Boo Bash Tickets??

After many busy signals and hangups, managed to get through (after about 30 mins on hold) through the DVC spanish line (you just need to be able to navigate the automated prompts in Spanish, the CM who handled the transaction can conduct the sale in English). My understanding is you have to book through member services if your reservation is DVC (seems like the CMs on the main line can't confirm your reservation if its DVC)

We are DVC members staying on points and were able to buy our tickets through the VIPassholder line (we are also APs).

We had to wait 3 hours on hold and didn't get the DVC discount (the CM said we could call MS later and get the discount applied) but we got our tickets for September 7.

Just called about 20 times keeps hanging up on me. So I use the chat function on the website and they can’t tell me prices for the specific dates. Looks like the 10 of us aren’t going. Paying a premium but no benefits and bad service like this is becoming more frequent. Dvc is really starting to be a turnoff for us

From the WDW website:

After many busy signals and hangups, managed to get through (after about 30 mins on hold) through the DVC spanish line (you just need to be able to navigate the automated prompts in Spanish, the CM who handled the transaction can conduct the sale in English). My understanding is you have to book through member services if your reservation is DVC (seems like the CMs on the main line can't confirm your reservation if its DVC)
Is there a separate phone number for DVC MS in Spanish? I'm not getting the Spanish option when I call in.

Its an option once you hit the automated system...the biggest challenge was getting through to the automated system instead of just endless busy signals
yep - wasn't even giving me the option, but I remember it was option#9, so I tried that and it seemed to put me on the line that was allowing queue. Unfortunately, I don't know enough Spanish to tell how long my wait is...

On hold for the past 20 minutes. Was given an estimate of 29 minutes. Called the 407 number after getting busy signals on the 800 number. Still took a few calls before I actually got put on hold vs being told to call back.

Edited to add it took 40 minutes. Bought 4 tix for 8/17 got the discount as well.

Last edited:
We are resale and direct owners. We thought after the 25 point direct purchase in June 2017 that we were grandfathered in but were told today - nope! We were not allowed the measly 10.00 off a Boo Bash ticket as we do not have 150 direct points. After June 2017 when it was 25 points that got you the blue card, we added on direct twice but still have not accumulated 150 direct. This morning we were told that, yes, we are blue card members but we can only get discounts on meals and shopping. We are not allowed to have ticket discounts? Since 2017 we have purchased numerous Very Merry tickets with the discounts. Have we missed something that we are no longer grandfathered in for all membership extras ( we knew the resale did not qualify for cruises etc) but I guess we missed the light blue card memo. Still shows us as a normal blue online.

We called our guide who asked for an email that he would investigate the occurrence and we are looking for a call back from a member services supervisor which we were told would be a couple of days at least.

We are resale and direct owners. We thought after the 25 point direct purchase in June 2017 that we were grandfathered in but were told today - nope! We were not allowed the measly 10.00 off a Boo Bash ticket as we do not have 150 direct points. After June 2017 when it was 25 points that got you the blue card, we added on direct twice but still have not accumulated 150 direct. This morning we were told that, yes, we are blue card members but we can only get discounts on meals and shopping. We are not allowed to have ticket discounts? Since 2017 we have purchased numerous Very Merry tickets with the discounts. Have we missed something that we are no longer grandfathered in for all membership extras ( we knew the resale did not qualify for cruises etc) but I guess we missed the light blue card memo. Still shows us as a normal blue online.

We called our guide who asked for an email that he would investigate the occurrence and we are looking for a call back from a member services supervisor which we were told would be a couple of days at least.

I would hope they aren't un-grandfathering DVC members - that will lead to a LOT of angry members! Please report back and let us know what they say!

Whooooo Hoo! Our guide just contacted us and said that he had been in touch with member services and that we do qualify for the pathetic Boo Bash ticket discount. He said this was an obvious error and that Member Services would be reaching back out to us in the next couple of days. Phew. We were watching this thread all morning while waiting on hold, then after this dilemma we could not believe there had no other comments. How could we have been the only one that got this Cruella rep.

Whooooo Hoo! Our guide just contacted us and said that he had been in touch with member services and that we do qualify for the pathetic Boo Bash ticket discount. He said this was an obvious error and that Member Services would be reaching back out to us in the next couple of days. Phew. We were watching this thread all morning while waiting on hold, then after this dilemma we could not believe there had no other comments. How could we have been the only one that got this Cruella rep.
I am very happy that your guide got back so quickly, and I hope you can report back that you have the tickets!

Glad you got it! They told us that we could get the discount even though we are white card members. I wonder if maybe the system is set up to check whether your points are unrestricted (like I think happened with the cruise, right?) instead of whether you have a blue/white card. We are using direct points for the stay during which we are going to the Boo Bash.

Glad you got it! They told us that we could get the discount even though we are white card members. I wonder if maybe the system is set up to check whether your points are unrestricted (like I think happened with the cruise, right?) instead of whether you have a blue/white card. We are using direct points for the stay during which we are going to the Boo Bash.

The member services rep today, was flat out rude. We have always known the resale points could not be used for cruises or the concierge But, the grandfathering part just blew our mind. The rep said they had been told to be sure of how many points people had and what type they were so I think she wasn't properly trained or maybe at this time, many of them aren't. Honestly, it was like talking to someplace other than Disney this morning. Instead of pixie dust, we got gravel. But, it's done and over. We have our tickets, another rep moved them into MDE for us when I called back and asked about the "will call" on the receipt.

The member services rep today, was flat out rude. We have always known the resale points could not be used for cruises or the concierge But, the grandfathering part just blew our mind. The rep said they had been told to be sure of how many points people had and what type they were so I think she wasn't properly trained or maybe at this time, many of them aren't. Honestly, it was like talking to someplace other than Disney this morning. Instead of pixie dust, we got gravel. But, it's done and over. We have our tickets, another rep moved them into MDE for us when I called back and asked about the "will call" on the receipt.
That's frustrating, but I'm glad it got sorted! I hope you are right and maybe it was a new rep who didn't really understand DVC. With all the complicated layers they keep adding I think pretty soon they are going to have to offer a special training for CMs about all the member types! It's so crazy how people can have such vastly different experiences (over something that should be pretty straightforward like buying a ticket), and honestly over a $10 discount I would think it would behoove Disney to just take a "customer is right" approach. I mean, we aren't talking about someone trying to get an AP discount here!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter