April 17, 2011 on the Dream

I can't book until the 9th, but this will be our 4th cruise. It will be Me, DH, DD who will be 10 and DS who will be 7 when we cruise. For now we will be booking a category 4, but depending on finances might try and move up to a suite.

Hi Ed--as I told you on the 4/18/10 Wonder thread, I made the switch from 8/16/11 to the 4/17/11 sailing of the Dream. I decided I wanted to have another birthday onboard a DCL sailing!!! A Palo Brunch to celebrate my birthday in 2011!!!!! :thumbsup2

Welcome Aboard Andy and Debbie!

Andy - I am really starting to get jealous of you! First you get to spend your birthday at CC next April, and then Palo brunch the next year!! Not fair. Actually I probably shouldn't complain.... I spent my birthday on the Magic when we did the PC repo cruise in 2005 (it was the day before we went through the canal) and we've been at WDW two or three times on my birthday.

Debbie - I'm not too worried about spring school break in NY. That is school break week in most of New England as well. We've sailed that week four times and never really had a problem. I recall being on the Magic that week in 2004 and there were over 700 kids on board!

It will be interesting to see how many DISers we'll have with us.

Ed

Most years - NY has off for passover week and NE has off the week of patriots day - most years it is different - In 2011 it is the same week so we will have the abnoxious NY's (like myself lol) and as my husband refers to them the "dreaded Sox Fans"

OH NO!!!!! WE HAVE TO SHARE THE SHIP WITH A YANKEES FAN?!?!?

Better tell your DH to be careful, there have been a LOT of people from Mass. on all the April cruises we've taken. On the 2004 Magic cruise, they announced that there were over 600 people from Mass. onboard. I'll be sure to bring Sox shirts and hats!! :rotfl:

But my husband still hates the Sox......

Although my DD19 doesn't know a whole lot about baseball, she is a Mets fan as well. It's a rather long and funny story, so I won't bore anyone with it, but she will be excited to hear we will have Mets fans sailing with us. ;)

As a side note, I'm a Phillies fan, and just a tad bit sad at the moment, if you get my drift. :lmao:

Oh yeah, I added my DD and her boyfriend to our ressie for this cruise as well, they don't know it yet, LOL!!! My DW and I want to see how Bryan likes DCL on April 2010 cruise. I figured to add them now to get the best price, then if Bryan decides DCL isn't for him, I can remove him from our 2011 ressie. :rotfl:

I root for the Mets too, especially when they're playing the Yankees in inter-league play.

Andy - good idea to add the two "lovebirds" now while the prices are lower. Hopefully Bryan will enjoy our cruise in April and want to go back. I feel bad for the Phillies too. I really wanted them to win two years in a row.

Off to make more coffee and get out the leaf blower. I love the trees in the summer, but having a yard surrounded by thick woods is the pits in the fall.

Have a good weekend all.

It is also Spring Break for a good part of NJ as well.....:rotfl2:

Might as well add CT to the group!!!! :banana:

Keeping our fingers crossed that when we can book tomorrow that we are able to join you all. If prices are right we might even book at B2B, imagine that!!!!

It will be me (a true Disney fanatic) DH (who rolls his eyes when I mention Disney, but secretly loves it), DS 10 turning 11 on 4/23, DD 9, DS 7

Might as well add CT to the group!!!! :banana:

Keeping our fingers crossed that when we can book tomorrow that we are able to join you all. If prices are right we might even book at B2B, imagine that!!!!

It will be me (a true Disney fanatic) DH (who rolls his eyes when I mention Disney, but secretly loves it), DS 10 turning 11 on 4/23, DD 9, DS 7

I considered a B2B, but decided against it. Of course DS is still bugging me to book it.

I was pleasantly surprised at the prices last week when I booked. Hopefully they haven't gone up in the past week. Good Luck!

We are officially booked for a B2B April 17th and April 21st! Cat. 8B room 9158. I'm so excited I can hardly think about anything else!!!!:cool1:

Going to be a long wait, but definitely worth it!:yay:

It appears I may have jumped the gun on booking this cruise. I was just informed that a "very possible" wedding date for our DD is in the works for May 2011. Dang kids, always messing up my plans, LOL!!! :lmao:

I'm holding onto the ressie for awhile just to see what happens for sure. :rolleyes:

It appears I may have jumped the gun on booking this cruise. I was just informed that a "very possible" wedding date for our DD is in the works for May 2011. Dang kids, always messing up my plans, LOL!!!

I'm holding onto the ressie for awhile just to see what happens for sure.

Tell the "lovebirds" that you already booked the cruise and see if that changes their minds about the "big day". Or..... drop them from the ressie and do the cruise with just you and DW. :idea: That way you two can get rested up for all the festivities the next month.

Tell the "lovebirds" that you already booked the cruise and see if that changes their minds about the "big day". Or..... drop them from the ressie and do the cruise with just you and DW. :idea: That way you two can get rested up for all the festivities the next month.

Nice try, but there is no way I will be able to take the mother of the bride away just a few weeks before the planned wedding day. :lmao:

Now that I have a better idea of what date the "lovebirds" have in mind, I'm seriously thinking about a June 2011 retirement date!!!

Nice try, but there is no way I will be able to take the mother of the bride away just a few weeks before the planned wedding day. :lmao:

Oh well..... it was worth a shot. By the time you get that close to the big day, you're both going to probably be wishing for a vacation!

When my DD got married 10 years ago, I was ready for a vacation long before the big day, and I wasn't even living in the same state, let alone the same house! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter