Angel Ariel

DIS Veteran
I am having the same problem as another poster - I uploaded a new avatar, it said "upload complete" and I pressed OK, but the old avatar is still showing. No matter what I do, the new avatar won't show up.

Also, quite a number of people on the TPAS thread have mentioned the site being a bit blindingly white in all of the style options. Is it possible to have a style option with something other than white as the primary background color?

I agree with both.

Any avatar that I upload shows up on my profile page, but that's it. As I mentioned in another post, I've tried different images (per the advice of a mod), different formats (.jpg and .png), different sizes, and I still cannot get one to appear.

The white background is blindingly white, and simply too much for those of us with vision problems. I've been toying around, off and on, on the new boards since they came up and have a headache.

Your Avatar is showing now, Ariel. Did you do something? Maybe it takes a while? I uploaded an avatar, too, and it doesn't show.

Also, folks on the ABD board are showing as New Member when they totally aren't.

Your Avatar is showing now, Ariel. Did you do something? Maybe it takes a while? I uploaded an avatar, too, and it doesn't show.

Also, folks on the ABD board are showing as New Member when they totally aren't.
I showed up as a "new member" until a few minutes ago. I think that is still sourcing itself over.

The Ariel/Eric "Kiss Me" Avatar came over with the transition. I tried to upload a new avatar - ariel alone - that's the one that isn't showing up.

After you choose the image to upload as your avatar, there's another step you need to do to save it. There should be a button that says "change avatar" or "save", depending on where you do this from. Can you try again? Can you grab a screenshot if you still have trouble?

After you choose the image to upload as your avatar, there's another step you need to do to save it. There should be a button that says "change avatar" or "save", depending on where you do this from. Can you try again? Can you grab a screenshot if you still have trouble?
I've tried changing my Avatar multiple times & multiple ways, and it just doesn't show. I've done the "Change Avatar" and the "Save". I've tried "delete existing avatar", then re-load, save, and still nothing. I'll try again & do some screen shots.

Sayhello

After I upload the new avatar, this is what I see - I press the button that says "Okay" and nothing happens. Like the PP, I've tried checking the button to delete the old avatar as well, but it doesn't work.

To further complicate it :P. If you click on my avatar next to a post, it will show the new avatar, but the old avatar is still what's showing up next to the post in the thread.

Attachments

• Screenshot (1).png
    Screenshot (1).png
    325.8 KB · Views: 6
Here's the screenprints of what I could capture.

Sayhello

Attachments

• Trying to change Avatar.pdf
    819.8 KB · Views: 6
Slightly darker color scheme has been added for those having issues with the white background :)
OK, I'm totally missing how to change color schemes. Where is that option, please?

Sayhello

ETA: Found it! Preferences.

For the avatars- can you try uploading a JPG image as the avatar? Checking to see if this is just a file type issue.

OK, I'm totally missing how to change color schemes. Where is that option, please?

Sayhello
Click on your username above the search bar in the top right. A drop down menu will appear,click on preferences. The first drop down enu on that page is called "Styles" - that's what you change to change color scheme.

Though, apparently some forums have their own scheme. The scheme I chose was the DVC scheme. When I go to the Families board, my scheme choice is overridden for the Orlando Stroller Rentals scheme

For the COLOR SCHEME issue- look at the blue bar at the very bottom of the screen. Do you see "default style" there? If you click it, will it let you choose a different style? This is where the darker style option should show up.

For the COLOR SCHEME issue- look at the blue bar at the very bottom of the screen. Do you see "default style" there? If you click it, will it let you choose a different style? This is where the darker style option should show up.

I think the background needs to be a different color. The dark style really isn't much better

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter