Cabins at Fort Wilderness Points Charts Posted! For Sale and Booking Dates too!

It’s just gross— and we are dog people. I really don’t know what Disney is thinking. Dogs— or any animals- in vacation properties are a bad idea. And it is the kind of vacation where people are often gone all day. Maybe Disney will bring back smoking in rooms too. Why not? Anything goes, right?

weren't dogs always allowed in these rooms pre renovation?
It was a recent development. Basically, once Disney decided they weren’t going to do any more upkeep because they were going to replace the cabins, they started allowing dogs. Even then only in some units. The units were already incredibly run down.

weren't dogs always allowed in these rooms pre renovation?
Dogs were always allowed at the campsite, but not the cabins. In 2017 when Disney started its dog-friendly resorts policy, the Cabins became one of the 4 resorts that allowed dogs. Art of Animation, Port Orleans Riverside, and Yacht Ckub being the others.

Dogs were always allowed at the campsite, but not the cabins. In 2017 when Disney started its dog-friendly resorts policy, the Cabins became one of the 4 resorts that allowed dogs. Art of Animation, Port Orleans Riverside, and Yacht Ckub being the others.
Yuck. Need to remember not to ever stay at these resorts either.

Yuck. Need to remember not to ever stay at these resorts either.
In contrast to what's been announced for CFW, dogs at the dog-friendly resorts above were restricted to specific rooms and wings of those resorts, and at the current Ft. Wilderness Cabins (cash side) only one or two loops are open for pets as well. So rooms that were not in the designated areas would not have had pets, but could have had service dogs in them.

Just talked to my DVC agent. Minimum buy-in for existing members is 50 pts at $225/pt. ($11,250)! Dues are $608 per year, so $12.16 per point. Closing costs $162.50 plus another $200 for deed fees/taxes? It will also cost another $30 per night to bring a pet.

Just talked to my DVC agent. Minimum buy-in for existing members is 50 pts at $225/pt. ($11,250)! Dues are $608 per year, so $12.16 per point. Closing costs $162.50 plus another $200 for deed fees/taxes? It will also cost another $30 per night to bring a pet.

wild....I loved the idea of these Cabins before I saw the price per point and the dues....I just cannot justify it....feel like you're better off taking that $11,250 and seeing how far it gets you for Cabin nights over the years - knowing those $12.16 in dues are only going to go up. Four/five years they could be $15+

Am I the only one hoping for an awesome RIV summer incentive ... I've gone full circle on points now. We need 150 direct and I was all about waiting on Poly through the VGF fire sale because VGF just isn't us. We always do a week around Halloween/Wine and Dine so when I heard about CFW and I was intrigued because we are a one bed family and that is the best time at the fort. We have Aulani, AKL, and VDH so I'm used to high dues but that was just too much to justify using them anywhere else besides CFW. I really want the second bathroom in the new Poly 1 beds but I feel like that point chart will be humbling... and now I'm kicking myself for turning my nose up at RIV when it first came out and you could afford direct points :)

Am I the only one hoping for an awesome RIV summer incentive ... I've gone full circle on points now. We need 150 direct and I was all about waiting on Poly through the VGF fire sale because VGF just isn't us. We always do a week around Halloween/Wine and Dine so when I heard about CFW and I was intrigued because we are a one bed family and that is the best time at the fort. We have Aulani, AKL, and VDH so I'm used to high dues but that was just too much to justify using them anywhere else besides CFW. I really want the second bathroom in the new Poly 1 beds but I feel like that point chart will be humbling... and now I'm kicking myself for turning my nose up at RIV when it first came out and you could afford direct points :)
I’m also really hoping they do one last push to sell out RIV before the tower goes live. I think taking RIV out of their actively selling lineup would streamline their sales process a bit too. You’ll have Poly and VDH as the more expensive tier option and CFW and AUL at a better buy in price so there’s a “right” choice for everyone.

Was very surprised this morning when I saw CFW bookable on the site:
Screenshot 2024-02-15 at 5.49.43 AM.png

I don't own, so I didn't try to book, but hopefully owners are able to book online instead of calling!

Full banner image:
wdw_CFW_vignette_1860x180.png

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter