Calling All 8/19/06 Special Western Cruisers! AKA "The Cruisin' Castaways"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Darlene - you may rethink your offer to sit next to my kids after you have to eat dinner with them for 14 nights on the repo cruise - LOL

I checked my SW ressie online and it doesnt specify anything about adults vs children. and I dont remember putting any ages in so hopefully I will be ok - otherwise I will have to show up at the airport 3 hours early and beg for an "A" boarding pass - LOL

winnyis said:
Andy - you mentioned Angelina has a youth ticket so you couldnt check in online with Southwest. How did they distinguish her as a youth. When I went online and bought my families tickets for PHL-LAX for the repo cruise they only asked how many passengers total. Now Im concerned that I may not be able to check in online and I would hate not to be able to sit next to my kids on a 6 hour flight to CA. And I seriously doubt that any stranger would want to sit next to my PITA 6 year old for the flight either - LOL.
Ive never flown Southwest before and am a little concerned with this cattle call boarding procedure but for $79 a person to LAX - I figured I would take a chance.

As far as a DIS meet - April 24th is no good for me - Its Connors birthday. April 23rd is a possibility - right now no plans on the calendar.

This is our first time flying with Southwest, I found out quite a bit today that I don't really care for, might be our last time flying Southwest as well. We're heading to the airport in a few minutes so we can get our boarding passes. I didn't know about the cattle boarding until just a few minutes ago. I had Hazel call Southwest as we were on our way home from dropping Midnight and Stefani off. I didn't even know Southwest didn't have First Class seating until this morning either. We had bought these tickets to use back in November, but transferred then for this trip. Live and Learn!!!

We're parking our car in the Economy parking lot, $8.00 per day, still cheaper than using Rapid Rover, and our car will be there when we arrive home Sunday afternoon.

Gotta Run!!! :moped:

GINNY
You have no idea how much I am looking forward to the cruise!!!
I keep telling myself we HAVE to go because we are already linked for dinner. I know Sandra and the kids will have so much fun. And ANY of them are welcome to sit next to me...WARNING...I am a bread hog.
Darlene

Hey everyone :wave:
this is Lindz again Bev's dd... just tryin 2 help ya make it to 200 pages i say by the 24th you guyz will have 200 pages ... i just got home from school yayies go seniors NEHS 164 class of 2005... ok im out cya later

Lindz
princess:

Hi Everybody,My DW,DD11,& DS6 and I just booked this cruise and it is amazing to see so many of you going.We were on the Wonder in Feb.and the ship couldn't dock at Castaway Cay because of the wind.We are really looking forward getting there this time. :rotfl:

rotty said:
Hi Everybody,My DW,DD11,& DS6 and I just booked this cruise and it is amazing to see so many of you going.We were on the Wonder in Feb.and the ship couldn't dock at Castaway Cay because of the wind.We are really looking forward getting there this time. :rotfl:

Hi, Welcome aboard. and welcome to the DisBoards.

Ed

rotty Hi Everybody,My DW,DD11,& DS6 and I just booked this cruise and it is amazing to see so many of you going.We were on the Wonder in Feb.and the ship couldn't dock at Castaway Cay because of the wind.We are really looking forward getting there this time.

Welcome to you and your family :wave2: ! Sorry you had to miss CC on your last cruise. This trip we will have 2 chances...pretty good odds :rolleyes:

Ed - I DO get easily confused :confused3 ....i get it from my mom :rotfl2: No matter how you got it, I am happy you were able to extend the trip. I guess the savings will help cover Caitlin's shopping. :rolleyes1

Darlene - I am sorry to hear Stan is having a bad day. Each day will get better. My friend would have a schedule down pat to know when her husband would be up for things and when he wouldn't. It was good that you had a nice time at the wedding. I am sure it was good for him to make you smile. Where was the reception? Need to keep a list for when my dd gets married. :earseek: . Thank you for your well wished, Nick is doing better but, has a long way to go. To top it off I called my other good friend last night and her 1 yr old was taken to the hospital via ambulance! He had been sick for a few days, but yest. she had a hard time waking him. She called today and he has the Roto Virus. I guess it was just worse for him. She hopes he will be realeased tom. I am truly afraid to answer my phone anymore!

Hi everyone :wave2:

Welcome, rotty! Where in MA are you? There are quite a few of us New Englanders going on this cruise :)

Ok, regarding the get-togethers:

I will be in NJ from Monday April 18, until Sunday, April 24th. I will drive home on that Sunday, but I can stay until early afternoon, if we do a brunch again.

So, why doesn't everyone pick the day that is better for them and post it here? If there are a lot of people who can only go on either Saturday OR Sunday, then maybe we can do 2 meets so no one is left out who wants to meet up. :)

Doreen, did you say that Karen would be able to go on one of those days?? (I might have read wrong, but I think said she'll be bringing the kids up or something??) :confused3

IN ADDITION TO NJ: Who would like a New England meet? Maybe here in Massachusetts?? Since it'd be local for us, we can pick a weekend that is good for all of us. I live about a half hour south of Boston, where is everyone else? We can pick someplace that is convenient for all of us :)

Darlene: I'm so sorry that Stan isn't feeling as well right now :( What a wonderful man he is though, to dance with you when he's feeling weak. Please give him a gentle hug from me :)

Andy, Hazel, and Angelina: Have a wonderful trip! :sunny:

I do not mean to leave anyone out. I just don't have a chance right now to read back and reply to everything. :guilty: I have been reading the posts though, and I'm sending everyone with sick loved ones lots of prayers.

Hey Guys

Will pop on later and have a good read on the posts and a natter but I just wanted to share something nice with you:

You may remember that I had to get in touch with a friend of mine at DCL concerning one of my earlier questions for the quiz I am hosting on the UK community board, for confirmation of one of the answers. Well I explained to him, why I was enquiring and told him all about the quiz, and how the top 3 or possibly more in my case win a little prize. He thought it was a great idea and wished me all the best.

Anyway woke up this morning and the postman delivered me a package with the DCL logo on the front, very excited I opened it up and inside there was a small note thanking me for taking the time to contact him over my enquiry,and for my trouble he would like me to accept a small gift for myself and my daughter. I had a beautiful photoframe with the Disney ship on it,and a Disney Calender and my daughter had a Disney calender.

He also enclosed the latest copy of the DCL planning dvd which I am going to watch later on.

Hey maybe if I ask him another one, he could get me into Walts Suite when I go next year

How nice was that, I was thrilled to bits.
Just thought I would let you all know.

Speak Later

Sue :wave:

Sue,

What a wonderfull surprise.

It nice when something Margical disney style happens :cool1: :Pinkbounc

mikayla'sMom said:
Ed - I DO get easily confused :confused3 ....i get it from my mom :rotfl2: No matter how you got it, I am happy you were able to extend the trip. I guess the savings will help cover Caitlin's shopping. :rolleyes1
!

With the pace of this board, its very easy to get confused,

we're from Oxford a little south of Worcester - Id prefer not to have to drive into Boston - south of Boston would be ok - where's everyone else?

HEATHER
The wedding reception was at the Newark Club. Absolutely top-notch. Can't say much for the area surrounding it but we stayed at the Hilton and that was nice too. You have quite some time before you plan a wedding for DD. I know I already have ideas for Sandy and she is only 7. LOL What do you think of a WDW wedding? My friend had her son's wedding there this year and another son's next year. She raved about it.

TERRY
I'm not certain I can make either day for bruch, but I will sure try.

SUE
That is why I love Disney. The unexpected Magic! Enjoy your treats.

Darlene

rotty said:

Welcome Aboard !! :wave: Sorry you didn't make it to Castaway. It will even make it twice as special this time around.

Sue: How nice to get something in the mail and it wasn't even a bill. :flower:

Terry: Chuck is in Rhode Island and right after Easter he leaves for Vegas. Will try to :chat: with him about the meet. I know Sunday is out for us. The kids are off during the week. Is anyone up for during the week??

:wave: Welcome Rotty! :wave:

No big news here. Other than for some reason the early bus run was cancelled from school tonight :confused3 only late bus (activity) so I had a BUNCH of boys to take home tonight. :moped: :moped: :moped: :moped:

Have a good one all! Mary

Welcome ROTTY.. to you and your family.. Does that mean you have a ROTTY?? we have one,, and she is such a baby,,,

TERRY,.. Karen can make it better on the SUNDAY.. when she brings DANIEL back home and so can my mom and her DH.

Well, add me to the sick list.Went to the Dr for another problem today and I ended up being dx with Pnemonia again... When will this stuff leave us.. THANK GOODNESS KAREN IS STILL HERE :goodvibes She did all my chasing around fro me tonight with the kids and will bring Jaclyn home tongight at 9 after the school phone-a-thon... She leaves for home at 4am :guilty:

Darlene.. STAN is so romantc for you.. even so ill .. he shows you his love for you...

GINNY.. CONNOR is another product of those hot SUMMER NIGHTS :banana:

Jaclyn is the 14 and Daniel is the 29...

how many pages do we have now??
Doreen

Doreen - you are right Connor is the product of a hot summer night. Actually he is a UPS strike baby. When we were trying to conceive him was right in the middle of a UPS strike in August 97. Since Bob is management he was working 15-16 hours a day and the poor guy came home exhausted and then I made him perform. He did well... First month trying we got Connor.

hey Everyone...

We are gone a month or two and..WOW...Alot of people to get to know.. :chat:

We are looking forward to this cruise so much, We booked october 29th of this year.....What the Heck..hehe

We even got the same cabin as our last cruise..8586..Im psyched...

No way I can convince anyone to come along in October is there?.... :rolleyes1

Glad to see for the most Part Everyone is doing well...We have missed everyone of you...

Looking forward to the Next cruise meet...

Bobby And Cindy

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter