Call from guide

Sauce, I have the " I knew the OP was correct" sauce and was justing waiting for Tony to confirm it. ;)

Sauce, I have the " I knew the OP was correct" sauce and was justing waiting for Tony to confirm it. ;)

I should have known when you didn't question the OP that there was some level of truth to it.

What other sauces you got? Any "I know some other rumors/ soon to become fact sauces?

As you can see I've been a member since 05. After spending close to $3000 for a week at the BC last April, I decided it would be a great investment for our family so we recently purchased 300 points at SSR, I use this sight to gain information and educate myself on DVC and other Disney information, unfortunately I don't average 4.67 posts per day nor do I desire so.
I have no problem challenging anyone on this board to a 2 out of 3 series of ping pong in the rec room at SSR.I'm sure Saratoga Filly and Pinmaniac
would offer the same challenge.popcorn::

As you can see I've been a member since 05. After spending close to $3000 for a week at the BC last April, I decided it would be a great investment for our family so we recently purchased 300 points at SSR, I use this sight to gain information and educate myself on DVC and other Disney information, unfortunately I don't average 4.67 posts per day nor do I desire so.
I have no problem challenging anyone on this board to a 2 out of 3 series of ping pong in the rec room at SSR.I'm sure Saratoga Filly and Pinmaniac

Forget the DVC points, We don't need no stinking DVC points :)

4.67 posts per day, I'm not even half-way there, and most of my posts are fluff. (The good ones don't seem to last too long!)

-Tony

:thumbsup2 to Dumbo71!!!

Character shows best during adversity!

I've got your back, dude! (dudette)

-Tony

dumbo71

True to your word. Admit it, you are excited to hear that Saratoga Filly was right!!!!!

;)

I still have not got a call from my guide.... But then again, we knows that we are anything but big hitters.

Heck, today in the mail, I got my very first postcard rate!!!!:banana: To bad it was for a value.:rotfl2: You know, five years ago, I would have logged onto to this site and bragged about my "code." Who cares if it was for a value resort.

Oh DVC has changed me :love:

Edward

Could my guide be clueless or apathetic? I talked to him at the end of last week. He was saying that he had no idea when the point would come for sale...maybe as late as June.

He just keeps pushing me to buy more BWV, since I only want a small contract. He really is down playing AKV.

I asked if I could be called and he told me that I would get an e-mail from Disney or I would learn about it here.

Heck, today in the mail, I got my very first postcard rate!!!!:banana: To bad it was for a value.:rotfl2:
I got one of those once (prior to becoming a DVC member) and because it only mentioned rates at value resorts, I nearly threw it away. Then I read on the Resorts board that the PIN code on those postcards is not limited to value resorts so I called CRO and got a fantastic rate at YC! I wonder how many people throw those postcards away thinking (as I did) that the code can only be used to book a stay at a value resort?

Okay, this thread is bothering me. I read it last night and believed the OP (I still do). So I called my guide first thing this morning, even before I called my DH at work to say good morning since he leaves before I wake up. My guide told me he was not allowed by law to say anything until Feb 1st. I wonder why some guides are telling current DVC members information and others are not. Oh well. I guess I have to wait even though I am not a very patient person.

Saratoga Filly's husband here. We've been reading the boards for months but never posted. Never had any news to share....until yesterday. Can't explain why we got the the call - a fellow DVcer at work did not get any calls either.

Saratoga Filly's husband here. We've been reading the boards for months but never posted. Never had any news to share....until yesterday. Can't explain why we got the the call - a fellow DVcer at work did not get any calls either.

Don't post your guide's name. They could get in trouble.

While I do not speak for (or even claim to speak for Sammie), my source for this topic, came from waaaaaaaay (okay with the a's rinky?) up the DVC corporate ladder, "Guides, I don't need no stinking Guides."

I would assume Sammie's sources are even higher up.........

-Tony

Ooops and forgot:

Welcome to the DIS Charlie Horse (Filly & Charlie, heck if I need to explain it, it wasn't that funny to begin with, sigh)

Okay, this thread is bothering me. I read it last night and believed the OP (I still do). So I called my guide first thing this morning, even before I called my DH at work to say good morning since he leaves before I wake up. My guide told me he was not allowed by law to say anything until Feb 1st. I wonder why some guides are telling current DVC members information and others are not. Oh well. I guess I have to wait even though I am not a very patient person.

Bingo!!! This is exactly my understanding. I am SHOCKED that this call was made, and that is why I had trouble believing the OP. I think it was not only irresponsible of the guide to make the call, but also possibly illegal. Thanks to the OP for posting the information. Shame on the guide for releasing information if, as has been posted, hasn't apparently even OFFICIALLY been released to the guides themselves. It's possible that the legal starting date has already occurred, but somehow I am skeptical.

dumbo71

True to your word. Admit it, you are excited to hear that Saratoga Filly was right!!!!!

;)

I am actually VERY excited. I'm already trying to sell my wife on this. I thought she'd be trying to twist my arm.

This is one time I'm very glad to "eat crow".:thumbsup2

Thanks Greenban and all others for the support.

Why Saratoga Filly and Pinmaniac are good at ping pong?? Maybe you should all have that in your signature line so we know who we are dealing with.

When I stay at SSR I'll have to look you up. I could use a good beating.

I doubted Saratoga Fily in another thread that the poster stated that AKV points would go on sale Feb 1st. It has now been substantiated by what I consider a reliable source.

Welcome to the club SF and now it your turn to doubt us!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also thank you for the information. What else do you have for us?

Once again, I apologize.:love1:

Cut me off a piece of that crow dude. I will help you eat some of it. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter