Annual Passholder Previews REGISTRATION LINK IN FIRST POST-EVENT FULLY BOOKED

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure the AP preview for Pandora was incredible. I've been a huge Star Wars (and Disney) fan for as long as I can remember, so I hope to be able to soak in the new experience without insane crowds. I've been to MK and Universal on private corporate events before, and it is stunning to be in the parks with super low crowds. I think even with EEMH the crowds will be massive in GE. Is this the first time they've offered anything like that (EEMH)?
From what I remember, they have never done EEMH like they are doing with SWGE. Most of these types of special hours usually requires a separate ticket, so this appears to be the first time they are doing something like this. I think they feel this will help get resort guests a chance to experience the land and not be super congested and for a bit of the hype to die down

From what I remember, they have never done EEMH like they are doing with SWGE. Most of these types of special hours usually requires a separate ticket, so this appears to be the first time they are doing something like this. I think they feel this will help get resort guests a chance to experience the land and not be super congested and for a bit of the hype to die down
I am trying to steel myself for being up and actually moving at that hour of the morning. I could certainly be wrong, but I think the eemh's will be wall to wall people and my only hope is to be there before it opens at whatever time that ungodly hour is. I am not a morning person, but I'll do what it takes. Yet another reason I'd like to be able to do the AP event. I feel like my face is pressed against a store window sayng open....open...open. :crazy2:

I am trying to steel myself for being up and actually moving at that hour of the morning. I could certainly be wrong, but I think the eemh's will be wall to wall people and my only hope is to be there before it opens at whatever time that ungodly hour is. I am not a morning person, but I'll do what it takes. Yet another reason I'd like to be able to do the AP event. I feel like my face is pressed against a store window sayng open....open...open. :crazy2:
I’ve already forewarned my party that they will be getting up at the crack of dawn one day to do this at least once. Maybe I’ll make them do it twice (insert evil mr. burns emoji here) lol

We have many new DISers on this thread. It’s great to see new faces (well, avatars) and active participation on this somewhat crazy topic as we all try to help each other figure this thing out.

For those unfamiliar with DIS posting guidelines, they can be found here: https://www.wdwinfo.com/guidelines.htm

The DIS is an open discussion forum where all posts and opinions are welcome. What is not OK are posts that are argumentative, sarcastic, or attacking of others - even if made in humor. The DIS strives to be a respectful community.

Thank you!

I’ve already forewarned my party that they will be getting up at the crack of dawn one day to do this at least once. Maybe I’ll make them do it twice (insert evil mr. burns emoji here) lol

Anyone in my party who doesn't get up and get going will be left in the dust. We are heartless when it comes to sticking to plans- you follow or you fall back. If the 7 yr old has to be drug out in his pj's, so be it. :joker:

Anyone in my party who doesn't get up and get going will be left in the dust. We are heartless when it comes to sticking to plans- you follow or you fall back. If the 7 yr old has to be drug out in his pj's, so be it. :joker:
I’m just worried about transportation. Are they gonna be running early enough? I would assume so, but I’m an over-planner. I hope the skyliner is operating and it will be operating that early as well. Cause then I’ll just hop on the skyliner

Because in DL staying on site guaranteed you a reservation spot, even if you only had a one night stay. DW has too many resorts to do it that same exact way.
I agree they couldn’t have done it the same way, but there were options.

They could have set a minimum stay requirement. If you had to stay four or five nights instead of one, they could have spread the reservations out more.

They could also have done it by resort level. They could have said only deluxe get a reservation or only deluxe and moderate.

It’s not that they couldn’t have set up a reservation system, but it appears they decided that wasn’t the way they wanted to handle it. Aside from the chance their website will be overwhelmed a few times, doing the previews is low risk for them, even if it is nerve wracking for the rest of us.

I agree they couldn’t have done it the same way, but there were options.

They could have set a minimum stay requirement. If you had to stay four or five nights instead of one, they could have spread the reservations out more.

They could also have done it by resort level. They could have said only deluxe get a reservation or only deluxe and moderate.

It’s not that they couldn’t have set up a reservation system, but it appears they decided that wasn’t the way they wanted to handle it. Aside from the chance their website will be overwhelmed a few times, doing the previews is low risk for them, even if it is nerve wracking for the rest of us.

Could you have imagined the outrage that only offering previews to Deluxe Level Guests would have caused? The optics would have been terrible... not to mention there are still probably too many Deluxe Resort Guests on Property to whittle down the attendance numbers especially when you factor in DVC as well.

I’m just worried about transportation. Are they gonna be running early enough? I would assume so, but I’m an over-planner. I hope the skyliner is operating and it will be operating that early as well. Cause then I’ll just hop on the skyliner
We're at the YC, we'll be walking most likely. I can just see us all now...lol

Could you have imagined the outrage that only offering previews to Deluxe Level Guests would have caused? The optics would have been terrible... not to mention there are still probably too many Deluxe Resort Guests on Property to whittle down the attendance numbers especially when you factor in DVC as well.

While it would've been fine with me, I can understand how it would infuriate an awful lot of people. I'm just going to give Disney the benefit of the doubt and assume they're doing it the best way there is.

I am semi-local (3.5 hours, up in North Florida). When I heard the opening date, I ran and booked a resort. When I heard there was going to be no FP, I canceled. I go so often that the prospect of waiting in that long line turned me off from going opening day, especially because we have a toddler.

An AP Preview is my best hope of seeing it this year. We have a trip in Sept. but were planning to avoid HS due to crowds. Part of me wants to go one morning of that trip but I'm definitely not dragging my daughter out so it would just be me going to the park, and I'm not a morning person lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter