Boardwalk Villas Refurbishment Design

hockeydad21

Mouseketeer
Have there been any artist renderings or photos released of the planned design for the newly refurbished/renovated Boardwalk DVC rooms? I'm surprised that we're essentially a month out from construction getting underway, and yet no one has seen the new design. My memory may be blurry, but didn't we see artist renderings/photos of the planned Boulder Ridge design well before they kicked off construction?

I think it's pretty safe to assume Boardwalk villas will have murphy beds, but I'm more curious about the finishing touches and color pallet the redesign will get. Looking forward to it even though I don't own there!

Last edited:
No, DVC doesn't usually post any designs in advance. Sometimes they finish out a "test room" in the proposed design, and sometimes by chance photos of the test rooms are posted, but generally there's no official announcement. Most of the time we have to wait until someone actually stays in a refurbed room and posts photos to social media.

I have been waiting for someone on here to come across a test room and post some pictures, but no luck so far. I am surprised since they're supposed to begin in September. Maybe they chose a test room at the end of the long hallway with much less traffic. Can't wait to see the new rooms!

I have been waiting for someone on here to come across a test room and post some pictures, but no luck so far. I am surprised since they're supposed to begin in September. Maybe they chose a test room at the end of the long hallway with much less traffic. Can't wait to see the new rooms!
Agreed! I figured the DVC detectives on here would have discovered something by now! 🤣

No, DVC doesn't usually post any designs in advance. Sometimes they finish out a "test room" in the proposed design, and sometimes by chance photos of the test rooms are posted, but generally there's no official announcement. Most of the time we have to wait until someone actually stays in a refurbed room and posts photos to social media.
They did post pictures of the Boulder Ridge in DVC Files before the rooms were finished.

My memory may be blurry, but didn't we see artist renderings/photos of the planned Boulder Ridge design well before they kicked off construction?
It was at least a month into construction before the Disney Files photos were released.

Work began at Boulder Ridge in late August or very early September. The Disney Files mag arrived at the end of September. Publishing lead time suggests the pics must have come from a model room that was renovated well before September. Still, there's no hard-and-fast rule as to when they publish images of the finished product.

The next issue of Disney Files is due in about a month. Could have photos there. Or they could wait until the next quarter.

It was at least a month into construction before the Disney Files photos were released.

Work began at Boulder Ridge in late August or very early September. The Disney Files mag arrived at the end of September. Publishing lead time suggests the pics must have come from a model room that was renovated well before September. Still, there's no hard-and-fast rule as to when they publish images of the finished product.

The next issue of Disney Files is due in about a month. Could have photos there. Or they could wait until the next quarter.
Makes sense! I often times can't remember what I ate for breakfast yesterday, so glad you remembered the timeline!

They actually showed Boulder Ridge's refurb at D23 too. It wouldn't surprise me to see it mentioned at Destination D. I mean they have very little else to announce. 🤣

Yes....please install Murphy beds....those sofa sleepers are horrible...I always bring a foam topper..

If they can squeeze them in BRV, they can squeeze them in BWV. So, no doubt, they're coming.

The only resort I'd be worried about not getting them are BLT, but maybe they can design them to fit.

Expectations are rife in my house that the BWV refurb will deliver. Murphy Beds, new appliances, usb C ports and no more mold or we riot! Does everyone expect a similar style palette to the Inn refurb?
I agree with you. BWV is over 25 years old (opened in 1996) and has never had a full refurb - only got a slight cosmetic update back in 2016. They shouldn't have difficulty replacing the sofa beds in the living rooms with queen Murphy bed/couches, although I don't expect the single Murphy beds under the TVs due to location of the connecting doors between living room and studio side of a 2BR. Looking at the floor plans, they'd have to move quite a lot of plumbing, the kitchenette, etc. in order to relocate that door to the entryway. See floor plan here: https://www.disboards.com/media/dvc-floorplan-boardwalk-two-bedroom-jpg.88931/. And since our Capital Reserves dues budget has to cover this renovation, I don't want them to forgo updating appliances and furnishings with quality materials in order to do that much structural work. Prices for labor and materials have increased too much!

what's the date the refurb is supposed to start based on room availability?
All the boardwalk view rooms will be closed from Sep 9 through Nov 23 (Thanksgiving day), 2023. All standard views are scheduled to be closed from Jan 1 through Feb 29, 2024. Some have speculated that there may be another closure announced for pool/garden (p/g) view rooms. That is highly unlikely if those boardwalk view and standard view closure dates are actual times for when rooms will be refurbed. That is because they do refurbs of rooms on both sides of a hallway at the same time, and thus some p/g rooms will be closed during the boardwalk view dates and others during the standard view dates, but there should be no dates when all p/g rooms will be closed at the same time.

Last edited:
For those with past experience, any estimation on noise/disruption during refurbs? We're staying in a standard view, in Oct, 2023, and just curious. We're very laid back about maintenance, most noise, etc, but just curious if it'll be construction noise all day, or any issues in hallways/access, etc.

For those with past experience, any estimation on noise/disruption during refurbs? We're staying in a standard view, in Oct, 2023, and just curious. We're very laid back about maintenance, most noise, etc, but just curious if it'll be construction noise all day, or any issues in hallways/access, etc.
It is kind of a guess because in the past there has never been a refurb done where all rooms in one category, e.g., all boardwalk view rooms Sep-Nov, were shut-down at the same time. In the past, all room refurbs were done starting on the fifth floor by taking out half the rooms on that floor. When that half was done, they moved to the second half of the same floor, and when the fifth floor was done, they moved down to the fourth floor, following the same pattern, etc. Noise issues existed mainly for those in rooms directly above or directly below the rooms being worked on.

If this time they are going to do all the boardwalk view rooms (and p/g/ rooms across the hall from the boardwalk view rooms) at the same time from Sep to Nov, then if you have a standard view room at that time, you are not likely to hear much at all because the standard view rooms are not near the boardwalk view rooms, see aerial map here www.disboards.com/threads/bwv-standard-studio-view-of-what.3498521/

So with the schedule I'm seeing, it would appear that the refurbs should be complete before end of april 2024 yes? Planning a stay 25-30 and hoping for a BW view

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter