• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Annual Passholder Previews REGISTRATION LINK IN FIRST POST-EVENT FULLY BOOKED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today is my last day of refreshing. After today if I get it i get it no more obsessing

Yeah it's kind of crazy we are all just sitting here waiting for dates they haven't even published and not even knowing if it will fit into our plans or if we can even be available for the dates.
Captive Audience.

Yeah it's kind of crazy we are all just sitting here waiting for dates they haven't even published and not even knowing if it will fit into our plans or if we can even be available for the dates.
Captive Audience.
Disney is THE number one entertainment company in the world, after all. I suppose that now also includes entertaining all of us with waiting/refreshing/speculating/camaraderie on DISboards.

Captive Audience.

Yup. I’ve been on vacation this week and been refreshing every 20-30 mins the whole week. I want to sleep in, but too afraid I might miss something.

Captive Audience.
How many will automatically register, but not actually attend? Do those people have the courtesy to notify Disney that they need to cancel, so that others have the opportunity to attend?

I'm not sure I understand this. If the registration link we are assuming will be used again, wouldn't it HAVE to be updated before the e-mails go out? Otherwise people would get the e-mails and would be directed to a link that says the even is sold out. If you are just talking about the parks blog, AP perks page, ect then I understand that. But if we are to believe they'll use the same registration link, it makes sense to refresh that one I'd think.
I never assume anything

How many will automatically register, but not actually attend? Do those people have the courtesy to notify Disney that they need to cancel, so that others have the opportunity to attend?
Pretty sure it doesn't matter if people can't go. Disney doesn't do a wait list that I'm aware of so not sure that anyone can fill the spot

Captive Audience.

And literally off of one line that was written in a blog

Pretty sure it doesn't matter if people can't go. Disney doesn't do a wait list that I'm aware of so not sure that anyone can fill the spot
I was told that they keep track of responses, and that some people do call to let Disney know they will not be coming to the event, thereby allowing others, who call, to grab a slot. I was just wondering how often that happens (guessing not too often).

I was told that they keep track of responses, and that some people do call to let Disney know they will not be coming to the event, thereby allowing others, who call, to grab a slot. I was just wondering how often that happens (guessing not too often).
I could see the Premier and Platinum AP getting their shot at registering and then if Disney sees that there's still space open it up to Gold and DVC possibly. Just like they did at DL when they said reservation only for DLR guests and then opened up a window for anyone to register that wasn't staying

I could see the Premier and Platinum AP getting their shot at registering and then if Disney sees that there's still space open it up to Gold and DVC possibly. Just like they did at DL when they said reservation only for DLR guests and then opened up a window for anyone to register that wasn't staying
Yeah but at DLR it was announced from the very beginning that a separate reservation window would exist for those not staying at 1 of the 3 hotels, so the space was always there. But I agree, they could open to Gold and DVC if space exists but I am going to guess space won't exist.

What I don't get is why not do what they do for Moonlight Magic or the DLR registration? Set a date then do the virtual queue page (randomly assign people a spot in line that join before the live time).

Another day almost done. Does this mean we get the weekend off? I'll be packing practically the whole house up next week. We're getting hardwoods/carpet installed so no reason not to keep this window up and refreshing from time to time, but I sure am getting tired of waiting. Btw, today should be an example to all of just how much stock to put into my "predictions". At least I didn't say "should". :)

Yeah but at DLR it was announced from the very beginning that a separate reservation window would exist for those not staying at 1 of the 3 hotels, so the space was always there. But I agree, they could open to Gold and DVC if space exists but I am going to guess space won't exist.

What I don't get is why not do what they do for Moonlight Magic or the DLR registration? Set a date then do the virtual queue page (randomly assign people a spot in line that join before the live time).
I've played Disney's game for 21 years now and the only thing I know for a fact is don't try to understand why does Disney do things in whatever way...

I just hope that it drops before July 18th, cause I’m driving up to my sisters that day and I would be sad to know it dropped during that drive. Though it could drop the day before, which is my birthday *hinthintdisney* but ideally I would like it sooner

Another day almost done. Does this mean we get the weekend off? I'll be packing practically the whole house up next week. We're getting hardwoods/carpet installed so no reason not to keep this window up and refreshing from time to time, but I sure am getting tired of waiting. Btw, today should be an example to all of just how much stock to put into my "predictions". At least I didn't say "should". :)
Not your fault... anything to pass the time while waiting. I was certainly entertained.

As someone who previously registered the day it opened for the Typhoon Lagoon VIPassholder thing on 6/3 (Had a trip starting 6/4) and then emailed literally the next day to cancel my reservation for it after I was unable to switch flights around, it doesn't matter if you let them know. They emailed me back saying they were sorry I couldn't attend and would cancel my reservation for the event... then the week of 6/3 I got an email with instructions on how to check in for the event since I still had a spot reserved.

Just guessing whoever posted this on that FB page isn't to far from a boot. "Should be, infers some sort of confidence level ". Was it anyone here? If so, :worship:
I made a comment right under that which will likely take me over to the dark side.

That’s okay, my confidence is lost. I’m basically just going to be refreshing my email, the passholder page, and the link used for past invites every 30 minutes or so until it drops. Only takes a minute to do so and I’m not at work, so not as big of a deal for me as it is for others.

I can see this and I can also see Disney doing some kind of event or events at night JUST for DVC members in Oct or Nov. Since Oct-Dec are busy months for DVC I can see special events during those months.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter