Call from guide

Saratoga Filly

Earning My Ears
Just got home today and received a voicemail from my guide. She was letting me know that DVC was going to start selling AKV on Feb 1st. Open only to members who already own DVC. She believes the price will be $101 unless you purchase at least 100 points, then it would be $8 off .

Thanx for the info. I will call my guide February 1st! I hope the charts are published, as I need to know how many to add! :thumbsup2

MG

We haven't received a call from our guide yet and she knows we're interested because I spoke with her last week when we were at VWL. She assured me she'll call as soon as she has something to offer, so by the sound of it, I should be hearing from her soon. I'll post as soon as I hear from her.

Call me a skeptic I guess but I'll need more verification before I believe this one.

The reasons are that this is the OP's second post and it is a rumor. The next is that the guide calls this poster yet nobody else has verified or been contacted. If I was a guide I'd call the heavy hitters like Greenban and others. Why haven't they been called?

I just need more proof than a second post poster.

No offense OP.

I am also going to call my guide tomorrow with this information, How does the point system work if you own at 2 different resorts. I'm assuming you would be able to book 11 months out at either resort but only with the points available for the resort you are booking? Not being able to combine points?

Just got home today and received a voicemail from my guide. She was letting me know that DVC was going to start selling AKV on Feb 1st. Open only to members who already own DVC. She believes the price will be $101 unless you purchase at least 100 points, then it would be $8 off .

And who is your guide?

I am also going to call my guide tomorrow with this information, How does the point system work if you own at 2 different resorts. I'm assuming you would be able to book 11 months out at either resort but only with the points available for the resort you are booking? Not being able to combine points?
That's correct. If you own at different 'home' resorts, you may only use the specific resort's points to reserve at that resort at 11 months. You may not combine points with other home resorts at 11-months

I spoke with my guide on Monday and was told March 1st...then again I decided to not purchase an add on at VAKL and bought VWL instead.

I'm not sure this information is correct. The VAKL permits on the Comptroller's site show the lease to DVD beginning March 5, 2007. I may be wrong (I am a lot!), but I would think they'd have to wait until the lease starts to sell points... :confused3

To the OP:

If you are right about this I'll post an apology thread directly in your honor.

Someone else asked but it wasn't answered, I'll do the same, who is your guide?

Maybe I'll give mine a call for a definitive word.

I will say that while on a recent trip about 3 weeks ago, I spoke to a DVC rep I have seen on several trips, and she gave me the indication that it would be very soon. Now I am not intrested in VAL so it means nothing to me and more points for everyone else... Good luck on your add-ons:wizard:

My guide is #14. She called me, I didn't call her. I was down in Dec. and decided to take a tour (I had bought unseen in March), with some friends. My guide was not there that day, but I met with another guide. I expressed my interest in wanting to buy AKV.Obviously,guide # 2 told my guide #14 I was interested. That's all I know...

Well, I for one hope this is true, and that point charts will be out by February 1 as well.... afterall, how could they offer points for sale without point charts??

Yes, I want to plan a trip LOL....

Call me a skeptic I guess but I'll need more verification before I believe this one.

The reasons are that this is the OP's second post and it is a rumor. The next is that the guide calls this poster yet nobody else has verified or been contacted. If I was a guide I'd call the heavy hitters like Greenban and others. Why haven't they been called?

I just need more proof than a second post poster.

No offense OP.

Shhhh, Dumbo71 don't share this....

I got my first 175 points at AKL last week, and I'm waiting for CRV points (March 2008).

I don't want to get my Guide in trouble, so don't tell anyone else.

Also, I got my AKL points for $82.00 each, with 14,000 developer points (can't be banked or transferred).

I was told only members with more than 3,000 DVC Points or 4+ Member Crusies qualified for this promotion.

-Tony

PLEASE READ MY DISCLAIMER, HINT, HINT!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter