Best Monorail lunch... no ADR?

We've done Kona twice, a breakfast and a lunch. Both times we had no ADR and were seated right away. Excellent food and service both times.

We like Kona for lunch. It was our arrival day table service meal last summer. We thought the food was very good.

We were so pleasantly surprised by The Wave!

We had just arrived at the Poly and planned to eat at Capt. Cook’s but it was raining outside and slammed in there. I made an ADR for The Wave and booked it to the Contemporary.

Our lunch was delicious and it was very peaceful and relaxing. Highly recommend! You may be able to find a last minute ADR like we did.

Grand Floridian cafe or Kona cafe would be good choices IMO. But the GF loves the Wave.

I know you said monorail, but I'm gonna go outside the box and recommend Geyser Point at Disney's Wilderness Lodge. It's a short boat ride away from Magic Kingdom, has some really solid food, and is often overlooked/not-as-well-known about, so it shouldn't be too crowded. We really love how secluded it feels. It's an open-air restaurant. On one side is the Wilderness Lodge, on the other side is Bay Lake. You genuinely feel like you're in upstate New York or the Pacific Northwest (minus the sweltering heat and humidity most days). It's a nice, peaceful, change of pace after fighting the crowds in Magic Kingdom.

I vote for the Wave. Kona seems to have moved to an all day menu rather than having different lunch items.
Capt. Cooks... While they do have some different things on the menu like all Disney CS most of the items are not very good as it is prepackaged low quality food. I had the pulled pork last year the pork was from a bag lets just say.... spent the rest of my resort days eating lunch at DTD.
While the menu is ever changing I have never had a meal at Columbia Harbor house and the upstairs is very relaxing if you decide on CS.

Kona! I also would highly recommend making an ADR the morning of. I understand not wanting to plan everything, but it does get quite busy at the restaurants, and if you show up without an ADR you may be waiting a long time or even be turned away.

Is there a buffet for lunch at The Wave?
We did the breakfast buffet there once and it was really good.

If you just want quick service I would go to the contempo cafe. One of our favoirte places to eat lunch when we want to get away from the park for a bit.

Contempo Cafe gets my vote. CR is really neat, and it has tons of options for a seemingly small QS. Plus, you can monorail over for a nice, seated, AC'd break around Bay Lake, and then only have an 8 minute walk back to the MK when you're nice and rejuvenated from your delicious lunch!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter