After you choose the image to upload as your avatar, there's another step you need to do to save it. There should be a button that says "change avatar" or "save", depending on where you do this from. Can you try again? Can you grab a screenshot if you still have trouble?

I don't have a "save" option, just a box to click to upload a photo. When I select a photo from my files, at first it reverts back to "No file chosen" and I have to go back into my photo folder and select the image again. From there, I'm able to click on "Okay" but nothing happens, and once I exit I'm able to see the avatar on my profile page but nowhere else.

Attachments

• avtrouble.png
    avtrouble.png
    378.7 KB · Views: 5
Click on your username above the search bar in the top right. A drop down menu will appear,click on preferences. The first drop down enu on that page is called "Styles" - that's what you change to change color scheme.

Though, apparently some forums have their own scheme. The scheme I chose was the DVC scheme. When I go to the Families board, my scheme choice is overridden for the Orlando Stroller Rentals scheme
Thanks for this - it worked for me.

I think the background needs to be a different color. The dark style really isn't much better
It's a slight improvement, but still kind of hard on the eyes. But better than the white.

Sayhello

I do not have the save option either. If you click on my member name in a post, then you can see my avatar popup. It does not show in the post in the forum.

After I upload the new avatar, this is what I see - I press the button that says "Okay" and nothing happens. Like the PP, I've tried checking the button to delete the old avatar as well, but it doesn't work.

To further complicate it :P. If you click on my avatar next to a post, it will show the new avatar, but the old avatar is still what's showing up next to the post in the thread.

Hmmm... I see exactly what you mean. I tried changing your avatar and had exactly the problems as you described. Pondering...

I do not have the save option either. If you click on my member name in a post, then you can see my avatar popup. It does not show in the post in the forum.
The "Save Changes" option is if you change your avatar from your "Personal Details" page... And that doesn't work either. Well, I mean, it saves other changes, but doesn't help with the Avatar issue.

Sayhello

I was uploading a JPG
Mine is doing the same as yours...I see my new Ray from Princess and the Frog avatar when I click on my profile, but my old Anna one on threads. I wouldn't bother changing it, but Anna is blurry now. Hoping this is just a new board glitch that goes away before long :)

I have uploaded a new avatar photo .jpeg format several times in 2 or 3 different screens under Profile & while it shows up there, it is not on the threads, this was a bit ago, I thought maybe it would take a bit to replicate back & be visible but it is not showing up yet.

Also why am I no longer getting email notifications?

I'm not sure which email notifications you used to receive, but have you checked the settings under Your Account for "Conversations" -- which used to be messages? That's the only place I see an option for email notices. "Alert" preferences is where you can set-up to receive an Alert when certain posts/comments/replies are made. Note that the new system seems to posts "messages" (like what I am posting now is a "message") and what used to be called messages in your Inbox are now "Conversations."

I'm not sure which email notifications you used to receive, but have you checked the settings under Your Account for "Conversations" -- which used to be messages? That's the only place I see an option for email notices. "Alert" preferences is where you can set-up to receive an Alert when certain posts/comments/replies are made. Note that the new system seems to posts "messages" (like what I am posting now is a "message") and what used to be called messages in your Inbox are now "Conversations."

I got an email notification every time someone would reply to a thread I made a post in. I am no longer getting them and yes I have it all checked to get email notification. I don't come onto the boards directly. I almost always come on via an email link. I don't want to come on here and view the alerts or the watched threads....I want an email.

I've tried uploading a few avatars as well, with no luck - it constantly comes up as a broken image link, similar to many others.

And I just figured it out...they are all going to my junk/spam folder now. UGH!!!!

But it just started. Earlier replies did not come through

So, on another thread, a bunch of people don't have an option to change their Custom Title under "Personal Details". They all were able to upload & see their Avatars. I was wondering if those here who can't upload their Avatars have that option? I do. It might be a coincidence, but the options are right next to each other.

Sayhello

Attachments

• title Capture.PNG
    title Capture.PNG
    42.4 KB · Views: 6

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter