August 2020 Reservations-still going?

I cancelled my Aug. 31 thru sept. 5 this a.m. I pulled off that bandaid. It was fine. until i just logged back in and realized I should cancel the park passes. that's when i felt it, the sadness of it all. ugh. each park pass, one by one to cancel. select all. cancel. each day. one by one. At least I got my deposit back on the hotel and said goodbye to my discount but when I had to do the passes, that was when it was difficult for me.
then i went to book 2021 to make me feel better. i tried march and dates were incredibly high so i didn't book. did anyone here modify or rebook for 2021 and what is your opinions on pricing of hotels?

I cancelled my Aug. 31 thru sept. 5 this a.m. I pulled off that bandaid. It was fine. until i just logged back in and realized I should cancel the park passes. that's when i felt it, the sadness of it all. ugh. each park pass, one by one to cancel. select all. cancel. each day. one by one. At least I got my deposit back on the hotel and said goodbye to my discount but when I had to do the passes, that was when it was difficult for me.
then i went to book 2021 to make me feel better. i tried march and dates were incredibly high so i didn't book. did anyone here modify or rebook for 2021 and what is your opinions on pricing of hotels?
I just did the same thing! Canceling park passes and dining reservations just broke my heart. All our plans just went pufff😩. Plans I had been making since February.

Our magic bands came yesterday! Now I'm just waiting for Amazon to ship my mini screwdriver so I can put the pucks in the 3D printed holders I bought 6mo ago... Hard to believe how long we've been planning this trip! I am definitely ready to go now. I am still staying very aware of everything that's going on in the news, but we're committed to going and doing it as safely as possible. My kids understand the high stakes and my youngest is 9 so they are, I think, going to be pretty adaptable to being careful. I have no idea when our next Disney fix will be after this, but I am relieved to be decided and going, especially after missing out on our Disney cruise in March. 9 days!

One thing I’ve learned after a few road trips this summer - rest stops and packing our own food/drink have been the way to go for us. Gas stations, truck stops, food places, etc are often small, crowded and pretty much no mask zones in our travels, so we’ve been avoiding them. Most rest stops have relatively open/airy bathrooms and it’s a quick in/out, so even if it is mixed with masks it’s less time in an enclosed space. When we stop for gas it has almost always been gas only and we’ll hit a restroom at the next rest stop.

GA Disney Dad - Same here! We have packed our own snacks and lunches, made one gas stop each direction, and stopped at rest areas for restroom breaks!

I glanced at a few dates in the Spring, but prices were SO much higher. We may not be back for a big trip for a couple of years. We’ll likely convert my husband’s ticket to MNSSHP tickets in 2021 if it’s on then and travel some other places for awhile. As much as we love Disney, my kids are getting older and there’s a lot more of the world we want to see.

We are ten days out now and still planning to go! Hoping crowd levels don't increase too much by the time we get there. I heard some APs that were previously blocked will now be able to go and I don't know if that will have much of an effect on crowds or not.

Our magic bands came yesterday! Now I'm just waiting for Amazon to ship my mini screwdriver so I can put the pucks in the 3D printed holders I bought 6mo ago... Hard to believe how long we've been planning this trip! I am definitely ready to go now. I am still staying very aware of everything that's going on in the news, but we're committed to going and doing it as safely as possible. My kids understand the high stakes and my youngest is 9 so they are, I think, going to be pretty adaptable to being careful. I have no idea when our next Disney fix will be after this, but I am relieved to be decided and going, especially after missing out on our Disney cruise in March. 9 days!

Yay!!! We leave Thursday. It really became real yesterday when I finally bought our Universal tickets. When I check in for our flight, I will probably be through the roof. One more day of work to get through after not having a day off since New Years. We have been so many times, but this trip is just what our mental health needed.

We are still going! We weren originally going from August 29 - September 5, but when we went to buy our plane tickets yesterday we were able to get four round trip nonstop flights on American from DFW to MCO for $49.00 each if we left on the 26th! So we are extending our trip. Starting off with four days at Margaritaville ($129 per night!) before we move to Old Key West on the 29th. So excited!!

We are still going! We weren originally going from August 29 - September 5, but when we went to buy our plane tickets yesterday we were able to get four round trip nonstop flights on American from DFW to MCO for $49.00 each if we left on the 26th! So we are extending our trip. Starting off with four days at Margaritaville ($129 per night!) before we move to Old Key West on the 29th. So excited!!
Margaritaville is so pretty, enjoy

Margaritaville is so pretty, enjoy
Thanks! I’m excited. The cottages were barely more than the room, but I was afraid they were too far away from the hotel pool. Looking forward to a few days by the pool with my kiddos before the Disney madness.

Thanks! I’m excited. The cottages were barely more than the room, but I was afraid they were too far away from the hotel pool. Looking forward to a few days by the pool with my kiddos before the Disney madness.
not sure if they offer any good rates on the water park price but that park is fun, very small compared to other water parks but really fun

GA Disney Dad - Same here! We have packed our own snacks and lunches, made one gas stop each direction, and stopped at rest areas for restroom breaks!
We just made the decision yesterday to pack meals to eat in the car on the way there, and probably go through drive thrus and pull over to rest areas on the way back. And we’ve got a few N95s just to wear in gas stations and other places where we don’t feel comfortable. They aren’t comfortable enough for all day wear in the parks, but we may even wear them through the gates and other crowd pinch points before switching to more comfortable masks.

We just made the decision yesterday to pack meals to eat in the car on the way there, and probably go through drive thrus and pull over to rest areas on the way back. And we’ve got a few N95s just to wear in gas stations and other places where we don’t feel comfortable. They aren’t comfortable enough for all day wear in the parks, but we may even wear them through the gates and other crowd pinch points before switching to more comfortable masks.

I believe that Disney has banned all masks that have a valve in them, which would include the N95. You might want to double check before brining them to the park.

Small would be nice actually! I wonder if they are open?
FYI on the water park next to Margaritaville-went in June and no safety precautions. Chairs are spread out but the guests moved them so we had people on top of us. No social distancing at all and guests were on top of each other in line-both to get into the park and for each of the slides. I took a picture and sent it to the manager who called me and said they were "working on it" but could not help they were busy. All workers at concession stand had masks under noses and mouths every time I walked by. They have the refill Coke machine and adults and kids were touching all over the actual dispenser with their hands. Just a heads up. Different world from Universal and Disney. We quarantined ourselves for two weeks when we got home and ended up taking a COVID test (negative) solely based on what we saw at the water park for two days.

FYI on the water park next to Margaritaville-went in June and no safety precautions. Chairs are spread out but the guests moved them so we had people on top of us. No social distancing at all and guests were on top of each other in line-both to get into the park and for each of the slides. I took a picture and sent it to the manager who called me and said they were "working on it" but could not help they were busy. All workers at concession stand had masks under noses and mouths every time I walked by. They have the refill Coke machine and adults and kids were touching all over the actual dispenser with their hands. Just a heads up. Different world from Universal and Disney. We quarantined ourselves for two weeks when we got home and ended up taking a COVID test (negative) solely based on what we saw at the water park for two days.

thank you for letting me know!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter