Boardwalk Villas Refurbishment Design

I agree with you. BWV is over 25 years old (opened in 1996) and has never had a full refurb - only got a slight cosmetic update back in 2016. They shouldn't have difficulty replacing the sofa beds in the living rooms with queen Murphy bed/couches, although I don't expect the single Murphy beds under the TVs due to location of the connecting doors between living room and studio side of a 2BR. Looking at the floor plans, they'd have to move quite a lot of plumbing, the kitchenette, etc. in order to relocate that door to the entryway. See floor plan here: https://www.disboards.com/media/dvc-floorplan-boardwalk-two-bedroom-jpg.88931/. And since our Capital Reserves dues budget has to cover this renovation, I don't want them to forgo updating appliances and furnishings with quality materials in order to do that much structural work. Prices for labor and materials have increased too much!
The BWV was back in the day when they called it a full refurb if they changed the flooring to something else. lol

So with the schedule I'm seeing, it would appear that the refurbs should be complete before end of april 2024 yes? Planning a stay 25-30 and hoping for a BW view
Hopefully so. The block on booking BW view villas ended for November dates, so you have a chance!

So with the schedule I'm seeing, it would appear that the refurbs should be complete before end of april 2024 yes? Planning a stay 25-30 and hoping for a BW view
Indications are that the refurb should be done by April 2024 because what I have been seeing for April reservations indicates more of a return to normal for what April reservations were in the past.

However, it sounds like you will be attempting to reserve at 7-months out since, if you were a BWV owner, you would have already reserved. Be aware that even with a return to normal after the refurb is finished would not mean you will necessarily be able to get a room at 7 months out for those five nights in April. "Normal" for BWV for that time period is that standard view and boardwalk view are usually gone for most nights before 7 months out except possibly a 1BR (at BWV all 2BRs are lock-offs -- a combined studio and 1BR -- with the result that 2BRs disappear when studios disappear). Moreover, even pool/garden view studios and 2BRs have a risk of missing some of those desired dates before 7 months out, although 1BRs are likely to be open.

Indications are that the refurb should be done by April 2024 because what I have been seeing for April reservations indicates more of a return to normal for what April reservations were in the past.

However, it sounds like you will be attempting to reserve at 7-months out since, if you were a BWV owner, you would have already reserved. Be aware that even with a return to normal after the refurb is finished would not mean you will necessarily be able to get a room at 7 months out for those five nights in April. "Normal" for BWV for that time period is that standard view and boardwalk view are usually gone for most nights before 7 months out except possibly a 1BR (at BWV all 2BRs are lock-offs -- a combined studio and 1BR -- with the result that 2BRs disappear when studios disappear). Moreover, even pool/garden view studios and 2BRs have a risk of missing some of those desired dates before 7 months out, although 1BRs are likely to be open.
Yea We are not BWV owners, and if we are unable to get desired rooms etc, we're perfectly fine with staying elsewhere.. When I call at my 7 month window, I'm going to have several choices. etc
Thanks for the input

I own at BRV. We (BRV people) had a mission to see those new rooms as early as possible. Haha. I remember staying there in December, a week before they started letting guests occupy the new rooms, and sneaking around at night trying to see something. But by then we saw pictures in Disney Files. I only saw the furniture coming in. They worked overnight. But one guy did get an unofficial tour from a construction guy and posted it. NOT saying this was legit, but it happened, so challenge on BWV people. We also peeked in the windows. LOL. BRV is smaller, and took September-April, more or less.

All the boardwalk view rooms will be closed from Sep 9 through Nov 23 (Thanksgiving day), 2023. All standard views are scheduled to be closed from Jan 1 through Feb 29, 2024. Some have speculated that there may be another closure announced for pool/garden (p/g) view rooms. That is highly unlikely if those boardwalk view and standard view closure dates are actual times for when rooms will be refurbed. That is because they do refurbs of rooms on both sides of a hallway at the same time, and thus some p/g rooms will be closed during the boardwalk view dates and others during the standard view dates, but there should be no dates when all p/g rooms will be closed at the same time.
I can confirm portions of Garden/Pool view also were removed from inventory during the SV/BWV waves, there's no separate wave where G/P will be completely offline.

So we're into Oct now. Where any of the boardwalk view refurbs completed/started in Sept as speculated in August?

Last edited:
Have there been any artist renderings or photos released of the planned design for the newly refurbished/renovated Boardwalk DVC rooms? I'm surprised that we're essentially a month out from construction getting underway, and yet no one has seen the new design. My memory may be blurry, but didn't we see artist renderings/photos of the planned Boulder Ridge design well before they kicked off construction?

I think it's pretty safe to assume Boardwalk villas will have murphy beds, but I'm more curious about the finishing touches and color pallet the redesign will get. Looking forward to it even though I don't own there!
Saw this on a blog - the author visited the open house at Boardwalk and included photos of the new decor: https://www.resortsgal.com/resorts/disney-boardwalk-updates-2023/

Have there been any artist renderings or photos released of the planned design for the newly refurbished/renovated Boardwalk DVC rooms? I'm surprised that we're essentially a month out from construction getting underway, and yet no one has seen the new design. My memory may be blurry, but didn't we see artist renderings/photos of the planned Boulder Ridge design well before they kicked off construction?

I think it's pretty safe to assume Boardwalk villas will have murphy beds, but I'm more curious about the finishing touches and color pallet the redesign will get. Looking forward to it even though I don't own there!

Does anyone know if the standard view studios have been renovated? I am wondering if this is something I should request as our trip is in May.

Does anyone know if the standard view studios have been renovated? I am wondering if this is something I should request as our trip is in May.
The wing that contains all the standard view villas as well as many Preferred view (Pool/Garden view, not Boardwalk view) is being renovated now. Hopefully that wing, or at least a substantial portion of it, will be complete by May, but I don't think any of us here knows for certain. I think that by May they won't be assigning anyone to a non-renovated standard view, though - all the standard views should either be finished or still under construction and therefore blocked.

We have never stayed at the Boardwalk but are very excited for it. Copper Creek and the Poly have been our mainstay for the last few trips. Would be great if the rooms are newly renovated but I won't complain either way.

Now I just need to find out if an air mattress will fit in the room for our son who is 20. My mother will be with us so we need the extra "bed" because I think he may be too big for that pullout bed under the tv.

We have never stayed at the Boardwalk but are very excited for it. Copper Creek and the Poly have been our mainstay for the last few trips. Would be great if the rooms are newly renovated but I won't complain either way.

Now I just need to find out if an air mattress will fit in the room for our son who is 20. My mother will be with us so we need the extra "bed" because I think he may be too big for that pullout bed under the tv.
Sorry, I can’t say how an air mattress might fit - hopefully maybe in the area under the TV where the single Murphy would go….

A twin would fit. I haven’t personally brought one so maybe someone else can comment on whether or not a full/queen would. If I had to guess I would say no for a full/queen size.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter