Call from guide

I spoke with my guide to do an add-on at BWV as well as to inquire about AKV yesterday and he stated basically the same thing that the op posted. He said points on sale Feb 1st with a price of $101 per point, and thought that there would be a discount of $5 to $8 per point but wasn't positive. He had just gotten out of a presentation to all of the guides on AKV where in his words they were shown a ton of slides about AKV. He expected information to be mailed out now to members and that the initial sales would only be open to current members.

I was given 400 points with the understanding that I could only rent them to non members for $11 a point as a promotion for the new renters only discounted point being marketed to commercial members. ;)

Disclaimer: no offense to anyone this might seem to be directed to.

Heavy hitters here might not be a heavy hitter in the eyes of DVC. My point is this unless you know these people personally, the OP might be as big a hitter as the beloved Greenban.

If the OP asked to be contacted then that is between her and her guide. Joking aside, Tony have you asked to be contacted by your guide about AKV?

Disclaimer: no offense to anyone this might seem to be directed to.

Heavy hitters here might not be a heavy hitter in the eyes of DVC. My point is this unless you know these people personally, the OP might be as big a hitter as the beloved Greenban.

If the OP asked to be contacted then that is between her and her guide. Joking aside, Tony have you asked to be contacted by your guide about AKV?

Okay Sammie, since it is 2007 and you're asking the question.... Here is a totally serious answer.

I asked my guide, (THE WONDERFUL!) Kelli Jo, to 'sell' me 250 CRV points as soon as they are announced (back when we thought the CRV might be first then the VAKL, then the GC).

Since the AKL became the forerunner, she now has a standing order for 250 points there, as soon as selling is allowed, and 250 as soon as/if CRV starts selling, and 250 if/when the GC starts selling. She already has my Disney Visa on file for the down payment.

-Tony

Now back to my normally, abnormal personality.

Shhhh, Dumbo71 don't share this....

I got my first 175 points at AKL last week, and I'm waiting for CRV points (March 2008).

I don't want to get my Guide in trouble, so don't tell anyone else.

Also, I got my AKL points for $82.00 each, with 14,000 developer points (can't be banked or transferred).

I was told only members with more than 3,000 DVC Points or 4+ Member Crusies qualified for this promotion.

-Tony

PLEASE READ MY DISCLAIMER, HINT, HINT!

You see, I knew Tony would get the call.:rotfl:

You see, I knew Tony would get the call.:rotfl:

Understood and I am sure he will, as will others. And very possible that Tony already knows the price and when they will actually charge his Disney Visa for the AKV, but then Tony and I both know if you out your sources they go dry. ;)

So my point is again, that just because some of our veterans have not posted the info the OP shared does not mean it is not true.

I did speak with my guide today and he confirmed that on Feb 1st points will be available to existing members, He could not give me any more as to cost or promos but did say it wouldn't be as good as the one SSR just had. In March or soon thereafter they will be available to the general public.
So we'll see what happens on the 1st.popcorn::

Ok, that's it. Between Saratoga Filly, Pinmaniac, and barlitz they are well over 100 posts and should be taken seriously... I believe they speak the truth. Actually, I believed the OP to start with.

Dear Disdaydream and Sammie,
Thanks for believing. Just because I'm a newbie doesn't mean I'm not correct. I would be skeptical too, but some of you veterans take this too seriously. Ripping apart a new poster isn't a good way to keep this board going. And no ... I'm not a heavy hitter...I'm just one DVCer who owns 150 pts at Saratoga. Why I had a call from my guide before you did I will not know. Hopefully your phones will be ringing off the hook with the info I posted.

Don't take it too seriously, everyone has to start somewhere post wise. Stick around and you can doubt them as much as they doubted you. ;)

Understood and I am sure he will, as will others. And very possible that Tony already knows the price and when they will actually charge his Disney Visa for the AKV, but then Tony and I both know if you out your sources they go dry. ;)

So my point is again, that just because some of our veterans have not posted the info the OP shared does not mean it is not true.

OKAY, OKAY:

I just checked with my source, and he said I could release the following:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1338337

BTW, the original poster was correct! Good job Saratoga Filly!

-Tony

-Tony

Since the AKL became the forerunner, she now has a standing order for 250 points there, as soon as selling is allowed, and 250 as soon as/if CRV starts selling, and 250 if/when the GC starts selling. She already has my Disney Visa on file for the down payment.

Crap man. Have you ever considered an international adoption? Ie. Me!!!! I'll sing the show tunes.

Seriously, it's nice to hear about others' point totals/abilities. Nice. Enjoy those Tony.

Dear Disdaydream and Sammie,
Thanks for believing. Just because I'm a newbie doesn't mean I'm not correct. I would be skeptical too, but some of you veterans take this too seriously. Ripping apart a new poster isn't a good way to keep this board going. And no ... I'm not a heavy hitter...I'm just one DVCer who owns 150 pts at Saratoga. Why I had a call from my guide before you did I will not know. Hopefully your phones will be ringing off the hook with the info I posted.

Thanks for the information Saratoga Filly. It was an exciting thread to click on. Can't wait to tour the model suites. And dream!!!!

All the best,

Lisa

Just got home today and received a voicemail from my guide. She was letting me know that DVC was going to start selling AKV on Feb 1st. Open only to members who already own DVC. She believes the price will be $101 unless you purchase at least 100 points, then it would be $8 off .

Hmmm... According to Tony, on another thread, you're right about this. You must feel the sunlight hitting your face now :thumbsup2: Welcome to the club... please post more.

Wonder if Dumbo needs some sauce for that crow he is going to have to eat. :lmao:

Wonder if Dumbo needs some sauce for that crow he is going to have to eat. :lmao:

I could use some sauce actually. :lmao: What type do you have? Any Up yours hot sauce or the very special you look like a fool marinade?:goodvibes

OP, I owe you a thread with an apology.

My doubting you wasn't a personal attack ,I hope you didn't take it that way. I haven't been here long but you wouldn't believe the number of rumors started here. Over time you'll see what I mean. You tend to become skeptical after the first 50 rumors don't materialize.

My heavy hitter thing was a joke. Apparently that was "lost in translation."

Many others in this thread owe you an apology as well. I certainly wasn't the only doubter.

Congratulations Greenban on acquiring another 250. Where will that leave you?

Welcome to the Dis, OP!!!!!!!!!!!! Look for the thread on the Misc. board.:thumbsup2

I doubted Saratoga Fily in another thread that the poster stated that AKV points would go on sale Feb 1st. It has now been substantiated by what I consider a reliable source.

Welcome to the club SF and now it your turn to doubt us!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also thank you for the information. What else do you have for us?

Once again, I apologize.:love1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter