Best DVC resort for small children

tcbdlb

Earning My Ears
We really want to like the Villas at the Wilderness Lodge but really don't like the bed posts at the Wilderness Lodge(short and squared off- hard on shins, etc). My wife is a safety professional and will not go back due to potential for injury, both us and kids. Any recommendations?

We haven't stayed at OKW yet but found BWV studios to be fairly safe as far as little ones, we pretty much let our 10 month old roam without having to block off too many areas except for the bathroom.

Just a word of thought, that the bed posts in VWL are different than those at WL. Did you take the tour of the villas, or are you basing this decision on the accomdations of WL? We just returned from a trip to VWL in a 1 bedroom and we found no problems with any of the furnishings, we were traveling with a 3 year old and a 4 month old. Of course, being an owner at VWL, it's my favorite DVC resort, and I feel the best if staying with small children due to the proximity to MK (my fav park also!)

When we stayed at WL a few years back those bed posts were our biggest complaint, they are murder on your shins!!!!!
I have not yet stayed at VWL but I would hope that they did not put those same beds in the villas that they have in the lodge.
The best DVC resort for children is very hard to determine. VWL is the closest to MK, so you can take a boat instead of a bus. The pool is nice there.
OKW has the largest rooms, but you need to takea bus everywhere except DD.
BWV is walking distance to Epcot and MGM. It has a nice pool, and the community hall has alot of fun activities for kids to do.

We stayed at the VWL in early February and did not notice the problem bedposts that you mentioned. We had a then 3 1/2 years and 11 months, trying to walk little one. With the nightly water parade, the playground on the beach, proximity to the MK, and the awesome lobby of the WL to explore, it seems like a no-brainer. But a resort that you have not stayed at has already failed your "safety" check then you are down to 2 choices. The BWV is too "hotel" like for our little family but maybe you will find it safer. The pool area is better at the BW. We enjoy staying at OKW because it is so laid back and we enjoy taking the boat to DD. Good Luck in your selection.

Sorry for the generalization, we just figured they would have similar furniture. I am glad to hear no one has had problems and that it sounds like it is in fact not the same bed frames used in WL.:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter