• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

AP Only Info Thread Reservation System /Extensions / Refunds

I highly advise to get anything and everything offered or sent to you in writing. Keep a copy of every email and screenshots too just in case Do not rely on their honesty, ability to keep accurate logs of your calls, or MDE.

correct. I started a timeline on April 28. (1st call). I ask the name of every cm I speak too. I make notes after each call. I’ve called 3 times and have the dates, times, names, and conversation notes.

correct. I started a timeline on April 28. (1st call). I ask the name of every cm I speak too. I make notes after each call. I’ve called 3 times and have the dates, times, names, and conversation notes.
Smart. With the way things changed over the last few months, we have to make sure to document all correspondence.

I just spent another 2 hours on the phone. This is my 4th phone call since July. Two of our 4 passes were "incorrectly processed" on their side, so now they'll be cancelled effective today instead of with my other 2, which were correctly processed by their system in August. Still can't tell me what my refund amount will be, but I should expect the first 2, correctly processed refunds, "this week or next" and the 2 incorrectly processed, cancelled today, within 4 weeks or so. Also the CM tried to tell me last Monday was the very first round of refunds that had been processed at all, which I doubt is accurate based on other posts here on the DIS.

I'm so disappointed in how Disney is handling this, it has really killed the magic for me. We practically raised our kids at WDW, going 4-6 times a year their whole childhood, APs, DVC, all of that. At this point, I don't know if I'll ever enjoy WDW like I did before. There's no magic or pixie dust, just $ signs and policies. I'm so sad over it. I just want to go to Disney and make happy memories with my family, and that feels impossible after the way this set of interactions damaged my relationship with the Disney brand.

Just got an email from guest services, probably my 4th, that countered everything I had been told you to this point.

This email’s main point:
NO requests for cancellations mattered that weren’t submitted via the official email that went out for annual paid in full passes. So, while being told this whole time when I cancelled in April that it was filed and I “got in line for a refund” at that point, that’s now not the case. I’ve been told for a month my refund was put in line and the annual passes would process by this month at the latest. NOW, this email just explained all the refunds were put in batches and only some of them will be paid out this month, that I should expect to see it by mid-late October.

Disney at this point can go to hell. This has been such a cluster F. I’m entirely convinced they are doing this to push pass holders away as they make way more money with regular vacationers. How else can you explain a multi-billion dollar company being this horrid?

Just got an email from guest services, probably my 4th, that countered everything I had been told you to this point.

This email’s main point:
NO requests for cancellations mattered that weren’t submitted via the official email that went out for annual paid in full passes. So, while being told this whole time when I cancelled in April that it was filed and I “got in line for a refund” at that point, that’s now not the case. I’ve been told for a month my refund was put in line and the annual passes would process by this month at the latest. NOW, this email just explained all the refunds were put in batches and only some of them will be paid out this month, that I should expect to see it by mid-late October.

Disney at this point can go to hell. This has been such a cluster F. I’m entirely convinced they are doing this to push pass holders away as they make way more money with regular vacationers. How else can you explain a multi-billion dollar company being this horrid?
I think that email is incorrect. I cancelled two of my 4, via chat in the app, not email. I got an email confirmation for two cancelled passes. The correct passes have disappeared from my account.

This email’s main point:

I am a paid in full Platinum Annual pass holder in Canada....I never received an email with my options. I called the AP phone number and was able to cancel over the phone. I received an email confirming the cancellation of our 2 AP. I did receive the partial refunds for the closures and am still waiting for our refunds for the remaining cancellation. However since I upgraded some WDW tickets to our APs, I am expecting to receive a cheque in the mail, which I have been told can take up to the end of October.

Who would have ever thought Disney customer service would be on par with IRS customer service?

I am 43 years old and have been going to WDW since I was a little kid. This is, BY FAR, the worst they have ever handled a widespread issue.

They can't process refunds in a timely fashion? Or even tell us what the refund is? Or even send a confirmation that it is being processed?

I will gladly join a class action lawsuit at this point. Anyone know of any?

Who would have ever thought Disney customer service would be on par with IRS customer service?

I am 43 years old and have been going to WDW since I was a little kid. This is, BY FAR, the worst they have ever handled a widespread issue.

They can't process refunds in a timely fashion? Or even tell us what the refund is? Or even send a confirmation that it is being processed?

I will gladly join a class action lawsuit at this point. Anyone know of any?

I am wondering if the delay on refunds has to do with their fiscal year ending today? Maybe it's just wishful thinking that my refund will actually be processed before the end of the month. We upgraded tickets, but paid the difference with our still active Visa, so I am not sure based on the limited info if we will get the money back on our card or via check, but I look at our card every day just in case. Family of 5 out of state platinum passes.

For anyone that is now being told that your cancellation request didn't go through did you get the confirmation emails from Disney? They don't say anything but in theory I had two passes and got two emails. One I canceled through the link but I had to call Disney for DH since he doesn't have any type of account with Disney.

CM “accidentally” put in for a refund for time closed back in May. I cancelled the pass once I found out that it happened and I couldn’t do anything about it. I have received nothing so far

It definitely feels as though there are deliberate strides being taken to create ill-will with AP holders. It's as if they don't want us back or want to bring AP's back at all. What better way to clear us out then get a bulk cancellation of annual passes, and simultaneously quit selling AP's? Considering the reports from others who were there over the past couple of weeks, their big strategies that took months to design are not working out so well. From the AP debacle, no park hopping, and park reservation system issues, it seems AP holders have taken the brunt of their horrible decision making. Disney Leadership is lacking on every front meanwhile it seems UO is rolling along just fine.

IMHO Disney will keep the Florida AP’s and then sell packages to everyone else. 6-812 days with accommodations and many add-ons.

I highly advise to get anything and everything offered or sent to you in writing. Keep a copy of every email and screenshots too just in case Do not rely on their honesty, ability to keep accurate logs of your calls, or MDE.

I haven't gotten jack squat in writing, lol. I have called twice to cancel my AP, once in early July and then a couple of weeks ago to check on it (at which point they said that the previous CM entered it wrong, but they were fixing it). The only "proof" I have are the several hours of phone records.

Getting pretty annoyed. We were cancelled even though a phone CM said we were not going to be. Disney basically said tough luck when we called 2 weeks ago. You got cancelled, you'll be refunded. Well, its the end of September and apparently we were cancelled mid July so...? We are out of state who stay on property 4-6 times per year. We spend a lot of money at Disney. We had to buy tickets for this October trip since our passes were cancelled. I think we are done after this mess. 2K has been tied up for months. No product. No refund. I am not happy.

ETA: Our passes were activated late December 2019 so we SHOULD get a fairly decent refund if we ever get one.

Getting pretty annoyed. We were cancelled even though a phone CM said we were not going to be. Disney basically said tough luck when we called 2 weeks ago. You got cancelled, you'll be refunded. Well, its the end of September and apparently we were cancelled mid July so...? We are out of state who stay on property 4-6 times per year. We spend a lot of money at Disney. We had to buy tickets for this October trip since our passes were cancelled. I think we are done after this mess. 2K has been tied up for months. No product. No refund. I am not happy.

ETA: Our passes were activated late December 2019 so we SHOULD get a fairly decent refund if we ever get one.

Did a VIPassholder supervisor call you directly and tell you tough luck? Or did a VIPassholder Help Desk CM? Do not call and ask a CM for help other than to request a VIPassholder supervisor call you directly. It may take a few days

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter