BREXIT......How do you feel Brits? Excited??

Actually, you are correct. I typed incorrectly. Two-thirds of those who did not go to school past the age of 16 voted to leave. NOT 2/3rds of those who voted to leave had not completed school beyond the age of 16. Different meanings entirely but still supports the premise that the vote did divide along educational lines.

Here is a link to the Telegraph article. Interesting reading about the dichotomy of those who voted to leave and the predicted struggle between the two groups going forward.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/06/25/brexits-two-tribes-will-go-to-war/

Try me. It's clear that you are very--and I'll give you understandably--proud of your Master's degree, since you've worked it into multiple posts, so put it to use and see if you can elucidate it for me. I'm also pretty well educated, so let's see if I can follow how your anecdotes somehow cobble together into empirical evidence that refutes the empirical evidence and anecdotes cited by others. Simply posting the same things again and again is not proof of your point, it's just repetitive dialogue. I'm waiting for the pre-show clip to come on and tell us to turn off our phones, so let's see if I can go into the movie better educated about how your unvalidated social circle refutes the unvalidated insights of others. Or will you just throw more vague insults and random ellipses back at me while citing more self-serving anecdotes from your own solipsistic world to bolster your position?

I do not want to take sides in this particular dialogue, but I did want to say I am seriously impressed with your posting ability in a dark theater! I'm not sure if pre-shows are different in the UK, but there's no way I could post much beyond emojis in an American theater with the coming attractions, etc.

To our American friends.......

Imagine you have a business and are told by some elected beaurocrats in Canada you can't do business the way you have for the last 20 years.

You have a fruit and vegetable store and are told you can't buy from the same guy who has been supplying you with cucumbers for 15 of those years because his home grown chemical free cucumbers are not straight to the nth degree.........

You have to change your way of selling in measurements..........you can't run your business the way you want or have done successfully for 20 years or you'll get a massive fine as you will be breaching European law and guidelines.............

This sounds piffling and not very important.........there are thousands of other examples of laws and regulations the EU have imposed on us. If I quoted others I would be accused of being racist.

Would you like to be told you cannot fly your American flag either on your property or in your town centre in case you upset xxxx people???

Curious to hear your thoughts..........

We have similar issues in the US with our many crippling regulations. I feel your pain.

We have similar issues in the US with our many crippling regulations. I feel your pain.

I can imagine.

I'm not silly, but I'm struggling to understand what others are not understanding just how some EU decisions are massively affecting us in the UK. Of course some obviously don't feel that way as the voted remain.

Thank you.

I was about to suggest we discontinue this bat and ball with this person as this should not be accusatory or derogatory conversation with each other. Just enjoyed watching the Adele concert at Glastonbury - night night my Disney pals X

I agree. Have had a couple of pm's to suggest the same.

Cease and desist.

I still think for the most part this thread had gone well. Most of our American friends understand the decision.

Goodnight Realfoodfans and hope everyone else has a good evening........bedtime in UK........it's Sunday.........

I can imagine.

I'm not silly, but I'm struggling to understand what others are not understanding just how some EU decisions are massively affecting us in the UK. Of course some obviously don't feel that way as the voted remain.

Thank you.

I think a lot of it has to do with one's personal philosophy on the role they want government playing in their daily lives.

To our American friends.......

Imagine you have a business and are told by some elected beaurocrats in Canada you can't do business the way you have for the last 20 years.

You have a fruit and vegetable store and are told you can't buy from the same guy who has been supplying you with cucumbers for 15 of those years because his home grown chemical free cucumbers are not straight to the nth degree.........

You have to change your way of selling in measurements..........you can't run your business the way you want or have done successfully for 20 years or you'll get a massive fine as you will be breaching European law and guidelines.............

This sounds piffling and not very important.........there are thousands of other examples of laws and regulations the EU have imposed on us. If I quoted others I would be accused of being racist.

Would you like to be told you cannot fly your American flag either on your property or in your town centre in case you upset xxxx people???

Curious to hear your thoughts..........

As an American and a small business owner, I completely get what you're saying. I've found this thread very informative and interesting, much better than watching any slanted news channel. What you wrote does not sound piffling and unimportant at all, small business/private business is very important, and unnecessary regulations can strangle us. I don't know any small business owners who would want bigger government, and it seems that is a part of being a member of the EU.

And no, if I were told I could not fly my flag, that would not be ok with me.

As an American and a small business owner, I completely get what you're saying. I've found this thread very informative and interesting, much better than watching any slanted news channel. What you wrote does not sound piffling and unimportant at all, small business/private business is very important, and unnecessary regulations can strangle us. I don't know any small business owners who would want bigger government, and it seems that is a part of being a member of the EU.

Rarely does adding in another level of bureaucracy end up serving the population better - or help getting more money to the people that need it..

Yes the re-do referendum petition has reached 1.5million signatures but considering more than 33 million people voted it's not actually that many and no doubt some on that list are not actually eligible to vote.

I'm sure there is an analogy somewhere with toys and a pram hmmm....
Isn't it correct that any petition with more than 100,000 signatures must be considered for debate by Parliament?

Isn't it correct that any petition with more than 100,000 signatures must be considered for debate by Parliament?

Technically no. The 100,000 signatures means it goes to a committee who then decide if parliament will debate the issue. I have no idea if they have ever not allowed one

Thank you. I do think most people understand some of the issues that were the reason for the vote by a majority.

The cucumber thing became a bit of a joke on the front of most newspapers at the time, it was laughable and people weren't sure if it was a joke that we couldn't sell cucumbers that were bent.........only poker straight ones.......

I do love the Amercian flag is everywhere when we go to the States.

Technically no. The 100,000 signatures means it goes to a committee who then decide if parliament will debate the issue. I have no idea if they have ever not allowed one

And some of them are so silly and such a waste of time for discussion by people who certainly have more to do.

Wasn't there one started last year where someone started a petition for David Cameron not to be allowed back into the country after his holiday with his family??? I'm sure that rings a bell.........

That happens here. Seriously, a couple towns over from me. Wish I could vote them off the island!

I'm not sure why people keep saying that a referendum is being considered in Holland because I'm there and I am not hearing that apart from the racist Muslim hating political party.

Thank you. I do think most people understand some of the issues that were the reason for the vote by a majority.

The cucumber thing became a bit of a joke on the front of most newspapers at the time, it was laughable and people weren't sure if it was a joke that we couldn't sell cucumbers that were bent.........only poker straight ones.......

I do love the Amercian flag is everywhere when we go to the States.

48% voting to remain and 52% voting to leave is not much of a majority... Seems like the UK is pretty evenly divided on this issue. I kinda wonder if the referendum to hold a new vote actually succeeds and happens ... will the 'leave' still hold the majority.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter