• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Being a Disney Fan and Single...not easy!

I wish I had something profound to add but I don't all I can do is join the you are not alone chorus, because you are not. There are members of my family who don't get the "disney thing" and it isn't even remotely my whole life.

I find joy and wonder in the magic and that is where I am at with it, I don't need anyone else to. Also I joined this board so I now have other people to talk to who will happily carry on a conversation for 20 minutes on queuing technology and not look at me like I have grown 3 heads

I would be interested in hearing more from a single females perspective on this too.

I wish I had something profound to add but I don't all I can do is join the you are not alone chorus, because you are not. There are members of my family who don't get the "disney thing" and it isn't even remotely my whole life.

I find joy and wonder in the magic and that is where I am at with it, I don't need anyone else to. Also I joined this board so I now have other people to talk to who will happily carry on a conversation for 20 minutes on queuing technology and not look at me like I have grown 3 heads
The big question is do you listen to Disney theme park music at home? I know I do and it brings me back to the magic! Yes a little to much but hey it's what makes me happy.

The big question is do you listen to Disney theme park music at home? I know I do and it brings me back to the magic! Yes a little to much but hey it's what makes me happy.
Ha it is funny you ask this because I just got alexa and asked her to play disney park music and she tried to play justin beiber instead and I have not used the thing since. I do listen to park music at home though because like you said it does brings back the magic and put me in a disney mood I am also an over planner so there is always that to keep me busy.

Ha it is funny you ask this because I just got alexa and asked her to play disney park music and she tried to play justin beiber instead and I have not used the thing since. I do listen to park music at home though because like you said it does brings back the magic and put me in a disney mood I am also an over planner so there is always that to keep me busy.
That's great. I have google and asked her to play theme park music and got denied, haha. Even technology can't understand the magic. Maybe we should create something that does just that. I bet it would be a big seller. Are you in? haha

I would be interested in hearing more from a single females perspective on this too.
I am assuming that me being a female is already noticed but if not I would just like to add I think the female disney fan (at least this female disney fan) feels like we have a more uphill battle than guys. Most of my female friends have great memories of disney or disney related things and would be more game on the subject, whereas most of my guy friends it is a blink blink stare and then move on, they may mention loving the lion king or hercules or something but that is pretty much it.

That's great. I have google and asked her to play theme park music and got denied, haha. Even technology can't understand the magic. Maybe we should create something that does just that. I bet it would be a big seller. Are you in? haha

The Disney MagicMic?

of course, however I feel like we would be hunted down by the disney lawyers before we could even secure a domain name LOL

I am assuming that me being a female is already noticed but if not I would just like to add I think the female disney fan (at least this female disney fan) feels like we have a more uphill battle than guys. Most of my female friends have great memories of disney or disney related things and would be more game on the subject, whereas most of my guy friends it is a blink blink stare and then move on, they may mention loving the lion king or hercules or something but that is pretty much it.

True.....I am a princess guy, but I grew up with sisters too. I still want an Aladdin and Jasmine character meal added, but at least I get one with Ariel and Eric. Hercules was probably the worst film of that era(up until Frozen anyway). I think it is because Disney focuses quite a bit on Princesses and Fairies. I never had any memories of Disney, so I am making them as an adult.

In Virginia, headed to Disney at the end of next month for MNSSHP and Epcot Food & Wine(which that girl would have probably enjoyed, though she seems a tad snobbish to me).
I'm in NY...glad to know I'm not the only east coaster writing threads at 1am, haha. Agreed, food&wine would be ideal to bring someone too, but they have to be opened to it.

True.....I am a princess guy, but I grew up with sisters too. I still want an Aladdin and Jasmine character meal added, but at least I get one with Ariel and Eric. Hercules was probably the worst film of that era(up until Frozen anyway). I think it is because Disney focuses quite a bit on Princesses and Fairies. I never had any memories of Disney, so I am making them as an adult.
Same here Brad. I don't have Disney memories as a child. My Disney side began when I turned 30 and now I'm 40.

Same here Brad. I don't have Disney memories as a child. My Disney side began when I turned 30 and now I'm 40.

Yeah, as of 1 hour and 22 minutes ago, I am 37, and my first trip to Disney was in May....impromptu trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter