Being a Disney Fan and Single...not easy!

Tusker House IS great for breakfast we went last year and we are planning to go again this year

I am kinda shooting blind, only having done Blizzard Beach so far, but I know the popularity of these restaurants mean I won't be eating alone even if my friend can't come. The Tusker House includes the Rivers of Light reserved seating, so I got lucky(although I will be alone that day).

I'm going December 15-18th at CSR. Then in February 19-22...got plane tickets but no resort reservation yet. You're going to be there for my birthday...Feb. 11.
and you are going to be there for mine Feb 21 :rotfl2:

Are you going down for the race?

I am kinda shooting blind, only having done Blizzard Beach so far, but I know the popularity of these restaurants mean I won't be eating alone even if my friend can't come. The Tusker House includes the Rivers of Light reserved seating, so I got lucky(although I will be alone that day).
No worries about being alone in Disney...embrace and enjoy the surroundings. The best part about Disney is that no one cares or looks at you if you are alone.

No worries about being alone in Disney...embrace and enjoy the surroundings. The best part about Disney is that no one cares or looks at you if you are alone.
very true they are far more interested in looking at the 3 year old in the tigger costume having a full blown meltdown in the middle of the walkway

and you are going to be there for mine Feb 21 :rotfl2:

Are you going down for the race?
OMG that is funny!!!

No I am not but it seems as thought I am always down there for the princess marathon. Although I am a runner but have not yet run a Disney half. Are you a runner?

I'm not. But meeting up with other solos for a meal wouldn't be a bad thing either.

very true they are far more interested in looking at the 3 year old in the tigger costume having a full blown meltdown in the middle of the walkway

Lol. Might give me nightmares. Was the one Pooh character I could actually stand as a child. I also hated Thumper, from Bambi, with a passion. Too cheerful. Now, my favorite Disney characters are from the second golden age: Belle, Beast, Aladdin, Jasmine, and Ariel

OMG that is funny!!!

No I am not but it seems as thought I am always down there for the princess marathon. Although I am a runner but have not yet run a Disney half. Are you a runner?

The first time I went as an adult was for the Princess Half which taught me 2 things 1. As much as I try I am not a distance runner I am more of 5k distance runner 2. If I ever try to do a half again it will be at disney besides the insane number of people you couldn't ask for a better race experience.

Lol. Might give me nightmares. Was the one Pooh character I could actually stand as a child. I also hated Thumper, from Bambi, with a passion. Too cheerful. Now, my favorite Disney characters are from the second golden age: Belle, Beast, Aladdin, Jasmine, and Ariel
My favorite characters are one of humor...Goofy, Olaf, Mushu, Jack Sparrow.

The first time I went as an adult was for the Princess Half which taught me 2 things 1. As much as I try I am not a distance runner I am more of 5k distance runner 2. If I ever try to do a half again it will be at disney besides the insane number of people you couldn't ask for a better race experience.
Same here. I mostly run 5k's with some 4 mile, 5 mile, and 10k races. I did one half marathon and swore I wouldn't do it again. But if I do, it's going to be a Disney one. Maybe if we stay in touch we could do one together for fun.

I found Frozen to be short of Disney's normal standards....closer to a Disney Channel movie than a theatrical release. I keep forgetting the two Jacks(Sparrow and Skellington) are Disney characters.

I feel like my favorites shift far too often... Mulan is usually up there as is Belle, but the rest shift

I feel like my favorites shift far too often... Mulan is usually up there as is Belle, but the rest shift

While I know that is based on a Chinese legend(Hua Mulan), I do wonder who the real Mulan was.....who the character was based off of. Mulan II wasn't as good as the first, but was decent enough. I know Beauty and the Beast is based off a real, and tragic, story. I think everyone has a handful of favorite Disney characters though.

Same here. I mostly run 5k's with some 4 mile, 5 mile, and 10k races. I did one half marathon and swore I wouldn't do it again. But if I do, it's going to be a Disney one. Maybe if we stay in touch we could do one together for fun.
even if you don't do a disney half you should consider doing the 5k especially if you are already down there, the one for the Princess weekend you run through the WS of epcot and then up towards future world, the best part though was that they had cast members in all the countries out cheering it was such a fun time. Then when you got towards future world by the fountains they had a stage with (well the year I did it Anna and Kristoff) but I am guessing it depends on which princess they are featuring.

even if you don't do a disney half you should consider doing the 5k especially if you are already down there, the one for the Princess weekend you run through the WS of epcot and then up towards future world, the best part though was that they had cast members in all the countries out cheering it was such a fun time. Then when you got towards future world by the fountains they had a stage with (well the year I did it Anna and Kristoff) but I am guessing it depends on which princess they are featuring.
Wow...that sounds really fun.

Special shout out to Brad and vallygirl for some late night Disney talk. It's helped me get my mind off of things. Thanks so much!

Hopefully we will keep up the discussion soon.

Special shout out to Brad and vallygirl for some late night Disney talk. It's helped me get my mind off of things. Thanks so much!

Hopefully we will keep up the discussion soon.

Feel free to inbox me.

I would be interested in hearing more from a single females perspective on this too.
There seem to be a lot more females than males on these boards, so for any guys looking to meet Ms. Right, the odds are in your favor just based on the ratio. Sorry to hear that things didn't work out with the person you dated most recently. Maybe lack of interest in Disney is a dealbreaker for you, and that's fine, but I think when a relationship doesn't work out, there is usually more than one factor in play, and it's probably not entirely just because she's not a Disney fan. Some of my married Disney-fan friends have a spouse who is not into Disney but they still have a happy marriage because they share other things. The Disney fan might do solo trips or meet up with friends on the Disney trips.

There seem to be a lot more females than males on these boards, so for any guys looking to meet Ms. Right, the odds are in your favor just based on the ratio. Sorry to hear that things didn't work out with the person you dated most recently. Maybe lack of interest in Disney is a dealbreaker for you, and that's fine, but I think when a relationship doesn't work out, there is usually more than one factor in play, and it's probably not entirely just because she's not a Disney fan. Some of my married Disney-fan friends have a spouse who is not into Disney but they still have a happy marriage because they share other things. The Disney fan might do solo trips or meet up with friends on the Disney trips.

I was about to suggest the solo thing earlier. You are right that the guys seem to have a glut for choice, but the trick is finding the single ones, and that takes a little time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter