April 17, 2011 on the Dream

Our Celebrity cruise from NJ needs to be changed to a different one as we finally saw K's school calendar and dates for her next spring breaks are different than what we expected. We are looking to book on Celebrity Equinox 4/6/12, unfortunately it will NOT sail from NJ/NY.....We have never sailed with X but reviews are amazing (most five plus stars, four stars are the lowest I saw). I need to set it
really soon because I am not adjusting to reality too well :sad2:, need another vacation to look forward to.....:cloud9:

I have heard amazing things about Celebrity X, I am sooo jealous (in a good way;)) Hope you have a great time, but it is too bad you cannot go our of NY/NJ. We are looking at what goes out of Boston since it is only two hours away now. Not much except Canada and Bermuda late spring only into the summer. We are pondering the 5 night Canada on the magic next summer, wished I booked a dummy res on board but I was convinced we were going to try another line...Really nice hanging out with you and your DH and Sue. I am sure going to miss all you guys...:love:

Ladies, I haven't had a chance to get back on the board because after the cruise we went to WDW and on Sunday morning was given the sad news that my Father passed away.

I will read all your posts and get back to all of you soon but wanted to just check in to say that it was truly lovely getting to know all of you and sharing some nice memories together!

Sandy

Ladies, I haven't had a chance to get back on the board because after the cruise we went to WDW and on Sunday morning was given the sad news that my Father passed away.

I will read all your posts and get back to all of you soon but wanted to just check in to say that it was truly lovely getting to know all of you and sharing some nice memories together!

Sandy

:hug::hug::hug: Hugs to you :sad1:

We have never sailed with X but reviews are amazing (most five plus stars, four stars are the lowest I saw). I need to set it
really soon because I am not adjusting to reality too well :sad2:, need another vacation to look forward to.....:cloud9:

I have sailed Celebrity, but I don't think its a good comparison or person to give you an opinion. We sailed on it right after 9/11 and they couldn't sell the berths so they discounted them for Peurto Rico residents to like $100 a night. So the cruise was filled with people who had never cruised before, not a typical crowd for Celebrity, and by people who really were not into the "glamour" of Celebrity cruises - i.e. shorts and tank tops were worn to formal dinners, nasty rudeness prevailed throughout the ship by the passengers.... it kind of tainted my whole experience. Plus did anyone else know how much Peurto Ricans really hate mainland U.S. Citizens? I had no idea how viseral the hatred was until we got filled in by those who chose to tell us exactly what they thought of us in the elevators :scared1:

The ship was so, so in our comparison of it to our favorite ship at that time, The Grand Princess, (remember this was some time ago), but the service seemed to be wonderful, and they truly were out of their element having rude passengers on board. Nothing really sticks out to me about the cruise ship itself. We visited some awesome places, like St. Kitts, but the actual on-board experience is a little vague to me now.

Plus this wasn't their new ships which seem amazing.

I think they have wonderful service, strive to achieve glamour at sea, and this is all a good thing in a cruise line to me. :thumbsup2

Sandy
I'm so sorry. What a sad ending to your trip. My aunt, my dad's sister, passed away the day we left port. I didn't hear about it until we got off the ship and there was no way to get home for her service. I truly feel badly for you.

I have heard amazing things about Celebrity X, I am sooo jealous (in a good way;)) Hope you have a great time, but it is too bad you cannot go our of NY/NJ. We are looking at what goes out of Boston since it is only two hours away now. Not much except Canada and Bermuda late spring only into the summer. We are pondering the 5 night Canada on the magic next summer, wished I booked a dummy res on board but I was convinced we were going to try another line...Really nice hanging out with you and your DH and Sue. I am sure going to miss all you guys...:love:

there is not much to choose from in NY/NJ/Boston in early April. :rolleyes1 we are still thinking about our options...I thought we were set :sad2: I posted on Cruise critic roll call boards for X-Equinox, and they are warning me that there are might be just a few kids on this sailing :eek: Come on, Disers, lets all go together :grouphug:
Wendy, are you on FB?

Sandy

Sandy - really sorry about your loss....:hug::hug::hug:

Yes we were second seating....Took forever to get our bottle of wine the second and 4th nights when she was there. Water was scarce and so were drinks...It was awful - we did not complain until the last morning because then it was horrendous. We did not want to get Mario in trouble. did you know it was his first cruise as a waiter on his own.

Where were you in RP? Were you one of the large tables? We were the 6 top that was wedged between the server station and the wall LOL. Felt like we were always in time out because we were always in a corner it seemed. That stinks that you got such bad service. I think Mario did a great job especially for his first time as server on his own.

Sandy

Sandy, I'm so sorry for the loss of your father :hug:

Sandy

Sandy - sorry to hear about the loss of your father!! Hugs to you and your family!!
Debbie

Sandy

Sandy, I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your father. Please accept our condolences. :hug:

Only downside??? That second stop at CC..,our Palo Brunch got cancelled!!! I was not a happy girl. Made sure Ray knew about it as well as Guest Services. I'm sure there were a lot who were thrilled to have that second day at CC, but not us. Ah well.
Off to Coral Reef for dinner now.

I'm so glad to know we aren't the only ones that weren't thrilled with the 2nd CC day. We were upset Palo brunch was cancelled and I let Palo know that. We went up on Tues. night to see if brunch was still on and they said no, not happy campers at that point. So that was 2 Platinum benefits that didn't get used.
The only upside to the 2nd day there was being able to wander the ship and take pics when it wasn't entirely crowded.

Sandy, our sympathies to you and your family on your loss. :flower3: :grouphug:

Sandy, we were sorry sorry to hear of your loss. Please know that our thoughts are with you and your family.

miss our chats and planning.........:guilty:

Me, too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Everyone! Sorry I've been AWOL. I've been sick the entire time we've been home - not seasick or post-cruise depression sick - but sore throat to earache to bronchitis to pneumonia sick. :sick: I haven't had the energy to catch up with all the post-cruise posts yet, but hopefully will soon.

First, though, Sandy - I was so sad to read your post and want to extend our sincere condolences to you and your family on the loss of your father. :guilty: I wish we could all give you a comforting hug in person. :grouphug:

I'll write more later, but did want to pop in to say that it was wonderful to meet all of you in person! :hug: DH and I had a fantastic time on both of our cruises, and it was really great having our kids (plus DD's fiance) join us on the second cruise. Our servers were excellent, we loved the AquaDuck, and getting the surprise 2nd day at CC was the highlight of our first cruise! :woohoo: We appreciated all of the very creative and thoughtful gifts that filled our FE each day - you all are amazing!!!! I've been CRAVING your cookies this week, Karen! DH only got to eat the ear off of his before I gobbled it, too! :rotfl2: (Karen, as soon as you're shipping, I want to order a dozen of those FE cookies!!!!!!!!!!) The B2B procedure was flawless and it was fun sharing that experience with Mom_3_Mouseketeers! :)

I had already booked the 4/1/12 cruise, but reshopped it onboard and was able to save another $500! The only hitch now is whether or not I'll have an income next year to pay for it, so I won't be joining that Meets thread anytime soon. I also booked two dummy cruises for any interesting future itineraries.... wishful thinking :thumbsup2

We're still in high gear for wedding preparations! Soooo much left to do! :scared: My mantra is "It's not about the wedding, it's about the marriage!" :rotfl:

Time to get some rest. I promise to write more later.... :flower3:

Miss you! :lovestruc

Hi Deb,
hope you are feeling better :hug: :wizard:
thank you for posting, i was getting worried, i was afraid your house got affected by that severe weather last two weeks..
I feel like I lost lots of friends at once.....working on booking another Disney cruise, but it does not look promising at this time...
Please make sure you drink lots of tea and get plenty of rest :hug:

We appreciated all of the very creative and thoughtful gifts that filled our FE each day - you all are amazing!!!! I've been CRAVING your cookies this week, Karen! DH only got to eat the ear off of his before I gobbled it, too! :rotfl2: (Karen, as soon as you're shipping, I want to order a dozen of those FE cookies!!!!!!!!!!)

Deb, glad you enjoyed the cookies. Poor hubby :rotfl:

I will let you know once I set up shipping. There are a few things left to iron out.

Good luck to you in the future. I hope the job situation turns out to be one of the those blessings in disguise that we always hear about. :tink:

Deb T - sorry to hear you have been sick. You are the second person I have heard that a sore throat went all the way to pneumonia! I am battling a sore throat and stuffiness right now - hope mine doesn't follow suit...I think it is more allergies for me (fingers crossed). We leave to go back to WDW next Tuesday night - need to shake this!
We booked onboard for the 4/1/12 Dream cruise too!!! We had a really good time and we missed my DH not being there so my Dad rebooked us and we have two connecting rooms. We actually have the same room as this past cruise and the adjoining one! DH, DS, DF and sis want to go parasailing!!! I think my Mom and I will spend some time relaxing at that time! Hope you all are able to keep the reservation. I joined the meet thread but it is not very active.
Karen - loved the cookie! Just had it last night! It was really good. Looking forward to when you start shipping. Wish it was now - could have sent some Mother's Day cookies! :)
Yelena and all - I miss our daily chats and planning too. I am a little lost on the boards right now.
We are leaving for Disney next Tuesday night, late night flight to Orlando. So happy to be going back so soon. Can't wait to enjoy the parks with a lighter crowd than Spring Break.
DH has finally come around and accepted our plan to cruise again next Spring Break. Didn't take him long...
Have a wonderful day everyone!!
Debbie

What cruises do any of you have booked besides the 4/1/12 Dream?

We're on the 8/9/11 Wonder Alaska, 1/29/12 Dream, 9/7/12 Magic Canada and the 12/15/12 Fantasy.
I hadn't realize until I just typed this out that we have all 4 ships booked. :thumbsup2

What cruises do any of you have booked besides the 4/1/12 Dream?

We're on the 8/9/11 Wonder Alaska, 1/29/12 Dream, 9/7/12 Magic Canada and the 12/15/12 Fantasy.
I hadn't realize until I just typed this out that we have all 4 ships booked. :thumbsup2

lucky........:goodvibes

I am trying to get my friend(s) to join us on 7/8/12 or 7/15/12 Canada cruise, this way DH can stay home and we pay for only one adult and one child, but so far, no luck......with DS's NYU tuition there is no way we can afford two family cruises :rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter