Cabana Bay! New Universal Hotel in 2014!!!

Anyone been recently? Are all the refill mugs the same (seems like it from any photos I have seen). How do families keep the mugs straight as to which one is who's? At Disney they had different colors so it was easy. The ones at CB don't even have handles (that I saw from photos) to hang a tag on.

Thanks, love handles on mugs! Not sure why all the photos I have seen don't show handles or different colored lids.

tZEsqH6M3DCBX7r06CKJwcKy2vbDzucgSco-oG_R2lw_1GhkgpwLvBYkbHTL_cnpG9C3V6XAul_ncuJKRZQBUhtaTzjJeAr0lni8K5WOvRFUEG_L51rj-tYT1SMIWmaaq10vFBXrT88r7Sn6wedfshfnH0dP7MTCrUMK7PQauY64LcGafyy9ORH5Um3_ayazYU2gQK6Wkq_AjNDoPJ-qXmuqL7vq4vF4eefbO9hwia2d4aP1Brscyl6kqOcjleCMPQ16W-zrRhdWX7DCoXhYM80Safx19r6EAnNkzXCP7pItBmR6W2pM-DOS6usdCj6ZYHyn7l-x800OmzuW73lElUdw60jjUn5fyU2Qa5eRsYfFuEP8mXiY6w3FuSPyncKeEKBcwr-ZvOu6ACJTGUcN97wywliO9TZqGDLzlEu2gw13qQEGyNN_V4XP1roaCDxq5MsVgy2GOxtE8FRz7Ql8j_wwsRNY0ZFH5XAm1irBCM_LwKzhtmewZuvSoEiIk-fwpHgUvOM8OGWx2JbKFn1NIxNB6cegsBGJDubnKmysYH3w=w1457-h1941-no

Thanks, now that I know there are handles I will bring a tag to tag mine so my niece doesn't drink out of my cup. If they have the Halloween mugs in September I'm guessing she will want that one as will I.

I've never stayed at a Universal Resort and was wondering does Cabana Bay have some kind of express or online check in to speed up the process? Also I saw there is a walkway to the parks which I believe was about a mile long, is it faster to get to the parks walking or taking a shuttle, where does the shuttle drop you off? We are going towards the end of April.

If you're in decent shape and a fast walker, we found it faster to take the path. With kids along, it was a wash. Also depends on how long you have to wait to get on a shuttle, or how long it takes for the shuttle to fill up and leave when you're heading back to the hotel. The shuttle drops you off at the escalators in front of City Walk, so you still have a pretty good hike from there to the park entrances.

I don't remember express check in, but it was a quick and smooth process for us.
I've never stayed at a Universal Resort and was wondering does Cabana Bay have some kind of express or online check in to speed up the process? Also I saw there is a walkway to the parks which I believe was about a mile long, is it faster to get to the parks walking or taking a shuttle, where does the shuttle drop you off? We are going towards the end of April.

Hi guys! I'm planning an upcoming trip to Universal and staying at Cabana Bay! My question is what is the breakfast like at CB? Do you have any favorite breakfast places in CityWalk or the Parks? THANKS :)

Also, the food court has a lot of take-and-go breakfast items. We were there over the holidays and didn't have time for a sit down breakfast before we left at 6:30 a.m. for the parks, so we got cereal and fruit and hard-boiled eggs the night before. Put it in the fridge and it was an easy, quick meal the next morning.

Does anyone know if there is a microwave or toasters in the food court?

Also, the food court has a lot of take-and-go breakfast items. We were there over the holidays and didn't have time for a sit down breakfast before we left at 6:30 a.m. for the parks, so we got cereal and fruit and hard-boiled eggs the night before. Put it in the fridge and it was an easy, quick meal the next morning.

6:30am! That seems early! We are attending in mid-September should we be going this early too?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter