Bean Counters and shortsightedness

It's hard to say post rona, people be peopling differently.
We've gone on what is a typically slow weekday and had a lot more crowd than we anticipated and walked onto rides on weekends we planned on only being able to hit a few.
The trend is holidays, weekends and festivals are probably going to be packed.

Just another data point - friend went to DS early, before opening yesterday and the lines for security were Christmas time insane. What is going on this week?

Just another data point - friend went to DS early, before opening yesterday and the lines for security were Christmas time insane. What is going on this week?
I'm thinking it's a lot of locals. Cause 192 hotels are going for like $40 a night.
The other thing I seen mentioned somewhere is some of the reason it feels busy is Disney cutting back on staffing.

I'm thinking it's a lot of locals. Cause 192 hotels are going for like $40 a night.
The other thing I seen mentioned somewhere is some of the reason it feels busy is Disney cutting back on staffing.
if anything Disney has been ramping up hiring based on the job postings for Orlando alone

isn't this the week that that ticket special ended? I thought it was through Sept. Perhaps the combo of room discounts, ticket specials and a school break

We in DLR/DCA this week. DLR was very busy Monday with RoR @ 1-2 hrs all day. Haunted Mansion 1 hr plus. Most everything 45 minutes. Yesterday not quite as busy.

OBB last night was crowded early , but thinned out after first parade. Many restaurants & attractions closed early. Dont know if they were trying to clear park, or they anticipated the thinning.

DCA today pretty busy, RsR 1 1/2 hrs, Inredicoaster 45 minutes, RoR tower 1 hr.

what gives this week? its weird. ive had a lot of people out of the office on vacation.
Where are they staying? Cause there is a lot of availability at Disney resorts, and as I posted earlier, hotels on 192 are offering rooms for $40 a night.

Agree. We saw so many ”earning my ears“ ribbons on name tags at the beginning of the month at WDW. We always felt like there were plenty of CM’s around.
yeah the parks are pretty much the only part of the company who is actively avoiding cuts, and adding more

Congratulations, this thread made Variety.

"On fan forum Disboards.com, the site’s almost 600,000-strong registered members spend hours discussing all matters Magic Kingdom, from the latest merch to the company’s stock price. And current CEO Bob Iger should take heed: while news of his return to the company was initially greeted on the site with euphoria, sentiment has noticeably cooled since then. In one recent thread titled “Bean counters and shortsightedness,” commenters have been discussing Iger’s future: “Iger can get fired, too,” wrote one poster, who noted that former CEO Michael Eisner “thought he was indispensable. Not so much.”

https://variety.com/2023/biz/global...eyland-world-merchandise-bob-iger-1235757415/

🤣

Congratulations, this thread made Variety.

"On fan forum Disboards.com, the site’s almost 600,000-strong registered members spend hours discussing all matters Magic Kingdom, from the latest merch to the company’s stock price. And current CEO Bob Iger should take heed: while news of his return to the company was initially greeted on the site with euphoria, sentiment has noticeably cooled since then. In one recent thread titled “Bean counters and shortsightedness,” commenters have been discussing Iger’s future: “Iger can get fired, too,” wrote one poster, who noted that former CEO Michael Eisner “thought he was indispensable. Not so much.”

https://variety.com/2023/biz/global...eyland-world-merchandise-bob-iger-1235757415/

🤣
How embarrassing.

According to the (last?) Tues live show - the numbers at WDW are looking bleaker than ever (relatively speaking) with sales (discounts) that are "unheard of" according to John Magi being offered, including steep ticket discounts. These discounts include the Christmas season, and are being offered though much of 2024 already. - Thoughts ?

Last edited:
According to the (last?) Tues live show - the numbers at WDW are looking bleaker than ever (relatively speaking) with sales that are "unheard of" according to John Magi being offered, including steep ticket discounts. These discounts include the Christmas season, and are being offered though much of 2024 already. - Thoughts ?
ADR's are wide open at this very moment. Take a look on the app.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter