Boardwalk v. Beach Club Throwdown!

We just got back from BWV and loved it! We had a 1 Br Standard view that was very quiet...one of the quietest Disney rooms we have ever had. We loved the location...so close to so much. My kids loved the Luna Park Pool and Community Hall. I loved that they could be inside community hall playing video games (I know....Video games on vacation???) while I could sit right outside the door at the villas pool. Storm Along Bay at Beach Club Villas looks so cool, and while I do want to stay there sometime, what others have said about sight lines, lazy river depth, etc. does make me nervous. (My kids are 10 and 13, but still...) There are so many restaurants to walk to between the Boardwalk, Beach & Yacht and Swan/Dolphin. (Plus, we were there during F&W, so we ate there a lot too) I did miss a "food court" a little...we could have gone over to Picabu at the Swan or the Beach Club food court, but something right there would have been nice. Between the Boardwalk to go Stand (Which is great, but you can't charge to your room) The Pizza Window and the Boardwalk Bakery, we found there were plenty of places to grab something quick on the way back to the room, I think the food court would only be an issue on a longer stay. We got eggs and bacon down in Screen Door and had breakfast in the room a lot. I think next time I will pack a suitcase or ship a box with pancake mix, tuna, canned soup, pop tarts, coffee, etc and ship it ahead. While I don't want to cook every meal on vacation, I did find it more relaxing to have a leisurely breakfast and coffee in the villa in the morning...one of the perks of DVC. (But I guess that doesn't really help with BW vs BC) All In all, I don't think you can go wrong with either...they both have a similar great location and access to so many dining and recreation options.

ETA: As for busses, we didn't have any issues except for DTD. It took me 2 hrs of travel time to shop for 20 mins. I tink that is just the "nature of the beast" when travelling by bus to DTD. I have not had a good bus experience from ANY resort getting there. Actually, one of the plusses to The Port Orleans resorts as well as SSR is the boat to DTD. Bus service to DTD is a moot point anyway when deciding between BCV and BWV, as they share a bus there anyway.

That's kinda what I'm feeling too. I think I would actually prefer a canal room to a Boardwalk view anyway, so the fact that the Villas aren't Boardwalk view doesn't bother me. All things considered, after reading the opinions here, I'm definitely leaning towards Boardwalk.... Super helpful!

:banana:

the boardwalk villas DO have boardwalk views. we stayed there last APril. 4th floor, above Big river Grille. we sat with a coktail on our balcony and watch the people try their luck at the boardwalk games. it was great! watching the friendship boats come and go.

another point. any restaurants or night clubs at either resort do not determine our choice. the 2 resorts are so close, it doesn't matter.

If we stay at BCV, we can easily go over to Jelly rolls and walk back to our room, for example. or stay at BWV and walk over to Beaches and Cream.

PIGLET'S MOMMY:
we only book studios since it is just the 2 of us, but we too look for things to eat in the room.... not ALL the meals, just a couple, to save on $.
with just a microwave and toaster, we have tuna sandwiches on toast, canned beef stew, chef boyardee ravioli, chicken ala king. if you freeze smoked sausage before the trip, it will be fine by the time you get to your room, and you can heat that in the microwave, too

the Screen Door at the boardwalk actually has many options, also.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter