Best autograph ideas???

Melanie771

Earning My Ears
We'll be in WDW in April and wanted to know some of the best autograph ideas you've used or seen. We used an autograph book on our last trip, and while this was fun, we haven't looked at it once since. Any ideas on a creative autograph idea?? My DD (6yo) can't wait to see the princesses and LOVES to see their signatures!! I'm trying to think of something she (we) would use even after the trip!

Thanks!
Melanie :teacher: (Love these little icons!)

I have bought a castle mat board while at WDW & had Mickey sign it [at one of the character meals]. Then I took a photo of Mickey & it's hanging on our wall. It's a 5x7 mat.

You could have all of the princesses sign one - just remember that if you're carrying it around, you don't want it too big.

I have not done this myself but how about a pillowcase. You can purchase markers for fabric at any craft store and an empty pillowcase is easy to tote around the parks.

This is what we did. We got someone on the creative section of these boards to do our 2 daughters names up and ironed on there names on plain white t shirts. Then we got all the characters to sign it in sharpie (front side only) and then we framed them and they are over their beds. They love them and it is something they see every day in their rooms. I dont have a pic of the shirts after they were signed but this is what they looked like before.

P9010007.jpg

Hi, patman 2011!

Those shirts are beautiful! Do you get them made on iron-on transfers?? Can you tell me where you got the names done or is something I would not be able to buy?? Could you PM me with the information? I LOVE this idea!!! :flower3:

Thanks!
Melanie

Not overly creative, but my neice and nephew are 3 and 2. Since they cannot read, we will be sitting down after their vacation and going through their autograph books. I'll tell them who signed each page and then they will find a sticker of that character to put in the corner of that page. That way, they will know whose autograph it is by the sticker!

my brother wore a mickey cap at disney and had the characters sign it. They would get so excited when they saw him in the park with it on. very cute

This is what we did. We got someone on the creative section of these boards to do our 2 daughters names up and ironed on there names on plain white t shirts. Then we got all the characters to sign it in sharpie (front side only) and then we framed them and they are over their beds. They love them and it is something they see every day in their rooms. I dont have a pic of the shirts after they were signed but this is what they looked like before.

P9010007.jpg

Patman2011 - I would love to do this for my DD for our trip in Sept. Can you send me the details too? I have no idea how to even do an iron transfer. Thank you very much!

For our first trip, I got a small scrapbook with a foam cover for each of my kids. I found them in the kids craft section at Wal Mart. Then I made a cover for each one and covered it with clear contact paper. When they had a character sign, they made sure the opposite page was left blank. Now that we are on spring break, they are each going to choose one picture of them with that character and put it opposite the signature. Then they can fill in the unused pages with pictures they choose. This way they have a memory book of the trip!

My 3 youngest kids each wore white hats and I had a variety of fat, colourful, permanent markers in my bag. All of the characters, except Mr. and Mrs. Incredible, signed the hats (Mrs. Incredible used a big stamp for their "signatures"). The kids got to keep the strong July sun off their heads while displaying their autograph hats!

When we returned home, we displayed their hats on their bedroom shelves. One of my dds wore her hat to school on "hat day" and it was a real hit! The hats ended up being a colourful and practical reminder of their wonderful time at the world!:goodvibes

We just bought the plain 'ol photo/autograph books at the parks. I know this isn't the most creative idea BUT, my daughter got her photo taken w/each character when they signed her book. Later we put the photos in the book w/the signatures (sometimes the photos were actually OF the characters signing the book). My daughter (and I!) look at it all the time. It made great, lasting memories.

I did the same thing as MickeyReeds except I decorated the outside of the album with ribbon and brads that spelled my sons name,year and the word autographs. It was a hit with charachters and CMs. Now I have to finish putting the extra photos in it.We are ready to go again. Too bad we can't.

We bought a spiral bound pack of notecards. They were perforated. The characters signed the cards and now I am adding them to our scrapbook pages.

We used a pillowcase. It made a great souvenir that my kids still love to use.:goodvibes

I got bright yellow pillow cases today! Yippee!
Now I just have to figure out how I should decorate them.

Hello, I bought one of the hardback disney compilation story books and had each of the characters sign by a picture of themselves in there respective story. It will be great for my future children! :)

I'm not patman ;) but here's what you all are looking for:
http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=105

Besides the iron-ons, there is a Disney font that you can download that you can use for projects. And in Creative Community there are other t-shirt ideas, swirled Mickey heads, tie-dye... They're all fairly beginner-friendly.

Wow, so many great ideas. Need to ask dd what she thinks she wants!

Love the hat idea, elementary still has "hat" days and that would fun to wear!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter