Beer

Haven't seen anyone mention the new Irish Pub in DTD - anyone been there? What's their selection like?

grim pirate:

It's pretty good, at least by WDW standards. They have a # of drafts, and also sampler "flights" that you can get. The one I got had Stella, Boddingtons, Smithwicks, and Tucher heffeweizen.

And on the subject of belgians.. I just got a case of "The Best of Belgium"--which aside from Stella, had Leffe Blond and Hoegaarden. The latter tasting somewhat like Blue Moon.

You know, I started thinking... :eek:

Perhaps the reason the DVC stores don't carry the premium brews is that they only carry beer in cans.
Most premium beers are bottled, and I'm sure they don't want glass in the pool area and such.

Can anyone think of a beer that is sold in glass bottles at the resort stores?

Also, just what affect do those plastic bottles have on beer? I'm personally not a fan of beer in a can.

MG

Perhaps the reason the DVC stores don't carry the premium brews is that they only carry beer in cans.
Most premium beers are bottled, and I'm sure they don't want glass in the pool area and such.

Also, just what affect do those plastic bottles have on beer? I'm personally not a fan of beer in a can.

MG

Old Saratoga ale @ SSR. It came in a glass bottle last time I was there.

MG
Only place I've ever seen Beer in the plastic bottles is at a ball park. I was Hot and the beer was cold so I did not notice a difference. I agree about cans only get them if I have no choice.

And on the subject of belgians.. I just got a case of "The Best of Belgium"--which aside from Stella said:
May I ask where you found this? Would love to pick up such a collection!

I would like to throw a Belgium selection, Chimay Grand Reserve.

My personal favorite.

Boy, there would be some drunk a-- people stumbling around WDW if that was available. Good, but potent! Did a pub crawl in NYC years ago and hold those Belgian monks personally responsible for not being able to remember half the night, waking up in a hotel lobby, and not being able to move off the bathroom floor until 3pm the next day......

Boy, there would be some drunk a-- people stumbling around WDW if that was available. Good, but potent! Did a pub crawl in NYC years ago and hold those Belgian monks personally responsible for not being able to remember half the night, waking up in a hotel lobby, and not being able to move off the bathroom floor until 3pm the next day......

Not that there is anything wrong with that!

To answer an earlier question:

Better beer at DVC: Man(kind) law (gender equity in beer is a good thing).

A few other observations:
-when they named it Heiny, they weren't kidding. Who knew a name could be so literal.
-there is a good can beer -- Guiness. But that does require a glass.
-I think they should stock the king of all American beers:

Old Style

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

After reading this thread I had to have a beer, and I'm a wine drinker. So my DH and I went to our local Bennigans for dinner and he had Smithwicks and I had a Sam Adams Winter Lager. It was good :thumbsup2 . In disney my DH likes Boddingtons, Anchor Steam, Bass and some German beer I can't remember. We usually drive or rent a car and always buy beer offsite. It would be great if they offered better beer at DVC, would save a trip.
Uncleromulus, have you ever tried Red Brick Station at White Marsh? We like the Avenue Ale there.:) It is a bit of a hike for you from Glen Rock though.

Been there several times! M-in-law lives near Belair Rd. and the beltway, so we're in that area often. Can recall years back when I lived in Parkville and had some friends in what was once "old" Whitemarsh. Back then, the mall, the Avenue--NONE of it was there!! Just fields ,farms and even some marshland.

Also like DuClaw, off RT 24 near Belair. They haven't been open tho since the fire. They had a special heffeweizen there once--slightly flavored with bannana and clove. Outststanding!!!

That sounds interesting! We have been to DuClaw at Arundel Mills but not in Belair.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter