• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Cabana Bay! New Universal Hotel in 2014!!!

cbf.jpg
Based on the resorts site calling the refrigerators a "Mini Fridge" I would say a half gallon would be better accommodated :) Here is a picture of the fridges! Located on the left under the microwave! Hope this helps

We will be staying at Cabana Bay for one night in April. We have only stayed at Disney and i dont know the ins and outs of Universal. Can you do early check in? Do they have room preferences or location requests? Is there anything i need to do before our trip?

Thanks for the help!

We will be staying at Cabana Bay for one night in April. We have only stayed at Disney and i dont know the ins and outs of Universal. Can you do early check in? Do they have room preferences or location requests? Is there anything i need to do before our trip?

Thanks for the help!
You can check in as soon as you arrive, your room may not be ready but they can text you just like Disney when it is.

Location is already picked by you when you book - if you booked Tower than you are in Americana or Continental (interior hallways and doors), Courtyard has the other three buildings that are not attached to the main building (outside doors).

Requests- some prefer higher floors for the possible view, others like lower ones as the water pressure seems better.

Is there a toaster in the suites? We will be there for 8 nights before disney so trying to figure out what we need for snacks.

I posted a message on their Facebook page today and they said bowl for kid price is still on. Yay! This was $9 12-4 weekdays inc shoe hire. We got an hour as there were two of us, bigger groups get longer.

Last edited:
I posted a message on their Facebook pace today and they said bowl for kid price is still on. Yay! This was $9 12-4 weekdays inc shoe hire. We got an hour as there were two of us, bigger groups get longer.

So a vacationer could visit Galaxy Bowl on a weekday between 12 - 4 and only pay $9 to bowl! Wow! Good deal! Will keep this in mind in case there is a rainy day!

PS, Love love love your Trip Reports!

So a vacationer could visit Galaxy Bowl on a weekday between 12 - 4 and only pay $9 to bowl! Wow! Good deal! Will keep this in mind in case there is a rainy day!

PS, Love love love your Trip Reports!

Thank you

Offers can change, I'll ask again when we check in. We had fun and I thought it was a good price.

View attachment 156028
Based on the resorts site calling the refrigerators a "Mini Fridge" I would say a half gallon would be better accommodated :) Here is a picture of the fridges! Located on the left under the microwave! Hope this helps

Is the picture of the "kitchen" areas in all the rooms at CBBR? This is our first trip to Universal. We have poolside standard room.

It looks nice!

Is the picture of the "kitchen" areas in all the rooms at CBBR? This is our first trip to Universal. We have poolside standard room.

It looks nice!

No the kitchen is in the suites. The regular rooms have a refrigerator under the tv. We have stayed in a standard room twice and thought there was plenty of room for 3 of us.

No the kitchen is in the suites. The regular rooms have a refrigerator under the tv. We have stayed in a standard room twice and thought there was plenty of room for 3 of us.
i'm glad you explained that as i was wondering if it had a kitchen area separate from the bedroom/living room.

There's a lot of renovations at Cabana Bay this year and is causing disruption. They are expanding their rooms in a new building and also building a parking lot.
Not sure how much disruption is being caused but I've heard its just not nice to look at.

View attachment 156028

DW and I are booked into a Family Suite in early May. I can't tell from the photo. Do the suites have a coffee maker? When we stayed at Portofino two years ago, I'm pretty sure there was a small Keurig.

DW and I are booked into a Family Suite in early May. I can't tell from the photo. Do the suites have a coffee maker? When we stayed at Portofino two years ago, I'm pretty sure there was a small Keurig.

The coffee maker is not a Keurig but there is a coffee maker. Here is a great trip report with photos and you can see the coffee maker. http://**************.net/2014/12/1...cabana-bay-beach-resort-at-universal-orlando/

Room-Animities-Cabana-Bay-Beach-Resort.jpg

The coffee maker is not a Keurig but there is a coffee maker. Here is a great trip report with photos and you can see the coffee maker. http://**************.net/2014/12/1...cabana-bay-beach-resort-at-universal-orlando/

Room-Animities-Cabana-Bay-Beach-Resort.jpg
Thanks. As long as there is some type of coffee maker, DW will be happy. And a fridge for real milk is a plus instead of using that powdered creamer.

Thanks also for the link detailing Cabana Bay resort.

I thought I would give a mini review since we just stayed here a couple of weeks ago. You could definitely fit a couple of gallons of milk in that fridge, it's bigger than it looks in that picture and you could move the shelves around.

I was not especially impressed with the CB, as much as I wanted to love it. We usually stay at the Portofino or RP, but we needed a room with 3 beds or 2 rooms and the suite was the only thing I could find because we booked at the last minute. My first impression was that our furnishings were really worn and dirty. I was surprised because you would think that it would still look pretty new, since the hotel is not that old. The two side chairs were outright filthy but maybe the housekeeping is just off because we found a child's sweatshirt in our closet.

The pullout bed is outright torture to try to sleep on. Nobody could sleep on it so our idea of everyone having their own bed went out the window after 2 hours of us switching around and trying to sleep on that sofa "bed". You literally might as well sleep on the floor-it's that hard. I didn't particularly love the beds or bedding but they weren't awful.

Towels were so thin and worn they were see-through. I did like the bathroom set up and thought they were cute little rooms, just wished they'd put a little more money into the bedding and towels. We were near the construction and never heard it once in the 3 nights we were there. Was sorry that we never had a chance to use the pool but it looked like fun.

Check out day was a mess because we had to unexpectedly leave a day early and the computers were down so nobody could check in or out. They were offering free meals to people checking in because they had to wait which I thought was nice of them. Food court for us was not good, we ate there once for dinner and that was enough. Food in the parks was much better. If I had to compare it to the All Stars at Disney, I would say that it's a couple of steps below. I really wanted to love it because we love all things Universal, but it just wasn't what I expected.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter