AP Only Info Thread Reservation System /Extensions / Refunds

I must admit that this whole debacle has put a serious cloud over Disney. I have two Platinum APs that, by my estimates, I’m owed approx. $1,200 for (total between the two). The card that was used to purchase them is still active. No refund as of today - 9/28. The end of September. Not the middle, or late, September.

Did a VIPassholder supervisor call you directly and tell you tough luck? Or did a VIPassholder Help Desk CM? Do not call and ask a CM for help other than to request a VIPassholder supervisor call you directly. It may take a few days
I was on hold for 2 hours and switched to a “higher up” that WAS reversing transactions and was told it was too late since I only noticed when the passes disappeared.

I was on hold for 2 hours and switched to a “higher up” that WAS reversing transactions and was told it was too late since I only noticed when the passes disappeared.

Did someone have a transaction reversed? I have not read that and don’t believe higher-ups can reverse cancelled APs. At least that is what many have been told.

However, depending on the case, people have received replacement APs

Just wondering if anyone has gotten their refund for cancelling their annual passes yet? Canceled my families back in July and it was stated the refund would be by Mid to Late September and with only one more day to go in the month still haven't seen our refund.

Nothing here. But I expect it to be in October because they will likely issue us a check. Original form of payment no longer exists.

Just wondering if anyone has gotten their refund for cancelling their annual passes yet? Canceled my families back in July and it was stated the refund would be by Mid to Late September and with only one more day to go in the month still haven't seen our refund.
merged you to the existing thread

I have not. I have emailed as suggested and have not received a response.

@yulilin3 I lost your quote, but no, I've not received any refunds as a monthly payments person. I think, unfortunately, I'm in a grey area that won't get any. Back when I last spoke with someone in VIP, I was told my son's AP that expired in April 2020 would not get a refund because I'd made the last payment on it in Feb. And my AP that expired in March 2020 wouldn't get a refund because I renewed early and my first three payments were all made before the mid-March date they were using to cut off payments.

I don't think that's right or fair, but I take comfort in two things: 1. renewing early on both APs saved me money by getting it done right before price increases, and 2. I got/will get more than my money's worth out of them in usage.

2 platinum APs. Activated January 2020. Requested full refund by phone May and June, replied to email sent in July confirming cancellation, Sam's Club purchase, original form of payment still available. No refunds yet, even for the 117 day park closure period.

I am in Canada, but should otherwise be a relatively straightforward case. 5 gold passes cancelled (myself and my husband online, but had to call re the 3 kids as I did not get emails for them). Received 5 confirmatory cancellation emails (two when I submitted the online selections, 3 more for the kids while I was on the phone with the CM cancelling their passes). Credit cars used to pay for the passes last fall still active. It’s now Sept 29 and I’ve seen nothing.

/s
Ok, I buy one. But I won't pay it right away, probably mid to end some year. And I won't tell you how much I am gonna pay. I have a formula based on sun activity, moonlight shadows and count of bunnies, which I may see today.
/s off

They couldn't just make up any good offer before the cancellation desaster? Like extra discounts on renewal, just to have still a grab on their loyal passholder? Oh Disney, if you ask for a regular price, be prepared

Last edited by a moderator:
Do we know pricing? We cancelled ours in July, and haven't received a refund yet. Passes are gone from MDE. IF we could buy new passes at a good price, but not activate them until we go back to Disney, we'd consider it. Anyone know the logistics, and whether this scenario is possible?

/s
Ok, I buy one. But I won't pay it right away, probably mid to end some year. And I won't tell you how much I am gonna pay. I have a formula based on sun activity, moonlight shadows and count of bunnies, which I may see today.
/s off

They couldn't just make up any good offer before the cancellation desaster? Like extra discounts on renewal, just to have still a grab on their loyal passholder? Oh Disney, if you ask for a regular price, be prepared
Please be mindful of language, you got asterisked, i edited your post

Curious if this is for DVC gold passes too? I let my daughter's expire. I called for a refund for the closed days, which I still haven't received. The pass is no longer showing in my account though. We have two trips planned, Jan and May, that I would love to get a pass for.

I've been waiting on buying her a new ticket until I get a refund on her pass, or a refund on the race registrations I just canceled.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter