California Grill-Brunch at the Top

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by eastendlights, Feb 8, 2017.

1. TeresaNJ

TeresaNJ Full time stay at home crafter!

I also contemplated whether we should keep the reservation, mainly due to the cost, but I'm so glad we did. We just did less table service meals than normal, and more counter service. Keep in mind that I didn't take any pics of the carb offerings, as I can't eat them due to issues with gluten, so there is even more to choose from! My Eggs Benedict came on a gluten free muffin, and the pic of the chocolate bark with sea salt was my sweet offering! We were so stuffed that we had our desserts packed up to go.

atkinstogram likes this.
  2. happymommy

happymommy DIS Veteran

My daughter and I are going on her birthday weekend (in a month - yay), and while I don't eat a lot at one sitting, and she usually can't due to her gastroparesis (she takes meds for it), it looks so lovely! If we can take a few sweets with us to go for later, that is nice!

She and I love eggs benedict; I love seafood so the lobster one sounds yummy!

I love mimosas.

It looks fun & maybe we'll come back for fireworks that night too!

TeresaNJ likes this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. atkinstogram

atkinstogram Mouseketeer

That's kinda the point of a good brunch isn't it? To waddle off afterwards with a feeling of contentment.. The box of sweet stuff is just a bonus.. :)

sunset7132, TeresaNJ and happymommy like this.
  5. happymommy

happymommy DIS Veteran

And then go sit somewhere in the shade with an iced coffee to wake from the food coma!

TeresaNJ and atkinstogram like this.
  6. atkinstogram

atkinstogram Mouseketeer

YES. And if there happen to be handsome young gentlemen upon which to gaze, all the better. :)

Luv2Run and TeresaNJ like this.
  7. ddluvsdisney

ddluvsdisney DIS Veteran

I just wanted to say we ate here in December and it was the highlight of our trip. I couldn't decide on the pumpkin pancakes or lobster eggs Benedict. Our lovely server said try them both!! She said the pancakes were to die for and boy was she right. My DH had the steak and eggs and the frittata. He loved them both.
    He wants to go back in April.

8. ddluvsdisney

ddluvsdisney DIS Veteran

Oh and the unlimited mimosas were a bonus!!!

atkinstogram likes this.
  9. Regan117

Regan117 DIS Veteran

We've done this brunch 3 times now, once today, and it's fantastic. I too prefer the breads moving to the buffet part. Then I can take as many as I want of the stuff I like.

sunset7132 likes this.
  10. sunset7132

sunset7132 DIS Veteran

i notice that about not many reviews on you tube, not recent ones anyways

11. OhThePain

OhThePain DIS Veteran

We have this booked for our trip next month and are looking forward to it, whether we can have multiple entrees or not. If by some insane chance we are still hungry after our entrees, there's always more sushi to be had.

I am sure someone well correct me if I am wrong, but I am pretty sure Narcoossee's stopped their Sunday Brunch.

12. happymommy

happymommy DIS Veteran

Yes, I read Narcoosee’s discontinued their brunch

13. DisneyFirstTimer10

DisneyFirstTimer10 DIS Veteran

Thank you for the pics- these posts are reallllllly helping me to lean towards keeping our reservation. My only hesitation- my son will be 12 and paying $80 for him for brunch makes me cringe......

14. sunset7132

sunset7132 DIS Veteran

oh i guess we wont be trying that one in dec

15. 0sw@ld

0sw@ld The Lucky Rabbit

Looking like we will try to do this in September. Can you return to watch HEA from the observation deck that evening?

sunset7132 likes this.
  16. happymommy

happymommy DIS Veteran

Yes

17. anita46

anita46 DIS Veteran

Just there last Sunday...another wonderful breakfast...its so relaxing and quiet with amazing views all around you...even the food and the buffet is artistic.

If you can eat and relax at the same time this is a must-do. If you are an eat and run type...hmmm not so much. Plan on being there at least 1.5 hours...ours was 2.5 hours....we enjoyed every minute....good food and great conversation.

Also they have a new drink in addition to the mimosa...it was a wine with blue bobo pearls filled with prosecco...that fizzed when popped...I liked it!

18. happymommy

happymommy DIS Veteran

I like the idea of the fun new "mimosa"! I'm keen on trying it in May!

Also glad I got a reservation. It's Memorial Day weekend (we were married on the Saturday of that weekend), so I know that will be a bit busy.

anita46 likes this.
  19. JeninBrant

JeninBrant Earning My Ears

We are going for Easter! Teresa, Thanks for the reviews with pics. Anita46, That new mimosa sounds delicious.

anita46 likes this.
  20. MermaidMommy

MermaidMommy DIS Veteran

21. pigletgirl

pigletgirl Mama to my Minnie Mouse lovin' girl!

It looks soooo good!