Are Disney Parks now making people wait three hours during character meet and greets now?

The length of wait that is "ok" differs by person. I have a mental cut off #, and if the line is longer, I simply won't get in it. I do think a lot of FOMO keeps people getting in those lines, even when they're unrealistic.

I also think people should be less judgey of the age groups at Disney. Some find kids annoying, some think it's crap that adults are hugging characters. For all ages, sometimes it's some dream they never got to experience, they're tapping into their inner child and just want to let go of the cares of the real world for a bit, or a million other reasons. Clearly Disney is ok with it or they'd implement an age cap. There will never be anything wrong with having personal opinions about this (or anything else!). But it's uncalled for when people snark or glare or otherwise hope to shame the group they DON'T like from experiencing the meet & greet. It's total crap, uncivilized and childish. Accusing no one here, but we all know it happens.

I heard from my mom that if people want to do character meet and greets at Disney Parks they make people wait for three hours now and I would like to know if you heard about this? According to what my mom learned on the news yesterday people are always having to wait for three hours at Royal Fairytale Hall at WDW to get autographs and photos with the princesses. To me it's surprising that Disney Parks are doing this to people now and what I think Disney Parks should do is limit character meet and greets to one family at a time and there would be a line just for solo visitors too. If I had a family there is no way my children could wait three hours just to see Mickey and Minnie and I think this is gonna be the new image of character meet and greets for Disney Parks. I mean if your daughter wants Snow White's autograph or your son is dying to meet Marvel characters how can they wait three hours for their turn to meet characters? I think this will become the new trend with Disney Parks and people will most likely see characters at character breakfasts and dinners instead of waiting three hours in line
Has anyone started to witness this and do you think this is the new image to meet characters?
They arent making anyone wait 3 hours. Its your choice.

Long waits happen, but are rare.

Back in 2013, at the height of the Frozen craze, we waited 3 hours in line to see Anna and Elsa. Because our kids 'needed' to see them. The adults took turns waiting in line while the kids went on rides. When we were almost there, our entire party of 10 or so came back. This was typical of all the families there. No kids waited.
I have a picture of the sisters wait was 400 plus minutes. I remember their lines used to be out of control.

Why are people so mean on this board sometimes.....leave the OP alone...she innocently posted something, you don't have to opine!

I have a picture of the sisters wait was 400 plus minutes. I remember their lines used to be out of control.
I remember at one of the first 24 hour parties it was a 5 hour wait for Rapunzel

Longest character line I’ve ever waited personally was 2.5 hours when Jack & Sally made their East Coast debut (outside the AMC at Disney Springs {then still Downtown Disney} as promotion for the release of Frankenweenie for context)

Longest recent wait I’ve personally done was 55 mins for Miguel pre-race at last week’s RunDisney 5K

Getting back on topic and wait times. This board is really the only theme/amusement park board that I've seen complaints about long waits.

The weekend of Halloween at Cedar Point it was a 2 hour wait to just get into the park. Once in the park most rides were an hour to 2 hour waits and food lines were 45 minutes. I saw very few complaints about the waits.
You must not be in very many theme park facebook groups, those have been nothing but complaint after complaint about wait times.

You must not be in very many theme park facebook groups, those have been nothing but complaint after complaint about wait times.
I in a few Facebook ones but those tend to be full of negative GP. The online forums I belong to don't complain that much about wait times.

I in a few Facebook ones but those tend to be full of negative GP. The online forums I belong to don't complain that much about wait times.
People who take the time to join online groups tend to be repeat visitors who can just do what they miss in the next trip.

Early on I recall they used to frequently get multi-hour waits. Those were crazy! My daughter loved frozen so I would just have to distract her and quickly walk past so she wouldn't notice. 🤣

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter