Another use for Home Depot Mickey Head Paint Chips!

I just thought of another use....If you're the type to pre-pack clothes in the big ziploc bags for your kids, what about designating each child with their own color mickey head, and placing that color in each pre-bagged outfit so the kids know exactly which outfit is theirs? Am I reaching a little here? Those things are just too cool!!

I just thought of another use....If you're the type to pre-pack clothes in the big ziploc bags for your kids, what about designating each child with their own color mickey head, and placing that color in each pre-bagged outfit so the kids know exactly which outfit is theirs? Am I reaching a little here? Those things are just too cool!!

That is a really good idea. Last year I did the clothes in the ziploc bag, but then the bags were getting mixed up.

If your local Wal-Mart or Target doesn't have luggage tag kits, go to the craft department and buy the keyring circles. I write our names on the Mickey heads, laminate them with laminate that I found in the wallet dept., punch a hole in the corner and use the key ring instead of the traditional luggage tag loopy thingie. (I did as another poster suggested. Use two Mickey heads back to back to make the tag sturdier)

I used the tags on our luggage, backpack and my purse.

I also used the Mickey heads to decorate our window at the CBR. I wrote my user name on one of them and our individual names on the others. My husband went to the food court one night and forgot what room number (and building number) we were in. Of course, he didn't take his cell phone with him so he couldn't call me. He said he wandered around first one building and then our actual building. He was about to get really frustrated until he saw our Mickeystoontown Mickey Head in the window!

Post 49 shows Mickey Head paint chips. Home Depot has their Disney paint colors in the shape of Mickey's head. Of course, DISers saw them as useful for other things...who came up with DISers using the alien (lime green) color as an unofficial color for DISers I do not know. When you see someone with one, you know they DIS and you should be friendly. Does that answer your question? It's just a DIS thing.

My guess is the alien green came from the fact thet everyone else my husband included thinks that once you join the DIS you have been officially abducted by beings from another planet because you are never the same again. :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Does the inside on the window in a room at the Pop get really hot in the first of July or does the air conditioner keep it cool. I want to make something to hang in the window but don't want the heat to mess it up.

guess i'll be making luggage tags to put in everyone's easter baskets:flower:
and i def want to make a countdown for the door...leaving in 31 days!!!
thanks for the amazing ideas! off to HD!:yay:

I also found at Walmart in the scrapbooking section alot of different Disney themed stickers, some of them were even the 3D type. They also had other items that were Disney themed, making putting together a poster for our window at POR really fun.:rotfl:

my mon works at walmart in the stationary dept
se said they are no longer going to carry the luggage tag kits..
she got me all the Dubois PA walmart had.
:mad:

Oriental Trading Company has luggage tag kits: 6 for $3.95 or 12 for $6.95 :)

If you belong to Sunshine Rewards or Mypoints, make sure you go through them for money back.

I got luggage tag kits at Office Depot or Office Max. I'm sure both have them.

I put LGMH on my backpack as well as my husbands (even though he doesn't DIS). We were first approched at MCO before we got to the ME counter! I met some great people while wearing them for the first time. Look for me in December!

I just got home from Target and the Scotch laminated luggage tag kits are now on clearance.:banana: I paid $1.98 today for a pack of 5 tags, add in the free Mickey Heads courtesy of HD and a pack of mickey stickers from Dollar Tree for $1.06 (including tax) and you've got cute customized tags for the whole family.:cool1:

I will say at my Target there were only 2 packs of the laminated tags left....I only took one so if you live in Lancaster, PA there's a pack waiting for you.

Thanks for the tip, we don't have a Home Depot in our town but we took a trip out to the "big city" (Portland, LOL!) today and I made my DH stop at HD just so I could grab a stack of Mickey heads! My DS is having a birthday in June and he wants a Mickey/Disney theme (he is SOOOO his mother's son! :earsboy: ) so I am going to figure out something fun to do with all the colorful Mickeys!

Just made our luggage tags last night. I let the kids pick their own colors and design their tags with stickers. Thanks for the great idea!

Here are ours

IM000239-1.jpg

IM000238-1.jpg

IM000237-1.jpg

Since my dd is now engaged, I've been reading the wedding threads. Why not use the mickey heads for favors.:idea:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter