I have uploaded a new avatar photo .jpeg format several times in 2 or 3 different screens under Profile & while it shows up there, it is not on the threads, this was a bit ago, I thought maybe it would take a bit to replicate back & be visible but it is not showing up yet.

I'm having the same issue and am getting frustrated which I realize is ridiculous! but I want it to work!

So, on another thread, a bunch of people don't have an option to change their Custom Title under "Personal Details". They all were able to upload & see their Avatars. I was wondering if those here who can't upload their Avatars have that option? I do. It might be a coincidence, but the options are right next to each other.

Sayhello

I do have that showing up now (I don't think I did before, I didn't see it earlier)

I see that post count is showing up under usernames in the thread now! I hope the post count titles are still uploading/transferring ...thought I was a "DIS Veteran" before

ETA: Mine says DIS Veteran now only because I changed it in the custom title box.

Last edited:

I do have that showing up now (I don't think I did before, I didn't see it earlier)
Yes, I saw on the other thread they seemed to have fixed that.
I see that post count is showing up under usernames in the thread now! I hope the post count titles are still uploading/transferring ...thought I was a "DIS Veteran" before
Yay! So they are slowly working through the issues. Honestly, I think overall this went really smoothly so far.

Sayhello

Yes, I saw on the other thread they seemed to have fixed that.
Yay! So they are slowly working through the issues. Honestly, I think overall this went really smoothly so far.

Sayhello
I agree! Thank you, DIS Web team, for being so responsive tonight!

The darker theme does not seem to work on Forums that have their own theme, such as the Adventures by Disney Forum or the DIS Unplugged Podcast Forum.

Sayhello
I don't think any of the other schemes work in forums that have their own dedicated theme. My DVC style choice was overridden by the Orlando Stroller Rental theme in the Families board

I'm having the same avatar issue. It shows up when I'm looking in my cp, but nowhere else. Was hoping there was pearls of wisdom in this thread...sigh...

I see some strange text and symbols under my avatar. This is what I see:

IDoDis<font color=blue>Knows the password to get into th

Do you see it, or is it just strange on my end?

I'm having an issue where I try to upload a 200x200 image, which it recommends as being the smallest size, it tells me my file size is too big and that it needs to be under 50kb. My computer tells me my image is only 27kb so why is it refusing to work?

We're definitely still having some avatar issues. We'll get the geniuses to look at that, but I think they may be getting some much-needed sleep right now. :)

I see some strange text and symbols under my avatar. This is what I see:

IDoDis<font color=blue>Knows the password to get into th

Do you see it, or is it just strange on my end?
I see it..did you used to have a tag from the tag fairy? It looks līke code for changing font color

This is the first chance I've had today to try uploading the avatar since the announcement was posted that it was fixed - it works now! Thanks, DIS webmasters!

I have uploaded a new avatar photo .jpeg format several times in 2 or 3 different screens under Profile & while it shows up there, it is not on the threads, this was a bit ago, I thought maybe it would take a bit to replicate back & be visible but it is not showing up yet.

I finally got my avatar to show up. I had to go into my Personal Details, then click the avatar there, got the Avatar window, clicked OK. I had done this several times on my iPad but would not 'take' to show the avatar in a post. I finally tried it on my laptop, went through the same process, and now it is showing up on my posts. Not sure why it wouldn't take on the iPad but did on the laptop - maybe this will help a few others who still can't get the avatar to show up.

I finally got my avatar to show up. I had to go into my Personal Details, then click the avatar there, got the Avatar window, clicked OK. I had done this several times on my iPad but would not 'take' to show the avatar in a post. I finally tried it on my laptop, went through the same process, and now it is showing up on my posts. Not sure why it wouldn't take on the iPad but did on the laptop - maybe this will help a few others who still can't get the avatar to show up.

From other posts I saw this morning, there was something wrong on their end that they managed to fix around 10am this morning. That's why uploading avatars is working now when it wasn't before :)

I see it..did you used to have a tag from the tag fairy? It looks līke code for changing font color

Yeah, I had a quote tagged from the Tag Fairy that doesn't show correctly. Sounds like it will get fixed eventually.

You should probably go ahead and edit your own user title to get rid of the partial HTML code.

Yeah, I had a quote tagged from the Tag Fairy that doesn't show correctly. Sounds like it will get fixed eventually.
According to WebmasterCorey, it can't get fixed due to the size of the field. They're working to come up with an alternative, but it won't be in the Custom User Title field. So as Kathy says, you may as well go ahead and clean it up yourself.

Sayhello

According to WebmasterCorey, it can't get fixed due to the size of the field. They're working to come up with an alternative, but it won't be in the Custom User Title field. So as Kathy says, you may as well go ahead and clean it up yourself.

Sayhello

How do I edit my user title to clean up the HTML code on my tag under my profile picture? I don't see an edit link when I go to my profile page.

EDT: I figured it out. Does this mean we lose our tags from the Tag Fairy? :confused:

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter