Best autograph ideas???

I make up books with pictures of my daughter and the characters. Last trip it was a kit by Epson called "storyteller" it came with 20 sheets of printer pages and a binder with edges with tape that would allow you to put the pages in after printing. It had proper pages inside that you could tear away, but I left them in to serve as the autograph area.

It went over pretty well with the characters, their handlers ( who often ended up looking through the book while we were on line, and on one occasion got us a signature from Woody after he had already went into the back to complete the book ) and many other guests on line.

I found that the characters had an easier time holding the book than smaller items when signing.

albu

FLA_6298.jpg

And as it was my daughters birthday, she found it fun to go to each of the countries and have someone wish her a happy birthday in their own language. We found that they were very happy to do so at every land.

FLA_6336.jpg

I just ordered one for this trip from Snapfish and am having it sent directly to the resort so it will be a surprise when we arrive. It can get quite expensive doing these, but as some have pointed out... autograph books tend to get ignored over time.

I am kicking myself for not adding extra pages for generic autographs of characters we didn't have picture of with my daughter. Something to think about next time ( and something for any of you thinking about it this time. )

We'll be in WDW in April and wanted to know some of the best autograph ideas you've used or seen. We used an autograph book on our last trip, and while this was fun, we haven't looked at it once since. Any ideas on a creative autograph idea?? My DD (6yo) can't wait to see the princesses and LOVES to see their signatures!! I'm trying to think of something she (we) would use even after the trip!

Thanks!
Melanie :teacher: (Love these little icons!)

Being a bit of a techie type this is what we did on our last trip:

DW and DD queued to have their photograph taken with each character and I took their photo. I had with me in my camera bag my Polaroid PoGo. So I immediately printed the photo out, then we stuck it in a small autograph book and got the character to sign in the book and across the photo with a marker pen. None of the character shapperones had seen this done before and the autograph book looks really cool.

You cant really do this if it's busy and there is a big line of people waiting to see the character but it works ok at character dining locations and some of the quieter character greeting places like by Buzz Lightyear in Tomorrowland.

Matt

I make up books with pictures of my daughter and the characters. Last trip it was a kit by Epson called "storyteller" it came with 20 sheets of printer pages and a binder with edges with tape that would allow you to put the pages in after printing. It had proper pages inside that you could tear away, but I left them in to serve as the autograph area.

It went over pretty well with the characters, their handlers ( who often ended up looking through the book while we were on line, and on one occasion got us a signature from Woody after he had already went into the back to complete the book ) and many other guests on line.

I found that the characters had an easier time holding the book than smaller items when signing.

albu

FLA_6298.jpg

And as it was my daughters birthday, she found it fun to go to each of the countries and have someone wish her a happy birthday in their own language. We found that they were very happy to do so at every land.

FLA_6336.jpg

I just ordered one for this trip from Snapfish and am having it sent directly to the resort so it will be a surprise when we arrive. It can get quite expensive doing these, but as some have pointed out... autograph books tend to get ignored over time.

I am kicking myself for not adding extra pages for generic autographs of characters we didn't have picture of with my daughter. Something to think about next time ( and something for any of you thinking about it this time. )

For our generic pages, I just used a picture from the park (aka Everest for characters we didn't have pictures of from AK, Cinderella Castle for characters we didn't have picture of from MK, etc., etc.).

Being a bit of a techie type this is what we did on our last trip:

DW and DD queued to have their photograph taken with each character and I took their photo. I had with me in my camera bag my Polaroid PoGo. So I immediately printed the photo out, then we stuck it in a small autograph book and got the character to sign in the book and across the photo with a marker pen. None of the character shapperones had seen this done before and the autograph book looks really cool.

You cant really do this if it's busy and there is a big line of people waiting to see the character but it works ok at character dining locations and some of the quieter character greeting places like by Buzz Lightyear in Tomorrowland.

Matt

Yeah, I'd be worried about holding up the line or throwing off the flow of the "rounds" at the restaurant.

The characters love signing their pictures, though!! The kids' now get photo books for autograph books, and DS (DNiece hasn't gotten to use hers yet) even met a few characters that he had taken pictures with (i.e., the same CM) for the book.

My daughter loves the princesses so on our last trip, she bought a poster at Walmart of Cinderella's Castle with all the princesses on it, then hunted them all down and had them sign it. We framed it and it hangs in her room. I was worried about having to fold it to keep it in my backpack, but the folds barely show in the frame. She loves it. Another year I made her an autograph book cutting different shapes from cardstock, putting them on a metal ring. Then put them right into the scrapbook next to the photo.

We use the generic autograph book purchased in the parks, but my DS loves to go around World Showcase in Epcot asking the foreign CMs to sign her book in their native languages. They love to participate and MOST remember to include the English translation. It's always fun to go back and look through and remember each person we encountered.

I'm a huge fan of collecting autographs and I'm always looking for something new to take for the characters to sign. Since Alice is my favorite, on my last trip I took Lewis Carrol's "Alice's Advertures in Wonderland" that I got at Borders before we left home. I had both Alice and the Mad Hatter sign it and they had so much fun signing it! I got some great interaction and they talked with me for about 10 minutes finding their pictures in the book and arguing about which one was more popular. It was soooo much fun! I think the characters sign so many autographs that they really notice people who come through with unique ideas. So if you have a favorite character, finding something specific to them, or their movie, for them to sign is a fun thing to do. You can also collect autographs from all the different characters in a particular film.

Caity

I just bought an unfinished wood picture frame from Michaels($1)
it holds a 3x5 picture I painted it light blue with craft paint(.99)
it is in a large ziplock bag with 2 black sharpies ready to go for our
trip it is for my sons room

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter