• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

AP Only Info Thread Reservation System /Extensions / Refunds

True but I think they will bring back ap sales in2021 as they need to justify the blue card.

But do they? We’ve always been told DVC stays are separate from anything Park related and that any offers could be canceled or changed at any time. If you’re only buying DVC to save $$$ on passes you’re doing it wrong IMHO. As you now see, they can stop any perks at any time for whatever reason they want to make up.

Are they not selling APs currently? We are thinking about going in November, depending on the way of the world, and would love to use the AP discount, but I cancelled ours instead of renewing. :rolleyes: But the website only gives me opening information when I click on APs.

Are they not selling APs currently? We are thinking about going in November, depending on the way of the world, and would love to use the AP discount, but I cancelled ours instead of renewing. :rolleyes: But the website only gives me opening information when I click on APs.

no new ap purchases. No word on when they will resume.

Checking in... officially “late September” and no refunds for us yet. Requested in July, paid via Visa that is still active... so pretty straightforward as far as method of payment. It really is a long time to wait for an unknown refund amount. For us it’s 4 passes that were only about 15% utilized before closure, so it is not $20 we’re waiting. Will update when we receive anything.

Checking in... officially “late September” and no refunds for us yet. Requested in July, paid via Visa that is still active... so pretty straightforward as far as method of payment. It really is a long time to wait for an unknown refund amount. For us it’s 4 passes that were only about 15% utilized before closure, so it is not $20 we’re waiting. Will update when we receive anything.
I'm in the same boat. Cancelled in July, had only had the pass for 3 months, visa used to purchase still active and I'm still waiting.

[We’re paid in full W/Visa out of state gold and still no refund. Now it looks like DH pass is still in MDE with additional 1 month extension

Last edited:
My family of 4 had APs. Requested refunds of all 4 twice (in June and July). Got husband's refund 2 months ago, son's refund a month ago, and nada for my daughter and I. Super frustrated with Disney. I've spend hours on hold with them over the last few months.

I wish they would have allowed me to just put my AP on hold for a period of time. I would have taken that option. But instead they insist on a refund. Still waiting for a refund though.
Same. My original expiration date was 5/19 and I planned to renew it twice and have an AP through 5/19/22 based on how I plan to use DVC points the next couple of years. I would have preferred to get no refund/money back and just a grace period for being able to renew at the renewal price at a later time.

You’d think at least a few more ppl would be posting that they received the full cancellation refund. I don’t hold much hope for a wave of refunds by Wednesday.

My AP expired on May 7, 2020. I called to request the partial refund just before it expired and got a confirmation number that I had requested the refund. When I purchased it, I charged to a debit card that is no longer in existence. I received a paper check in the mail on September 21, 2020 for $140.10 and there was a notation on the check stub indicating it was a refund on an annual pass. I made only a single call back to cancel and did nothing else but wait.

I was just about to check my Visa account online. I guess I don't need to... (we canceled on the last possible day because we were still hoping we could go in August.)

Called today just to check why DH pass is still showing in MDE. Apparently his was not showing the cancel request As sent on 7/14. After 3 hours, they say sure they can cancel it as of today’s date. The refund would not be backdated. WTH?!!!

Called today just to check why DH pass is still showing in MDE. Apparently his was not showing the cancel request As sent on 7/14. After 3 hours, they say sure they can cancel it as of today’s date. The refund would not be backdated. WTH?!!!

ugh, that’s just wrong. i guess everyone was suppose to call to confirm they got the email. I’ve call 3 times to confirm my request from April 28th. At this point they should start adding interest to the payments. I’ve tried to be patient and understanding. But now I’m just disgusted.

ugh, that’s just wrong. i guess everyone was suppose to call to confirm they got the email. I’ve call 3 times to confirm my request from April 28th. At this point they should start adding interest to the payments. I’ve tried to be patient and understanding. But now I’m just disgusted.

I never got "the" email. If it wasn't for the dis, I would have had no idea of deadline to call/contact disney.

We requested to cancel AP about Aug 8. No money so far.

They are really treating AP holders the worst out of every segment of their customer pool. Between jacking up extensions, refunds and horrible IT, horrible communications, and lack of AP reservations when the new park system opened, it’s really a shame.

I highly advise to get anything and everything offered or sent to you in writing. Keep a copy of every email and screenshots too just in case Do not rely on their honesty, ability to keep accurate logs of your calls, or MDE.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter