Beer

Staying at the boardwalk in May me and the nephews will fill that yard up a lot in England.

Staying at the boardwalk in May me and the nephews will fill that yard up a lot in England.
Problem is they are plastic 1/2 yards. I use to order the full yards (real glass) with dinner at Narcossees, but they no longer have the full yards. :sad2:

MG

With all this talk about Yuengling, I am surprised no one has mentioned their Porter. It's pretty good, but hard to find. Yuengling Lager is better than swill, but no Sam Smith's ya know. It's nice to get down there at WDW, because I no longer live in Philly and it is a taste of home when I go to Florida.

As for the beer selection, I ranted on this after my trip this past January. The selection in the gift shops is horrible. When I bought DVC in 2001, I would go and grab a Bass($3.00 I think) and sit next to the fireplace outcove on the 2nd floor in the WL. I loved doing that. Now, fugghetaboutit! And I want to rip up those little blue menus that are the same in every stinken restaurant and bar at WDW. Why should the drinks be the same at Tambu Lounge, Martha's Vineyard, Victoria Falls, Meizner's, Territory Lounge, AND ESPN? C'mon.

I say, "Better beer selection at WDW. Man Law?"

I personally would love to see some Blue Moon available. I am getting thirsty just thinking about this topic. It's time to slice some oranges.

I personally would love to see some Blue Moon available. I am getting thirsty just thinking about this topic. It's time to slice some oranges.

Blue Moon is a Coors product. Based upon the beers that are sold in WDW, my guess is that at least for the domestics, WDW's deal is with Anheuser Busch.

Now, here are the list of beers I wished I could buy at WDW:

* Stone Brewing Arrogant *******
* Bell's Hop Slam
* Great Lakes Brewing Nosferatu
* Alaskan Brewing Smoked Porter (it is a wish list, right?)
* Green Flash IPA

Just a start.....

Brown Derby still has La Fin du Monde along with Trois Pistoles - these two along with Maudite (only at Cellier) can't be beat.

We usually stop at the ABC's on 535 right from the Airport and stock up. It's weird drinking some belgian triple/quad or a hefewiezen out of a big red plastic cup by the pool instead of the proper glassware but it works I guess...and some of the belgians at ABC are cheaper than any place I've found in NY/CT.

Someone mentioned Safari Amber - it's actually Michelob Amber Bock renamed.

Blue Moon is a Coors product. Based upon the beers that are sold in WDW, my guess is that at least for the domestics, WDW's deal is with Anheuser Busch.

I would like to see more actual belgians.

They had blue moon at wolfgang puck's fwiw.

What about those grocery delivery services? Will they deliver beer? I'm thinking they can't, but if they can do they have a better selection?

MG

What about those grocery delivery services? Will they deliver beer? I'm thinking they can't, but if they can do they have a better selection?

MG

They shop at the local supermarkets. The last time I was in a supermarket near WDW (it was a Publix), I took a look at what beers they had and I ended up buying nothing, since the choices were so lousy.

Now, here are the list of beers I wished I could buy at WDW:

* Stone Brewing Arrogant *******
* Bell's Hop Slam
* Great Lakes Brewing Nosferatu
* Alaskan Brewing Smoked Porter (it is a wish list, right?)
* Green Flash IPA

Just a start.....

Now you're talking!! :thumbsup2

I'd have to add a few locals (Victory and Dogfish Head) to the list. :)

MG

Gardengrocer brought us some Yeungling Black and Tan when I wrote them a request in the notes at the end of the ordering process. We can't get Yuengling in Minnesota, so I was really glad that they were able to pick that up for us. I didn't know until we got there whether it would be in the order or not, though.

They shop at the local supermarkets. The last time I was in a supermarket near WDW (it was a Publix), I took a look at what beers they had and I ended up buying nothing, since the choices were so lousy.

In Dec we went to Goodings and they had a pretty big selection of beers. Not a ton of foriegn ones though. As long as I was able to get Yuengling I was happy.

Man, if I wasn't consumed with and blinded by the SSR threads, I would have been all over this thread! Not to mention, if someone had pointed out SSR served a quality brew, that would have been a hugely compelling argument for me!!!

I always want my Guinness! I would also love to see Smithwicks, I fell in love with that brew when we visited Ireland a few ago before it was being imported! I was psyched the first time I saw it here. I am also partial to Long Trail, Anchor Steam, and Magic Hat #9 and Blind Faith.

Of course, I still prefer my own brews, and have shipped them down ahead of me on a few occasions!

Unfortunately, the evil empire which is Budweiser I'm sure has too strong a contract with WDW for us to see any substantial variety of beer, other than the occasional brew that compliments a theme.

I would like to throw a Belgium selection, Chimay Grand Reserve.

My personal favorite.

Great, now I have the beer song stuck in my head!!!!:rotfl:

:scratchin Budwiser in the Resort stores, huh? Isn't that actually supporting the competition? :p (Bush Gardens/Seaworld)

I would like to throw a Belgium selection, Chimay Grand Reserve.

My personal favorite.

I can't even begin to imagine what they would charge for that. They already knock your socks off for everything else.

OK, my favorite American brews are almost always from New England, which replicates the British style the most authetically. Here's the best if you haven't had them before....

Old Thumper (From Shipyard)
Sea Dog's India Pale Ale
Geary's Summer Ale (not sweet like most Summer brews can be)
Fisherman's Brew (small, tough to find, but just awesome!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter