Any USA entry updates?

You really need to visit Disneyland, it's rides are nearly all superior to WDW. I like to go in September, great weather, Halloween is fab and the Haunted Mansion is transformed into a Nightmare Before Christmas theme.
I love my Disney double headers, 4/5 days at DL, internal flight over to WDW and no immigration at OIA, just get off, get your baggage onto the DME. Best trip ever. Done it three times now and planning a fourth one.

we did a double header once, years ago..
the kids were in high school....given they're now 35 and 33, it was a LONG time ago..
we started with 3 weeks at WDW (actually 24 days)...
then a 4 night cruise on the Disney Wonder..
then an internal flight to Los Angeles, for 4 days at DL/DCA
then another internal flight to Las Vegas..
we were supposed to be in Vegas for 4 days but we HATED it, so i bought us new one way tickets just to get us out of there early..
we flew from Vegas to Detroit (where my family lives) for a week of power shopping....
then another flight from Detroit to NYC for 2 nights and 3 Broadway musicals..
and then the long flight home from JFK...

total time in the US? 6 glorious weeks.....

we did a double header once, years ago..
the kids were in high school....given they're now 35 and 33, it was a LONG time ago..
we started with 3 weeks at WDW (actually 24 days)...
then a 4 night cruise on the Disney Wonder..
then an internal flight to Los Angeles, for 4 days at DL/DCA
then another internal flight to Las Vegas..
we were supposed to be in Vegas for 4 days but we HATED it, so i bought us new one way tickets just to get us out of there early..
we flew from Vegas to Detroit (where my family lives) for a week of power shopping....
then another flight from Detroit to NYC for 2 nights and 3 Broadway musicals..
and then the long flight home from JFK...

total time in the US? 6 glorious weeks.....

Sounds wonderful. Las Vegas has never appealed to me, but the rest sounds wonderful. My best friend lives in Ohio, but, is close to Detroit so I would fly into there, except she is moving to Texas soon for a couple of years with her hubby's job. I was thinking of NY (get to see a Mets game) DL, Houston and WDW in one trip.

Well 1 September has come and gone and my British Airways flights in October, Gatwick to MCO, are still scheduled and still being sold by BA. Just need the travel bans to be lifted now.
Meanwhile, my plan B trip to Athens looks under threat as Wales is hit with Covid clusters from the Greek island.
My plan B was Disneyland Paris, but, that wouldn't be until next February/March.

I have fallen in love with Cape Cod. It really is one of the most beautiful places on earth and you can walk for miles and miles along the beaches. Lovely seafood shacks, gorgeous beach houses, amazing sunsets.

We love that area, in fact the whole of Massachusetts is a beautiful place. I am looking forward to getting back there as well as Disney. I just hope they let us know about flying etc soon! We are on DVC points for next April having rescheduled wedding/honeymoon and it's taking the shine away from planning now the not knowing anything yet! I can't get as excited as I'd usually be. I heard that park hopping is likely to be back come January.

You play dumb ... Let The B.A. person make the decision .... not you.

( Me ) Is my flight still going ahead on ....... ? . B.A. Person ........ let me see ....

If you are still not happy ... Call again later on .

LOL, I hadn't thought about that! Wonder if I can take it?
I would highly recommend it. I do it so I can do both Halloween parties. The Oogie Boogie Bash was brilliant fun. As for Radiator Racers, that'll spoil Test Track forever, just no comparison.

I would highly recommend it. I do it so I can do both Halloween parties. The Oogie Boogie Bash was brilliant fun. As for Radiator Racers, that'll spoil Test Track forever, just no comparison.

I've been to Anaheim a few times before, just not during the same holiday as WDW! Radiator Springs Racers vs Test Track. Hmm, I still prefer Test Track. Cause it's faster and not based on a kids cartoon! It might be heresy but honestly I'm not into Disney characters, princesses and movie franchises, I'll choose original attraction concepts practically every time over a tie-in of some description. I come from the theme park experience angle rather than the Disney angle. Tower of Terror vs Mission Breakout....that tests me. Mission Breakout is the better ride because of the reprogramming, but Tower of Terror is more compelling and encompassing. I come off Mission Breakout thinking that was a fun ride, but ToT with goose bumps. Same with Test Track actually, I get butterflies climbing the hill after the seat-belt check, the atmosphere gets to me. The best would be if Tower of Terror was reprogrammed with a longer and slightly more intense drop sequence, in fact they could have a green and an orange side! What I miss in WDW ToT from the original fixed-programme Anaheim ToT and the one in Paris is the mind-bending shoot/stall/drop sequence which doesn't seem to occur in the WDW one, certainly not to the same intensity.

I have fallen in love with Cape Cod. It really is one of the most beautiful places on earth and you can walk for miles and miles along the beaches. Lovely seafood shacks, gorgeous beach houses, amazing sunsets.

Have you tried the islands? Nantucket is my favourite place in the world.

I resolved to only booking a bit more last minute, ie 2-3 months in advance. Waiting to see how things are playing out.

So how would you interpret this? US travel restrictions lifted, so just UK travel restrictions in place?
https://www.cdc.gov/media/releases/2020/s-0909-covid-19-entry-strategy-air-passengers.html

Well I have an Aer Lingus flight Dublin to LAX in October which is a rescheduled June flight. In July when I checked availability for my flight, ie did a new dummy booking, it had been change to Dublin to Chicago on Aer Lingus, Chicago to LAX on Jet Blue. My understanding with this decision is that now Aer Lingus can go back to Dublin to LAX direct.

I see this as the first step in the travel ban by US Government being lifted.

This is the page I'm watching for updates is this one https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/from-other-countries.html

last updated 18 August
With specific exceptions, foreign nationals who have been in any of the following countries during the past 14 days may not enter the United States. For a full list of exceptions, please refer to the relevant proclamations in the links below.
  1. China
  2. Iran
  3. European Schengen area (Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Monaco, San Marino, Vatican City)
  4. United Kingdom (England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland)
  5. Republic of Ireland
  6. Brazil

Well I have an Aer Lingus flight Dublin to LAX in October which is a rescheduled June flight. In July when I checked availability for my flight, ie did a new dummy booking, it had been change to Dublin to Chicago on Aer Lingus, Chicago to LAX on Jet Blue. My understanding with this decision is that now Aer Lingus can go back to Dublin to LAX direct.

I see this as the first step in the travel ban by US Government being lifted.

This is the page I'm watching for updates is this one https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/from-other-countries.html

last updated 18 August
With specific exceptions, foreign nationals who have been in any of the following countries during the past 14 days may not enter the United States. For a full list of exceptions, please refer to the relevant proclamations in the links below.
  1. China
  2. Iran
  3. European Schengen area (Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Monaco, San Marino, Vatican City)
  4. United Kingdom (England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland)
  5. Republic of Ireland
  6. Brazil
Interesting, as the bulletin I linked is dated today and suggests something different.... I think. 🤔

Interesting, as the bulletin I linked is dated today and suggests something different.... I think. 🤔

yes the one you linked to is just about the limitations on airports. Duel American and European citizens have been able to travel transatlantic since March but the airlines have been limited to 15 airports. Now, the page you linked to, means that the airlines can resume to airports which were not one of the 15. But at the moment we, UK and Irish and European citizens are still banned from travel. This update only applies to duel American and European citizens who want to travel transatlantic.

The only way a British citizen can enter the US is if they haven't been in any of the countries with travel restrictions for 14 days prior to entering the USA.

So if you're willing to spend at least 14 nights in somewhere like Turkey, Albania, Croatia for example, you could technically still fly to the US.

Attachments

• IMG_3963.JPG
    IMG_3963.JPG
    74 KB · Views: 5
I work for Lufthansa and we are constantly monitoring, lobbying etc. Once anything changes I will post. European countries have added more exceptions ex non-married partners can enter the EU.
Thanks for keeping us updated. I still have a LH voucher from April and I am waiting to rebook for Disney.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter