BLT check in process is moving to the BLT lobby

I think it could be a large improvement, though it would be great if it applied to DME guests as well. We have had some poor experiences in the CR lobby, particularly during our 2009 stay ( opening year). The lobby was very crowded and there was no line for advance check in guests, so our wait time was pretty long. We had water flooding our room and we couldn't get a CM from the front desk, much less a manager who wouldn't take our calls, to come all the way over to check it out- they would only send maintenance and three days later the problem was not fixed. When we finally moved, we were told we had 15 minutes because bell services did not have time to come back to BLT. The next year we had room key problems and had to keep running over to try to get new keys. Finally, a nice CM came with us to BLT. But then she wouldn't leave, because she was so fascinated at the room, building and view! Despite working at CR front desk, she had never actually been inside BLT!

While I get that other dvc properties do not have their own front desk, weren't they built at the same time as their resorts, and ultimately had a more centrally located front desk? It seems that BLT having been built later has always been treated as a separate entity from CR, and a separate lobby with check in might alleviate the problems with CR staff having no knowledge of, and being so far away from, BLT.

And if it doesn't stick, well that's ok too. The inconvenience of the CR lobby is not going to ruin my trip!

BCV and VWL, were built years after the main resort opened. OKW and SSR and Kidani are stand alone DVC only resorts and had their own lobbies from the beginning.

BWV and BWI are the only DVC, non DVC built at the same time with the shared lobby.

I think they are adding it, to lessen at least some of the wait, BLT is a huge resort compared to say VWL or BCV.

As a driver, just wanted to chime in support for checking in at BLT. It is kind of a hassle to drive to the CT, explain to the valets that you're just checking (not parking the car)hoping that they'll just let me park over to the side, check in, them drive over to BLT to go to the room.

As a driver, just wanted to chime in support for checking in at BLT. It is kind of a hassle to drive to the CT, explain to the valets that you're just checking (not parking the car)hoping that they'll just let me park over to the side, check in, them drive over to BLT to go to the room.

We usually just park close to BLT, walk over to CR to check in and then walk back to BLT to unpack. We don't need Bell Services since we just leave the bags in the car if the room isn't ready. The new check in desk at BLT will be a nice plus, but it won't impact us much.

Just curious if anyone is there now and can confirm or deny any of this. We are checking into BLT on 8/31. Thanks.

Just an FYI--I was just on another thread (BLT Room View Thread) and a DISer is there now saying that as of yesterday CMs were in the lobby doing a trial run of the check-in process. The DISer did say that the CMs didn't know how long the trial was going to be, but that it will be from 7-10pm....I don't know if she meant 7am-10pm or 7pm-10pm. She did say that according to the CMs, that is when they get the most check-ins. Thought I would give those who were wondering a heads up :goodvibes.

We are at BLT now. There were signs in the parking lot today directing guests who are staying at BLT to BLT and those who are staying at Contemporary to the on temporary lobby. There were CMs in the lobby using the desk that has been used to check in to TOWL in the past. It appeared as though they were relying on IPADS. I did see someone pick up room keys there.

This would have come in handy when we checked in on Sunday. I did online check in, and still waited at the check in area for over an hour just to be told that the computers were done, and that I would have to come back later to pick up my room keys and find out what room I was assigned. Needless to say many guests were not happy. I wasn't going to let it ruin our trip, we headed over to MK, and by the time we returned at 4:30 the computers were back up and I was able to get our room keys.

HotdogDncrs said:
We are at BLT now. There were signs in the parking lot today directing guests who are staying at BLT to BLT, and those who are staying at Contemporary to the Contemporary lobby. There were CMs in the lobby using the desk that has been used to check in to TOWL in the past. It appeared as though they were relying on IPADS. I did see someone pick up room keys there.

This would have come in handy when we checked in on Sunday. I did online check in, and still waited at the check in area for over an hour just to be told that the computers were down, and that I would have to come back later to pick up my room keys, and find out what room I was assigned. Needless to say many guests were not happy. I wasn't going to let it ruin our trip, we headed over to MK, and by the time we returned at 4:30 the computers were back up and I was able to get our room keys.

Edited to fix auto-correct errors!!

We usually just park close to BLT, walk over to CR to check in and then walk back to BLT to unpack. We don't need Bell Services since we just leave the bags in the car if the room isn't ready. The new check in desk at BLT will be a nice plus, but it won't impact us much.

I do too - the walk is less than 5 minutes. so really don't understand this move.

hope the CM are as nice as the ones at CR.

Yes we had to check in at BLT. We took the park busses and went to CR to check in. Funny thing is, I had no idea about this but we still asked and since we were at CR already they said we could check in at CR. When it was our turn CM who was going to check us in said she can't but to go to BLT. It was easy to check in as there was no one else checking in but I did ask about the desk and she said they were going to expand it.

They also have concierge service in BLT lobby at the moment. Very helpful when my Disney-rookie parents wanted to take DD7 to lunch while we did KTTK. My Dad keeps raving about how nice they were walking him through some options (on a related note they loved the princess lunch in Norway).

I am checking in to BLT tomorrow night, probably around 10:30 p.m.. Am I correct that ME will take us to Contemporary lobby, we will check in there, and then walk to BLT?

Thanks in advance for your help!

I'm confused about the DME restriction. If arriving via DME do you HAVE to check in at CR or do you have the option of walking over to BLT and checking in there?:confused3

I just confirmed that since we are arriving around 10:30 pm, we check in at CR. Just wanted to pass along the information.

Does anyone else know if you are arriving during the day via ME whether you have to check in at CR or walk over to BLT instead?:confused3

Does anyone else know if you are arriving during the day via ME whether you have to check in at CR or walk over to BLT instead?:confused3

As with the BCV trial, my guess is that there will be CM confusion for awhile. Some were told that DME passengers check in at the Contemporary but some guests were told by the Front Desk CM's at the contemporary that all BLT guests have to check in at BLT. :confused3

It would be nice if Disney would post the policy on the DVC website for all to see. I noticed that they did post the TOTWL trial extension date so maybe they are working to improve. :thumbsup2

:earsboy: Bill

We checked in today and it worked great. After the guard checked my ID he gave me our parking pass and let us know that we would be checking at BTL. We parked the car and started walking to the lobby and a very nice CM May met us before we got to the door. She had our check-in package in her hands. Welcomed us home and we were done. I did online check-in last week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter