Cabins at Fort Wilderness Points Charts Posted! For Sale and Booking Dates too!

Is the former Reflections site so close to FW that it would struggle to support its own identity? I'm a fan of the WL theme and how it ties into FW but isn't one "Wilderness" lodge enough when there are other themes to draw from. On the recent DVC podcast, Paul had posed the question of what future deluxe hotel themes would add to the diversification of tastes. Seems like a wasted opportunity to add yet another pine tree resort.
Wouldn’t River Country fit in very well to the westward expansion theme? Look at the importance of the Mississippi, Colorado, and numerous other rivers.

Is the former Reflections site so close to FW that it would struggle to support its own identity? I'm a fan of the WL theme and how it ties into FW but isn't one "Wilderness" lodge enough when there are other themes to draw from. On the recent DVC podcast, Paul had posed the question of what future deluxe hotel themes would add to the diversification of tastes. Seems like a wasted opportunity to add yet another pine tree resort.
Yes, the former Reflections site is very close to FW, occupying the site of the former River Country water park that was part of FW. I’ve read that some FW CMs refer to a potential new resort being built there and named “River Country Lodge,” which I would love to see. The site plan for Reflections seemed to include a lazy river, too, which would fit with some kind of river theming.

I think the draw towards “wilderness” is partially that it is the old river county site. I think it is hard (and unwise) to build on it and not acknowledge the history. But I agree some other themes would be good too.

I thought I saw that DVC was only declaring 30 units for using points?

When I looked at availability this morning it was showing 7/26 & 7/29-7/31 had 43 rooms available and 7/27-7/28 had 42.

The other days in July were under 30 available.

The farthest date out I could see was 1/22/25 had 67 rooms.

Do you think they will be declaring more rooms into inventory soon or just another website glitch?
This is really good information. Thank you!

Difference between a tower and a neighborhood. CFW approach sounds more like a developer building a neighborhood as opposed to a tower. Investment is slower for a neighborhood so there is less pressure to offer incentives and sell quickly.

This is really good information. Thank you!

Difference between a tower and a neighborhood. CFW approach sounds more like a developer building a neighborhood as opposed to a tower. Investment is slower for a neighborhood so there is less pressure to offer incentives and sell quickly.
DVD has to declare the inventory for DVC members to use points.

With dues, price per point and incentives lacking I just can’t imagine this selling that fast that they would declare 13 more units less than a month after it opens.

Looking back at Riviera they declared more inventory a month before the resort opened but it had decent sales.
They would have almost have 6 months of sales so it’s possible I suppose

Apologies if anybody has said this before, but this is in the disclosure documents for the Cabins purchase. Just thought it was an interesting call out for a "cancelled" project. Guess they know how we folk are going to speculate . . .

BVTC has reserved the right to associate additional resorts as DVC Resorts or delete existing DVC Resorts from time to time. PURCHASERS should refer to the Public Offering Statement for details concerning the addition or deletion of DVC Resorts. The proposed projects at Reflections – A Disney Lakeside Lodge and Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort in Florida are only possible component sites or accommodations which may never be built or added to the Disney Vacation Club multi-site timeshare plan. Do not purchase an interest in a Disney Vacation Club Resort in reliance upon the addition of these component sites, any new resorts, or additional accommodations. Neither DVD nor any of The TWDC Companies have any obligation to build any additional DVC Resorts or to add additional component sites or accommodations to the Disney Vacation Club. Further, DVD reserves the right to add additional DVC Resorts which may have different reservation rules, benefits, or features than the Assigned Trust Use Plan or existing DVC Resorts and which may adversely affect, restrict, or prohibit Owners of Ownership Interests in the Assigned Trust Use Plan or members in the Club at other DVC Resorts from making reservations at, or accessing the benefits and features of, such additional DVC Resort. Do not purchase an interest in a DVC Resort in reliance upon the addition of new resorts or component sites or in reliance on the ability to make unrestricted reservations at, or having access to the benefits and features of, such new resorts, component sites, or accommodations.

Apologies if anybody has said this before, but this is in the disclosure documents for the Cabins purchase. Just thought it was an interesting call out for a "cancelled" project. Guess they know how we folk are going to speculate . . .

BVTC has reserved the right to associate additional resorts as DVC Resorts or delete existing DVC Resorts from time to time. PURCHASERS should refer to the Public Offering Statement for details concerning the addition or deletion of DVC Resorts. The proposed projects at Reflections – A Disney Lakeside Lodge and Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort in Florida are only possible component sites or accommodations which may never be built or added to the Disney Vacation Club multi-site timeshare plan. Do not purchase an interest in a Disney Vacation Club Resort in reliance upon the addition of these component sites, any new resorts, or additional accommodations. Neither DVD nor any of The TWDC Companies have any obligation to build any additional DVC Resorts or to add additional component sites or accommodations to the Disney Vacation Club. Further, DVD reserves the right to add additional DVC Resorts which may have different reservation rules, benefits, or features than the Assigned Trust Use Plan or existing DVC Resorts and which may adversely affect, restrict, or prohibit Owners of Ownership Interests in the Assigned Trust Use Plan or members in the Club at other DVC Resorts from making reservations at, or accessing the benefits and features of, such additional DVC Resort. Do not purchase an interest in a DVC Resort in reliance upon the addition of new resorts or component sites or in reliance on the ability to make unrestricted reservations at, or having access to the benefits and features of, such new resorts, component sites, or accommodations.
Interesting find. I'm sure this isn't anything as well, but Google Maps hasn't cancelled the project either, apparently.

Attachments

• Reflections Google Maps.png
    Reflections Google Maps.png
    141.2 KB · Views: 8
Found them and it’s definitely that ownership is different in what your deed is attached to.

It is also interesting that DVD is now an LLC and no longer a corporation.

200 points will go pretty far at the cabins, but those dues! Not going away until 2074 either!

Anyway to tell if there were any fixed weeks? I’m guess the 158?
I wouldn't jump to any conclusions over a single day of deeds showing up on the occompt website.
Deeds can take weeks/months from the singing date to show up. For example, someone signs their contract but spreads the payments to their credit card over 3 months. Disney will hold the deed until the final payment. After that final payment, Disney submits the deed to the county.

Does anyone know if CFW has been approved for all states? I thought I saw someone post that guides in California can't discuss the project.

I wouldn't jump to any conclusions over a single day of deeds showing up on the occompt website.
Deeds can take weeks/months from the singing date to show up. For example, someone signs their contract but spreads the payments to their credit card over 3 months. Disney will hold the deed until the final payment. After that final payment, Disney submits the deed to the county.

Does anyone know if CFW has been approved for all states? I thought I saw someone post that guides in California can't discuss the project.
Ahhhh ok. Makes sense! Thanks for clarifying

Found them and it’s definitely that ownership is different in what your deed is attached to.

It is also interesting that DVD is now an LLC and no longer a corporation.
Maybe the county is using some AI technology. If so, a lot of the tiny human error mistakes I mention below may no longer exist.

Thing with the occompt website is the people manually entering the thousands of records do make mistakes. (I can't imagine how boring performing all that repetitive work would be).

• You can enter DISN into the Either Party Name field. This helps when someone accidentally enters the name Disnee. I recommend the Either Party Name field because once in awhile, they flip the Grantee and Grantor field when entering them. (I believe they have someone go back through several days later. I used to download the records day they were recorded and then look at the same data several weeks later and they would fix some issues).
  • Sometimes, the person entering will select the wrong type of record. If I searched only for Deeds, I would sometimes miss sales.
  • I recall seeing is them entering the Legal name for the association wrong. This tends to happen more often for newer associations. When I tracked sales, I would perform an association search. Maybe one in a few thousand records, the person entering the data for the county would not have Disney in there at all. They would accidentally have Marriot or something else in there. (Guessing they had entered a few hundred records for that Grantee.
We are all human and make mistakes. When I tracked sales, I always double and sometimes triple checked. Easy to make mistakes when looking at this information.

Am I the only one hoping for an awesome RIV summer incentive ... I've gone full circle on points now. We need 150 direct and I was all about waiting on Poly through the VGF fire sale because VGF just isn't us. We always do a week around Halloween/Wine and Dine so when I heard about CFW and I was intrigued because we are a one bed family and that is the best time at the fort. We have Aulani, AKL, and VDH so I'm used to high dues but that was just too much to justify using them anywhere else besides CFW. I really want the second bathroom in the new Poly 1 beds but I feel like that point chart will be humbling... and now I'm kicking myself for turning my nose up at RIV when it first came out and you could afford direct points :)
Do you think RIV point charts will be better than Poly? RIV doesn’t have a 1 BR with 2 full bathrooms. If Poly has this (I’m hoping for it) then the point chart might be slightly better than RIV. . It might be in between a 1 BR and 2 BT at RIV. I’m thinking if BLT as a comparison because it has this room layout.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter