Being a Disney Fan and Single...not easy!

I am one of those single guys that has a passion about Disney and going to Disneyworld as often as I can. I mean I even did three Disney College Programs working at Diseyworld. Anyways finding a girl that is into Disney would be a plus for me, but it isn't a deal breaker if she is not into Disney as long we have other things in common. I am a couple of years from being 30 and I haven't found a girl that isn't into Disney as I am. I (or anyone else for that matter) will not give up hope.
You will, it sounds like the odds are in your favor.

Same here. I've gone solo to Disney for the past three years in a row and I always end up in line behind one of those PDA type of couples. Annoying! lol
Right?! ah well. I still wish I could experience sharing a trip with someone. I feel like such an oddball because I've never had that opportunity. I think some people don't realize how lucky they are and take it for granted. It's ok though, I'm lucky I get to go to Disney as much as I have. You can't have it all.

Gosh I am about to turn 30 and I'm not anywhere close to finding the right guy. 30 is still young...right? :-/ I'm the perpetually single girl in my friend group and dating in DC is pretty awful. There doesn't seem to be any gentlemen left, just selfish jerks (I could use a different term but I'll keep it Disney, ha). The last guy I went on a few dates with completely belittled my love of going to Disney World. I think its fine if someone isn't super passionate about Disney, but I'd like them to be cool to go with me since I go every year. I'm always envious of couples I see at Disney, someday I hope I get to take a trip to Disney World with a significant other. I've never had that experience and want it so bad. Ah well...just gotta keep swiping and hope maybe someday I'll be able to get out of the trenches and find a good guy.

Gosh I hope it is still young as I am turning 34 myself in November! And I've been single for 4 years solidly this coming Christmas, I can't even seem to get beyond 4 dates with someone whether it's me or them losing interest. Having said that though I barely find anyone I like to date. I really understand you, and I too am consistently the single one, I don't have any single friends at all! I'm sorry to hear that guy belittled your love for Disney World, I think he did you a favour as if he was small minded about something like that then who knows what else he could be so judgemental about. I'm sure not all guys I like that though! And if it's any consolation I went to Disney 3 times with my ex and actually have had MUCH better times since without him! I think the heat and wanting to do different things often caused rows.. and also he wasn't that fussed about the place. Having said that though I have had the chance to meet and hang out with guys a couple of times there and the place did make for some lovely dates! Maybe try and find a Boyf there? ;) I've also found the guys who are in Disney/Universal much more outgoing and will come and say hello.. as opposed to the weirdo English guys here who hide behind their phones! I can't stand online dating or tinder.. give me someone capable of real interaction any day :)

Gosh I am about to turn 30 and I'm not anywhere close to finding the right guy. 30 is still young...right? :-/ I'm the perpetually single girl in my friend group and dating in DC is pretty awful.
Dating in DC is the worst - guys and girls. I lived there for over 10 years and can't say I miss it (other than the restaurants - the restaurants are pretty good). Lots of people to date there, but few that connect. Keep looking though - the good ones do exist.

And, yes, 30 is still young. No worries.

Gosh I hope it is still young as I am turning 34 myself in November! And I've been single for 4 years solidly this coming Christmas, I can't even seem to get beyond 4 dates with someone whether it's me or them losing interest. Having said that though I barely find anyone I like to date. I really understand you, and I too am consistently the single one, I don't have any single friends at all! I'm sorry to hear that guy belittled your love for Disney World, I think he did you a favour as if he was small minded about something like that then who knows what else he could be so judgemental about. I'm sure not all guys I like that though! And if it's any consolation I went to Disney 3 times with my ex and actually have had MUCH better times since without him! I think the heat and wanting to do different things often caused rows.. and also he wasn't that fussed about the place. Having said that though I have had the chance to meet and hang out with guys a couple of times there and the place did make for some lovely dates! Maybe try and find a Boyf there? ;) I've also found the guys who are in Disney/Universal much more outgoing and will come and say hello.. as opposed to the weirdo English guys here who hide behind their phones! I can't stand online dating or tinder.. give me someone capable of real interaction any day :)
Haha he probably did do me a favor by ghosting. I agree though, real interaction is the best. It's exciting if/when it happens. Dates in Disney though eh? I've never thought to look down there, haha!

Dating in DC is the worst - guys and girls. I lived there for over 10 years and can't say I miss it (other than the restaurants - the restaurants are pretty good). Lots of people to date there, but few that connect. Keep looking though - the good ones do exist.

And, yes, 30 is still young. No worries.
Haha, ok so it's not just me then, lol! The restaurants are good and I love some of the old neighborhoods. Old town Alexandria is probably my favorite. There is always so much to do!

Right?! ah well. I still wish I could experience sharing a trip with someone. I feel like such an oddball because I've never had that opportunity. I think some people don't realize how lucky they are and take it for granted. It's ok though, I'm lucky I get to go to Disney as much as I have. You can't have it all.
True! But I hope you and I will have the chance to annoy some folks by being affectionate with our significant others at Disney someday! :)

Haha he probably did do me a favor by ghosting. I agree though, real interaction is the best. It's exciting if/when it happens. Dates in Disney though eh? I've never thought to look down there, haha!

Yeah by the sounds of it he did! (Plus this whole ghosting thing is quite immature too, I would have so much more respect for a guy if he could man up enough to just say he wasn't feeling it!) Yeah you should definitely try it lol! I wasn't looking myself but I think being solo makes me more approachable and friendly so just end up meeting people around! Obviously I appreciate nothing will happen with me living in England but it's a nice change! :)

Yeah by the sounds of it he did! (Plus this whole ghosting thing is quite immature too, I would have so much more respect for a guy if he could man up enough to just say he wasn't feeling it!) Yeah you should definitely try it lol! I wasn't looking myself but I think being solo makes me more approachable and friendly so just end up meeting people around! Obviously I appreciate nothing will happen with me living in England but it's a nice change! :)
I agree! If I'm not interested I try to let a guy know politely so that he's not left wondering. Most guys ghost though and it leaves you wondering. Who knows maybe your future guy is from Orlando! ;-)

I agree! If I'm not interested I try to let a guy know politely so that he's not left wondering. Most guys ghost though and it leaves you wondering. Who knows maybe your future guy is from Orlando! ;-)

Yes exactly, it's a horrible thing to do to leave someone wondering what they did wrong to warrant such an act, but then it's more a reflection on the guy than us :) Gosh I hope not lol, that would be difficult to fall in love with a guy so far from me! Especially seeing how hard it is for us English to come to America and probably vice versa! But then that would be typical of Sod's law for me haha! It is interesting to hear how others struggle, I always blame it on living in a town at the very bottom of England.. small minded people and not many single! But now having heard you struggle in DC, and also my very good looking actor friend in London can't find a girlf.. it really seems to be a case of sheer luck wherever we are!

Haha, ok so it's not just me then, lol! The restaurants are good and I love some of the old neighborhoods. Old town Alexandria is probably my favorite. There is always so much to do!
Definitely not just you. My own experience and many of the people I know there have the same complaints. Old Town was my favorite as well (didn't hurt that I lived nearby) - dinner at Il Porto and a walk down to the Potomac by the Torpedo Factory is a great night.

Ghosting is inexcusable - a little courtesy and honesty costs nothing and is greatly appreciated. When it happens though, it means you're better off not bothering with that person. Back to the OP's point - why be down about it not working with someone who's dismissive of your interests? No reason to be sad you lost someone you liked but who didn't like your passions - be happy you get to go find someone that you like better (and just maybe is into your interests or, at least, appreciates that you have them).

Gosh I am about to turn 30 and I'm not anywhere close to finding the right guy. 30 is still young...right? :-/ I'm the perpetually single girl in my friend group and dating in DC is pretty awful. There doesn't seem to be any gentlemen left, just selfish jerks (I could use a different term but I'll keep it Disney, ha). The last guy I went on a few dates with completely belittled my love of going to Disney World. I think its fine if someone isn't super passionate about Disney, but I'd like them to be cool to go with me since I go every year. I'm always envious of couples I see at Disney, someday I hope I get to take a trip to Disney World with a significant other. I've never had that experience and want it so bad. Ah well...just gotta keep swiping and hope maybe someday I'll be able to get out of the trenches and find a good guy.

Well, I can assure you that there are some gentlemen out there. It's just hard to find a good guy/girl these days. I am 37 and still looking.

Reflecting on what some have mentioned about not telling a girl on the first few dates about my love for Disney. WDW doesn't consume my life but is part of it. I truly do not see anything wrong with telling a girl/lady that I enjoy going to Disney. I shouldn't have to hide my passions to someone for the sake of them liking me. I think that is more pathetic and not telling of the other person. We should all realize as adults that we are individuals and have different personalities and qualities that define who we are. What truly should be important is the character of the person. I have come so far in my life by working hard, as do we all, and I treat a girl with the up most respect. Unfortunately we live in a judgemental world for the most part in my opinion. I am not saying everyone is judgemental because I have dated some awesome girls throughout my adult life. But I am finding it more difficult as I get older and with the girls within my dating range to be more open minded. It's true we all get set in our ways as we get older, but being understanding and accepting of ones enjoyments in life plays a big role of developing a relationship.

Personally, where I am from a lot of people think of Disney as childish. It's usually a small minded thing where they haven't experienced the Parks, or maybe they are just at a stage in their life where they prefer drinking and clubbing. Each to their own really, but I have to admit I do go through days when I think I need to hide most of my interests if I ever want to get a date lol! I am also into video games, films and collecting hot toys. I have had guys asking me out, to then be put off by the fact I love Batman (they saw on Facebook), for example. The thing is, I'm not actually into guys that are into a lot of the same things as me. I have dated people with similar interests and it was boring. I think it all depends on what you are looking for really, there must be more Disney loving girls out there than guys I would imagine! However a lot of people can define you early on in the dating game if you reveal too much about yourself too soon. If it wasn't for the fact I'm on Instagram and constantly sharing pics of Disney and hot toys, I wouldn't tell any potential dates about these interests until we were well beyond the superficial first dates stage. They don't need to share my interests after all, they just need to understand I'll be in Florida with or without them once or twice a year :) Also, dating is harder than ever what with tinder and the lack of human interaction these days. Don't get disheartened! I have a friend who has been single for years, and was quite disappointed about it for the most part. Now recently he has met an amazing girl and couldn't be happier! He didn't expect it at all after all this time (he is 30) It will happen, don't worry :)
Thanks for your input. I do not think you need to or should have to hide your interests prior to the first few dates. Anyone that is an understanding person and is interested in who you really are, and I mean in every way, should be accepting. But I do agree that dating is difficult with these online dating sites. I prefer just to go up to a girl in the supermarket, for example, and strike up a conversation and see where it goes.

I understand your frustration, I spent 13k for 2 weeks in Fort Wilderness in a Cabin for my family of 5 and 3 days at Universal at Lowes Royal Pacific Resort. We have been married for 2 years and this was my first trip with her and my 2 step children. It was pure hell, to say the least. She complained about everything from the heat to walking to the time we waited for buses. All she wanted to do was drink wine, complain and ruin our trip. I and my son have been going on Disney trips together for 15 years together and this year he won't be returning with me due to her making Disney not about the magic anymore. We are in the process of divorce and hopefully, I can get the magic back for my son. My passion and love for Disney is who I am, never let anyone change you or define you! Trust me sometimes it's better to go alone than with negativity.
Sorry to hear about your trip being a let down at that particular time. I am sure you are going through a difficult time but it is for the best. There is no reason why anyone should make an experience miserable, especially if they truly love you. As you stated, my solo trips have been awesome and I do not care if a girl thinks it is crazy or strange. They could go find someone else and they missed a great opportunity with me. I am a good man that is confident with who I am. Best of luck to you and I know everything will work out for you! Have a great time on your next Disney vacation and do something different there whether it's trying a new restaurant or the wine around the world (which I want to try!).

Cindy...I consider myself a gentleman but it's difficult to find the one for you. I actually feel the same way about women. There are hardly any women that are single with honesty and truthfulness. I've been doing the online dating thing and they write one thing, say the same thing on the phone and then bam something happens after the 1st, 2nd, or 3rd date. It's like they just want a free night out. I always pay, but lately the women I go on dates with don't even offer. For me that is telling.

I just recently learned about the term ghosting. That whole idea is so immature and I get women doing that to me. So it does work both ways.

I just recently learned about the term ghosting. That whole idea is so immature and I get women doing that to me. So it does work both ways.

Not a new concept. Has happened to me quite a bit. Basically its just the old stand up and disappear routine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter