April 17, 2011 on the Dream

You can add us to this group!!!! We just booked our 1st Disney Cruise (and cruise for that matter!) on the April 17, 2011 Dream sailing! We will be celebrating my birthday and spring break (our 2 girls will be 5 and 8).

Never booked a vacation THIS far in advance before :lmao: and more excited than I have been for a vacation in a long time! Been wanting to cruise Disney since 1998! :)

Hi Robin and Welcome Aboard to you and your family! All of a sudden our little group is growing! :woohoo:

Never booked a vacation THIS far in advance before :lmao: and more excited than I have been for a vacation in a long time! Been wanting to cruise Disney since 1998! :)

Our first cruise was in April 07. I booked it and kept the secret until Christmas of 2006. It was so difficult! Keeping quiet for a year about something is not easy. At least this time I did tell my husband so we can be excited together. :) The time will be here before we know it. It will be worth the wait!

Hi everyone!!! Great to have so many more coming on board with us. My three day cruise prior to this one still has no one on it yet.

Robin, my daughter will be 6 for this cruise and my son, 9. I am really excited about the new kids programming changes - really excited! This is GREAT news having two kids three years apart who love to play together:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnx5SHKysOk

:yay:

By the way congrats on booking your first cruise! You will find out how incredible it is! We always went to the parks but started cruising DCL when my daughter was old enough to walk and my son was 4 and we now do this more than the parks! Its the best adult and kid vacation ever! :cutie:

We're doing this as a 7 day by doing back to back cruises on the Dream because there is NO WAY that we could not be on the ships for less than 7 days! Its just that good!

Thanks!! I read a few weeks prior to booking about the kids program changes. I was SO exited. My girls are less than 3 years apart and I think it will make a much easier transition (espeically for my younger DD, who tends to be more shy).

Back to back sounds delightful!!!!! We will try the 4 day and see how we do at sea! I already have a feeling we will want to cruise again!!!!!

"Might" be joining you. We did a 3 night in Nov.09, and my girls are itching to go again. I would like to do a 5 day in 2010, but they are all in the summer and my husband has major vetigo problems and is off school in the summer. I get away with taking them on a yearly trip in November each year while he is working, but he would never let me take them when he is off :rotfl:. This week of school is the annual Camp Trip for our school and due to some past health/cleanliness issues, we aren't sending our dd..... so why not take her on the Dream instead. Amazing thing is this... it is cheaper to book a 4 night April 2011 Dream than a November 2010 Wonder ??? Not sure about that one... will peek back when it is "official" :)

"Might" be joining you.

Amazing thing is this... it is cheaper to book a 4 night April 2011 Dream than a November 2010 Wonder ??? Not sure about that one... will peek back when it is "official"

We hope you can join us!!

As for pricing - the prices on the Dream have been a lot more reasonable than I expected. Since the ship will be brand new, I really thought the prices would be very high, and was pleasantly surprised when they weren't.

Hello everyone! We (myself, DH, DS, and DD) are planning on being on the Dream with ya'll. We are so excited. This will be our 2nd Disney cruise. We will actually be joining ya'll with some our of friends. My DS (6) can't wait to ride on the slide. That's all he talks about. Can't wait till we get a little closer and can start a real countdown.:banana::cool1::yay::cheer2:

Hello everyone! We (myself, DH, DS, and DD) are planning on being on the Dream with ya'll. We are so excited. This will be our 2nd Disney cruise. We will actually be joining ya'll with some our of friends. My DS (6) can't wait to ride on the slide. That's all he talks about. Can't wait till we get a little closer and can start a real countdown.

Welcome Aboard!!

I know what you mean about the slide. I will probably have to pry my DS away from the AquaDuck! At least I'll know where to find him ;)

sshhhh.... I booked, but didnt' tell my husband yet. The girls and I do a girls trip to Disney each November.... so am going to just move it to April so we can do the Dream. Maybe we will do a little weekend trip in the fall. Looking forward to planning with all of you!

I will be cruising on the Dream with my daughter and her family in April 2011...I am deathly afraid of water, but....I'll do it for my grandchildren:)

sshhhh.... I booked, but didnt' tell my husband yet. The girls and I do a girls trip to Disney each November.... so am going to just move it to April so we can do the Dream. Maybe we will do a little weekend trip in the fall. Looking forward to planning with all of you!

I'm glad you're coming with us. Your secret is safe with me.

I will be cruising on the Dream with my daughter and her family in April 2011...I am deathly afraid of water, but....I'll do it for my grandchildren:)

Welcome Aboard! I'd be willing to bet that you will be having so much fun with your grandchildren, that you'll never even notice the water!

Count us in. Cruise number two. We, DW, DH(12) DS(9), cruised April 09 7 day Eastern. Can't wait for the Dream!:cool2:

Count us in. Cruise number two. We, DW, DH(12) DS(9), cruised April 09 7 day Eastern. Can't wait for the Dream!:cool2:

Welcome Aboard! Our little group is starting to grow.

I can't wait to see "real" pictures of the Dream, and get more details. It will be interesting to see how close it is to the artist conception drawings.

Welcome Aboard! Our little group is starting to grow.

I can't wait to see "real" pictures of the Dream, and get more details. It will be interesting to see how close it is to the artist conception drawings.

yes, it is exciting being a brand new ship. Anyone have any other plans for the trip. We will likely arrive early Thursday morning and do something Thurs/Fri/Saturday. Not sure what yet. We did discovery Cove in November and it was truly the highlight of our trip, heck all of our trips, but doubt we will splurge for that so soon. Maybe in a few years. We havenever made it to Blizzard Beach or Typhoon Lagoon as we usually go in November and either it wasn't quite warm enough or just didn't fit in our schedule... so maybe that might be an option.

yes, it is exciting being a brand new ship. Anyone have any other plans for the trip. We will likely arrive early Thursday morning and do something Thurs/Fri/Saturday. Not sure what yet. We did discovery Cove in November and it was truly the highlight of our trip, heck all of our trips, but doubt we will splurge for that so soon. Maybe in a few years. We havenever made it to Blizzard Beach or Typhoon Lagoon as we usually go in November and either it wasn't quite warm enough or just didn't fit in our schedule... so maybe that might be an option.

We'll probably fly down on Saturday and stay at the port that night. We usually stay in Orlando for a couple of days after doing a 4 night, so we'll probably do that again. No definite plans yet.

We've been to Typhoon Lagoon and it was fun. The only thing we didn't care for was the crowd. They let way too many people in there and we had trouble just finding chairs, and we arrived about 30 minutes after it opened!

Our cruise begins on April 14 and after return, we will spend 4-5 nights at CBR... My first cruise and I will be going with my daughter and her family:) We are all excited..

We'll probably fly down on Saturday and stay at the port that night. We usually stay in Orlando for a couple of days after doing a 4 night, so we'll probably do that again. No definite plans yet.

We've been to Typhoon Lagoon and it was fun. The only thing we didn't care for was the crowd. They let way too many people in there and we had trouble just finding chairs, and we arrived about 30 minutes after it opened!

Am hoping since it is about 10 days before Easter and April that the crowds will be manageable. I know the crowds won't be anything, anywhere like we are used to in early/mid november.

Anyone else snowed in? We are in the 22 inch, 4th biggest snowfall of all time area(near Pittsburgh) To make it worse, we have a tummy bug and my mom had to come to our house since she did not have electricity and now she came down with it. School is already cancelled for tomorrow, doubt we will even be dug out by tuesday when they are predicting another snowfall.:scared1:

Am hoping since it is about 10 days before Easter and April that the crowds will be manageable. I know the crowds won't be anything, anywhere like we are used to in early/mid november.

Anyone else snowed in? We are in the 22 inch, 4th biggest snowfall of all time area(near Pittsburgh) To make it worse, we have a tummy bug and my mom had to come to our house since she did not have electricity and now she came down with it. School is already cancelled for tomorrow, doubt we will even be dug out by tuesday when they are predicting another snowfall.:scared1:

We were lucky and this one missed us (Boston area). However, VerandahMan go whacked with about 28 inches (Philly area).

Where are you in the Pittsburgh area? When I was a teenager we lived in Whitehall then Pleasant Hills for several years.

I hope you all start feeling better very quickly and that they get the roads cleared and power back on for everyone there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter