Cabins at Fort Wilderness Points Charts Posted! For Sale and Booking Dates too!

While I agree with most of the analysis, I don't know if we all are the target DVC members for this. Are there certainly existing members who will add on, sure. But we all have done math, and have massive spreadsheets (myself included) but having stayed in a "cabin" during COVID to get away at a campground, there is a community of folks who love this. We see an issue without a w/d, but that is from our viewpoint. Having a car next to your "resort" versus those of who miss Magic Express. We look at points charts and are trying to compare apples to apples or apples to oranges. Ignoring the trust for a minute, I think DVD is trying to diversify its buyers to keep printing money. The idea of offering lots of options (in or out of a trust) might make selling actually easier - we have something for everyone.
I think campers are their target but so many campers already have an rv. We love the Fort and will willingly tow our camper the 1,100 miles down there. But honestly we get tired of that and now that our five kids are grown we just prefer regular DVC rooms. The Fort was the cheapest option for us to do Disney with a large family but even the cabins weren't large enough. I just don't know who they are targetting because cabins and campers are different breeds of people.

Even an OKW 2bdr in September still require over 200 pts for a week stay (with still high-ish dues).
Here's something to consider for a week in September, number of points multiplied by annual dues:

OKW 2-bedroom (sleeps 9, 2 bathrooms, W&D): 205 X $9.87 = $2023

AKV Kidani Standard View 2-bedroom (sleeps 9, 3 bathrooms, W&D): 208 x $9.08 = $1889

AKV Kidani Standard View 1-bedroom (sleeps 5, 2 bathrooms, W&D): 150 x $9.08 = $1362

CFW (sleeps 6, 1 bathroom, no W&D): 111 X $12.15 = $1349

If I'm a family of 5, I'm going AKV every time. And having a W&D in the room is invaluable for longer stays.

This is not the 1950s or 1960s when families with 4 children were common.

IMO, the CFW have a very limited market.

Last edited:
So glad we didn’t wait for the cabins to buy our first contract like we were considering. The dues, cost per point, and incentives make our small add on contract at VDH seem reasonable. We have 100 RIV and 50 VDH. Happy with our decision to buy direct so we can book there with the great point chart.

Here's something to consider for a week in September, number of points multiplied by annual dues:

AKV Kidani Standard View 2-bedroom (sleeps 9, 3 bathrooms, W&D): 208 x $9.08 = $1889

AKV Kidani Standard View 1-bedroom (sleeps 5, 2 bathrooms, W&D): 150 x $9.08 = $1362

If I'm a family of 5, I'm going AKV every time. And having a W&D in the room is invaluable for longer stays.

This is not the 1950s or 1960s when families of 4 were common.

That’s a helpful breakdown and I see your point but I still see value in paying $1349 on my dues for a week vacation if I have a family of 5 or 6 and don’t have the money to buy more than 100-120 points. I think that’s probably a bigger community then we’re giving credit to, at least DVC thinks so.

I also think CFW has as limited a market as most Grand Villas, bungalows and the CCV Cabins but Disney continues to add them and offer them as a niche product. They sell out through either cash or points as I’m sure these will. I’ve seen a lot of people say they want to try these cabins at 7mo and maybe that was something DVC was hoping for in selling these, as well, wanting to open up 7mo availability at some of the resorts. Those point charts would tempt many people, especially if they don’t have to buy-in and pay the dues.

Last edited:

This is not the 1950s or 1960s when families of 4 were common.

Families of 4 in the 50's and 60's? True - most I knew were 5-10 members. :thumbsup2

I’m starting to see videos of people saying they will NOT be buying into these as is but if Reflections gets added on…. Disney is going to have a tough time selling this for now.

The dues are high, but I think it might be the layout that does them in, but who knows they may prove to be extremely successful.

Even if they stay cash, Disney will get some people to have built for them some new cabins funded by the dues... It's a nice win for them.

The sense I get is that the guides aren't really pushing the sales either.

Has anybody on Disboards bought yet? I haven't heard those stories yet.

I was just thinking the same thing we had so many of us talking about buying VGF2.0 and VDH when they went on sale but it’s been been crickets about DIS members buying points. My sister was considering buying but I talked her out of it as they never really book in the 11-7 month window with the points they have now. I told her in think buying VDH is still a better buy if you want direct SAP as they have the scarcity factor on their side if they needed to sell them down the road and should hold their value long term even if they are restricted.

I was just thinking the same thing we had so many of us talking about buying VGF2.0 and VDH when they went on sale but it’s been been crickets about DIS members buying points. My sister was considering buying but I talked her out of it as they never really book in the 11-7 month window with the points they have now. I told her in think buying VDH is still a better buy if you want direct SAP as they have the scarcity factor on their side if they needed to sell them down the road and should hold their value long term even if they are restricted.
I’m not buying either but I’d pick CFW fixed week over VDH if you’re worried about resale value. There aren’t going to be that many cabins available and fixed weeks at the holidays will probably hold their value better than random points at VDH. A fixed week at VDH might do well but I assume it’s a LOT more points.

We are too smart and by the numbers right now to purchase. HOWEVER once actual real pictures and videos of the rooms come out and you can actually book it, FOMO will hit and people on here will purchase. So far, all the information released is on the negative side for anyone to purchase based on that.

That transient tax is such a freakin bummer. The fixed week during the holidays at CFW will hold its value better especially since there will be fewer cabins and the possibility of Reflections 2.0 being folded in, in the future. VDH has no room for expansion.

Agreed with a few other posts, this group here are a bunch of skeptics and we need a bit more convincing I think. I’m sure plenty people have purchased but they might not be active on the Disboards.

I’m not really on Facebook but I wonder if anyone there has posted about buying in.

Agreed with a few other posts, this group here are a bunch of skeptics and we need a bit more convincing I think. I’m sure plenty people have purchased but they might not be active on the Disboards.

I’m not really on Facebook but I wonder if anyone there has posted about buying in.
Yep, there are a few over on the FB pages saying they have bought… not many, but a handful are buying.

I’m not buying either but I’d pick CFW fixed week over VDH if you’re worried about resale value. There aren’t going to be that many cabins available and fixed weeks at the holidays will probably hold their value better than random points at VDH. A fixed week at VDH might do well but I assume it’s a LOT more points.

That transient tax is such a freakin bummer. The fixed week during the holidays at CFW will hold its value better especially since there will be fewer cabins and the possibility of Reflections 2.0 being folded in, in the future. VDH has no room for expansion.
I disagree just look at how expensive VGC points go for, no WDW DVC has held it’s value as strongly with the exception of beach club. There’s just so many WDW DVC resorts that even a FW at the cabins will never be as valuable as VDH points will be in the long term. There’s just not much room to build there and only 3 onsite resort hotels there. Disneyland forward will most likely be an even bigger boost. If you are using them as SAP for WDW the transient tax won’t affect owning direct VDH with its lower dues and they points can be used at the cabins at 7 months and anywhere else going forward.

I disagree just look at how expensive VGC points go for, no WDW DVC has held it’s value as strongly with the exception of beach club. There’s just so many WDW DVC resorts that even a FW at the cabins will never be as valuable as VDH points will be in the long term. There’s just not much room to build there and only 3 onsite resort hotels there. Disneyland forward will most likely be an even bigger boost. If you are using them as SAP for WDW the transient tax won’t affect owning direct VDH with its lower dues and they points can be used at the cabins at 7 months and anywhere else going forward.
I think it’s a mistake to assume that VDH will perform anything like VGC— VGC holds its value because it’s a tiny handful of rooms and it’s right inside California Adventure. VDH doesn’t have either of those things going for it. Additionally VDH resale is always going to be limited to VDH, making it even less desirable with the taxes. I do think that VDH becomes a bit more desirable if it gets a direct park entrance after Disneyland Forward—but that’s a big IF. They also could build another tower hotel or two.

And as someone who owns a Vero contract, I can tell you that high annual dues hurt a lot. You rationalize to yourself when you are buying that it is not a big deal, but every year I realize we made a big mistake and wish we had just bought more SSR or even more RIV direct.
At least you got it cheap. Imagine buying Vero Beach at $225 per point... Really, nobody should be buying this, and anyone who posts on this board that they have recently purchased it should be given the advice to rescind if they're within their 10 day window. DVC is no longer any different than every other timeshare where it is foolish to buy paying developer prices.

I actually think the cabins are a great addition to the DVC family as they are the "Cheapest 1 bedroom" by a long shot and that caters to families of 2-4 people really well and it is also a very niche market of people that like privacy and camping and not be a part of a large high rise condo (like BLT or even new Poly). I personally think of these as a mega budget bungalow or budget treehouse villa as smaller families may want to book those very private stand-alone resorts, but can't justify the point cost per night. Adding a kitchen and living room are great features, but the selling point is to have your own little private home inside Disney and at a very attractive price per night. One great thing is that DVC offers ultra lux properties like VGF and remote cabins like the new Ft Wilderness cabins.

Not buying CFW, but I never was anyway, I’m waiting on Poly tower. I just have to ask a question of those that do plan on going to the cabins. What about fleas? This is Florida, and the fleas here are becoming treatment resistant. Is mousekeeping doing something special to prevent an infestation?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter