Attn: Runners - What do you do when your at WDW?

4boyz4me

Earning My Ears
I'm a newbie to jogging, only doing 3-5 miles a few times a week, going for my first 5K in late October. We're staying at the Poly next week, and I really don't want to lose the progress I'm making...but I know I'll have very tired feet!

How do you adjust your running routine?

Oh yeah, I also plan on eating well so I'll need to compensate for those additional calories!!!

I know that when DH was training for a marathon, and we were at WDW, he got up early every morning, before the rest of us got up, at FW. Since we had young children who needed to get to bed early, he didn't have any problem getting up early. I don't know where you could jog near the Polynesian, but I'll bet if you ask at the front desk, they could make some suggestions. But it can be done! DH has NO willpower-yet, if he can do it, anyone can!

well im not a jogger but I am a walker

I have plans to walk from WL to FW
Poly to GF
and Contemp to MK

any idea how far those distances are?

My DW and I run every day down at WDW; BCV to be exact. There are plenty
of options to run around the Epcot resorts. But, that's not what you asked.
I may be wrong, but at Poly I think there may be a way to run around .....can't think of the name of the bay?? Come to think of it, you may get stopped at MK. If not, I'm sure the front desk can help you out with alternative routes and distances.

I jog 3 miles a day, every day. However, when Im on vacation thats what Im on vacation from. And when Im in WDW, theres no time for running...plenty of time for that at home.

So far this year Ive missed 19 days of running and 15 of those days were for vacations(2 different trips). I dont feel like I lose any progress by taking that time off. My legs do get a little sore for a day or 2 when I start up again, but nothing too bad.

I hope I dont sound like Im discouraging you, but I just wanted to point out if you dont get to do it with the tired feet and all, its not the end of the world. :D Good luck!

When we stayed at a DTD resort, we would run/walk from the resort over to DTD, through DTD to Cirque and back. It was about 3 miles.

When we stayed at VWL, we ran/walked to FW and around FW. My husband added his miles by running the loops at FW. I managed to make it about 3 miles by walking all over FW (but not all the loops).

We will be staying at SSR and OKW in October and January. We plan to do the run/walk over to DTD and around SSR and OKW. Again, we should be able to get 3 miles at least.

When we stay at the Epcot resorts, we run/walk over to Disney studios on the path. I do about 3 miles by going around the lagoon and over to the Studios. My husband adds a few more by running up the stairs, around the outside route of the Epcot resorts and back down the stairs. The stairs are located along the path to the Studios where the road bridge goes over the channel.

I think you can run to GF and back from the Poly...though one time I went, they were working on the sidewalks so we couldn't. Ask at the front desk; they should have a map/suggestions for running routes.

And good luck on your 5K!!

if you go to deb's website www.wdwig.com, go to search and type in jogging trails. the page will offer you info on jogging trails at all the resorts. very good info. have fun on your trip!!!

I consider myself a novice runner. I only run a couple times a week, about 3 miles, and I also go to spinning and Jazzercise class. I've just finished my second 5K. I didn't run at all while I was in WDW, but I did tons of walking-- at least 3 hours a day of just walking. We stayed at the Swan, so I by myslef walked on several mornings over to the Boardwalk and around the lagoon. Our family walked to Epcot and to MGM instead of taking the boat. We were there in the summer when the park was open very late. If I were you, I would decide at the end of the day if you felt like you got enough exercise in. If you didn't you could go for a short jog around the resort.

Last November we were at WDW for five days and then on DCL Wonder for three days and only ran one day (on the ship). I ate like a pig and when we got home I was amazed to find I had LOST two pounds!

I've been a regular runner for twenty years, and I assumed that the combination no running and a lot of food would add about five pounds, but I guess all that walking is a lot of work!

My DH is a marathoner, and he runs at WDW, usually 5 mornings a week 3-10 miles or more depending on his training schedule. He gets up really early, it's just too darn hot to run once the sun is up.

At the Polynesian he likes to run on the path back and forth between the PR and the GF. He also likes to run back and forth from the PR to the guard shack at SoG. He does NOT like to run the path around the marina area, too many turns, rough on the ankles.

Anne

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter