Bad news

I'm sorry this happened to you! I hope you're able to laugh it off and make the best of the situation, and that Disney comes through and makes things a bit more magical for you.

I too would contact guest relations ASAP, while you’re still there and they can do something. They should at least throw in CL access. I find it hard to believe all those Poly bungalows are booked up. When we were there it looked like half of them were empty. Although that was in August.

I suppose it could be the hurricane but sounds strange that 16 days later..now there would be a mechanical issues. The hurricane was September 10th-11th. Having had been there during the hurricane I'm honestly not positive if I heard any issues with the actual rooms/property themselves. The vast vast majority was tree damage. I did see pics of a roof piece here and there from the Poly and I want to say siding damage from one of the resorts at the Boardwalk (trying to remember if am remembering that correctly); there may have been damage though to actual rooms that I didn't hear about. Obviously I've got no idea I'm just truthfully finding it odd that they are finding damage over 2 weeks later that puts the room out of commission. Could still very much be a mechanical issue for sure just musings out loud.

I was there during Irma and the Polynesian was the worst impacted resort. Lots of reports of issues with the bungalows.

Last edited:
AND the pixie dust just keeps on evaporating
SO, I have been back and fourth with MY IPO and set up something beautiful for Jason after dinner tonight (at citricos). Confirmed everything this am for Disney Floral to come after 7.
$407 and my excitement crushed.
Jason and I in room about to start getting ready and a knock on the door. Yup, you guessed it, sweet Joshua from floral and gifts setting up here at 515. I started crying. Poor Joshua I think was more upset then me.

Absolutely go find a living breathing person at guest services and discuss your whole trip with them. It's getting a bit ridiculous. At the very least you should be offered some sort of partial refund. Guest service folks at the parks have quite a bit of power to pull strings to make customers happy, so please go give them a try.

Absolutely go find a living breathing person at guest services and discuss your whole trip with them. It's getting a bit ridiculous. At the very least you should be offered some sort of partial refund. Guest service folks at the parks have quite a bit of power to pull strings to make customers happy, so please go give them a try.
Time to go live and tweet/facebook guest relations

We are now at the GF. Our room isn't ready.
Since we paid for club level, I think that is what we are getting.
We are having a blast together. One thing that sucks is this is a complete waste of time as far as packing and moving. We have spent the entire morning dealing with bell services, valet, front desk and phone calls.
We are together and that's what counts.
You want a laugh....they delivered a cake with BIRTHDAY balloons and cake to our room. Sent it back in case someone was missing their surprise.
Again, can't thank you all enough for your prayers, suggestions and guidance.

We are having a blast together. One thing that sucks is this is a complete waste of time as far as packing and moving. We have spent the entire morning dealing with bell services, valet, front desk and phone calls.
You want a laugh....they delivered a cake with BIRTHDAY balloons and cake to our room. Sent it back in case someone was missing their surprise.

I would hunt down Goofy in the parks and let him know what a bang up job he is doing on your vacation, just kidding.

Don't let it get you down and try and make the best of it. You are getting alone time, something very hard to get.

I'm glad to hear they are moving you to the GF, even though it sucks to take time to pack and move. I'm also glad to hear that you are enjoying your trip despite all the issues. And too funny that they sent birthday balloons to your room.

Glad you're enjoying your time together :) The birthday cake is funny and ironic. Very odd. Thanks to your experience, I know that Disney Floral is rather disorganized. I will stick with my third party vendor Disney delivery service, who is quite organized.

Hope you enjoy GF!

Well, don't take the time to post now, get on with your vacation. But when you're home, come back & give us all the details on how you got them to finally find a room at GF. I truly hope the rest of your trip is magical & all you hope for. I am so glad that you are able to see thru all the nonsense & still cherish the time with your DH. Hugs & good luck with the rest of your stay! :flower3:

Editing because I didn't read the whole thread first haha.

I think you definitely need to go to Guest Services and give some feedback! Especially on the dang flowers, for $400 they need to get that right.

Well......we checked out and on our way home.
We feel badly about not getting honeymoon suite. One Manager said we would get one night discounted, when I checked our receipt, we paid for all 4 nights.
Also, we feel like we were not told the truth when it came to the availability of nicer rooms.
We waited 6 hours to get to our room at the GF. Thinking the entire wait, they were going to go above and beyond. When we got to our room it was a king deluxe. We asked for a manger to come and talk with us, no one ever came. I do not want to sound spoiled or not appreciative of the time we spent together. Expectations were too high and I will remember this the next time we plan something special.

We feel badly about not getting honeymoon suite. One Manager said we would get one night discounted, when I checked our receipt, we paid for all 4 nights.
Also, we feel like we were not told the truth when it came to the availability of nicer rooms.
We waited 6 hours to get to our room at the GF. Thinking the entire wait, they were going to go above and beyond. When we got to our room it was a king deluxe. We asked for a manger to come and talk with us, no one ever came. I do not want to sound spoiled or not appreciative of the time we spent together. Expectations were too high and I will remember this the next time we plan something special.

WHen you get home, and when you have time to think about all of the evernt that transpired, send a detailed message to guest relations. Be objective in what occured, but personal in regards to how this affected you and your vacation. This was not acceptable.

:hug: I am so very sorry about all of the negatives that happened on this trip, but I am glad you still were able to enjoy time alone with each other.

Please contact guest relations when you have time. Asking to speak to a manager and not getting to and being told you'd get a night taken off your bill and not, plus everything else, is uncalled for. You are most definitely right to be upset and disappointed after all that. And if you don't speak up to guest relations, they won't know what transpired and what can be done to prevent it in the future. I'm glad you enjoyed your time with your husband, though.

I'm so sorry your trip was less than expected. What a let down.

I'm still a little confused though since we don't often stay at the deluxe resorts. Was the "honeymoon suite" an actual suite, with a bedroom and living area? Were you not moved to a similar sort of accommodation? I mean, if you were supposed to have a separate sleeping area and they downgraded you to a room without that, I would be really unhappy. I can't believe they haven't adjusted the difference in cost yet. I hope you get a reply.

I'm still a little confused though since we don't often stay at the deluxe resorts. Was the "honeymoon suite" an actual suite, with a bedroom and living are? Were you not upgraded to a similar sort of accommodation? I mean, if you were supposed to have a separate sleeping area and they downgraded you to a room without that, I would be really unhappy. I can't believe they haven't adjusted the difference in cost yet. I hope you get a reply.

I have to agree with this. If they at least gave you a comparable room at a different resort...but did they really put you in just a room with a king sized bed???

Insanity on Disney's part if that's true.

I'm still a little confused though since we don't often stay at the deluxe resorts. Was the "honeymoon suite" an actual suite, with a bedroom and living area? Were you not moved to a similar sort of accommodation? I mean, if you were supposed to have a separate sleeping area and they downgraded you to a room without that, I would be really unhappy. I can't believe they haven't adjusted the difference in cost yet. I hope you get a reply.

I found an article/review of the "Polynesian Honeymoon Suite":

https://www.google.com/amp/s/wdwfor...at-the-polynesian-village-tonga-building/amp/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter