• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Calling All 8/19/06 Special Western Cruisers! AKA "The Cruisin' Castaways"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Andy, glad you are safe and sound. That was some bad weather. Hopefully a bad start means all :sunny: for the rest of the trip.

Hi. :wave2:

Me Bev's dd Lindz again... i am a huge wrestling fan and my favorite wrestler is John Cena. he's the man. so for anyone who lives in either Long Island or CT. i have a question to ask... if you don't mind could you please get me an autograph and picture. if theres any one who could i would appreciate is sooooooooooooooo much..

John will be signing autographs from 6 to 8 PM at New York SportsWorks at the Sunrise Mall in Massapequa, Long Island, NY. For more information, please call (516) 541-4475.
John will be signing autographs from 1 to 3 PM at K&M All Star Sports at the Norwich Mall in Norwich, CT. For more info call 860-887-6200.

Thanx. Lindz princess:

So Andy - how was Southwest? Did you have any problems getting seats together since you couldnt check in online?

Hi everyone, :wave:

Hi. It's me, Bev, Lindz's mom. LOL. I see she's been posting and trying to get to 200 pages by tomorrow.

Where's all the other kids/teens??

Well, I survived the endoscopy. :banana: Thanks for all the :wizard: It was quick and when I got up to leave, I couldn't figure out why the ship was rocking - then I realized it was me. :teeth: I'll have the results from the biopsies in about 2 weeks. I'm not going to think about it - only thinking about the cruise.

It's been pouring :umbrella: out all day. At least rain is better than snow.

After we hit 200, what's next :confused3 . How about 500 pages by August 19, 2005?? Anyone up for the challenge??

Bev ::MickeyMo

mickeymom923 said:
Hi everyone, :wave:

Hi. It's me, Bev, Lindz's mom. LOL. I see she's been posting and trying to get to 200 pages by tomorrow.

Where's all the other kids/teens??

Well, I survived the endoscopy. :banana: Thanks for all the :wizard: It was quick and when I got up to leave, I couldn't figure out why the ship was rocking - then I realized it was me. :teeth: I'll have the results from the biopsies in about 2 weeks. I'm not going to think about it - only thinking about the cruise.

It's been pouring :umbrella: out all day. At least rain is better than snow.

After we hit 200, what's next :confused3 . How about 500 pages by August 19, 2005?? Anyone up for the challenge??

Glad it was quick. Hope it wasn't as bad as you thought it was going to be. Feel better soon. I am up for the challenge. :cheer2:

Can we do it? Only 4 more pages to 200. :banana: Can we do it by tomorrow?

500 pages by August 19th, 2005 ??

How many by the cruise?

:wave2: Hi All,

We just arrived home after spending the afternoon swimming at De Leon Springs (water temp 72 degrees). While swimming we found out that 25 million gallons of water a day comes out of this spring. I took a few photos today while we were there and will be adding the photos to my webshots account after we return home. The afternoon was overcast with a few rumblings of thunder in the distance, but all in all, we had a very relaxing time.

Yesterday, we left for the airport at 12:15 and arrived at 12:35, went to the economy parking area where we were first told that the parking lot was FULL. A few seconds later a second lot attendant came and told us to go all the way to the very back of the lot to the restricted area where the buses turn around. It took me almost as long to get back there as it took to get from my house to the airport, LOL!!!. Once we parked, we only had about a ten minute wait for the shuttle bus to take us to Terminal "E" where we went to check in for our flight. We arrived at the Southwest counter at 1:10 and were checked in by 1:15, we were placed in Group "B" for boarding. Our flight was scheduled to leave at 5:10, so getting there four hours ahead of time paid off for us.

We went to our gate area and sat around until about 4pm when I made my way over to our gate and planted myself down as the first family to board under the Group "B" sign. Our plane started boarding around 4:30 with the Pre-boarding group first, followed by Group "A", then I led the Group "B" charge!!! I was able to get all three of us together in row 8 seats D, E, and F. The plane was fully loaded and the doors were shut at 5:00, it was looking real good for our 5:10 departure time, "THEN" the announcement came from the captain, "Due to severe thunderstorms off the Southeast states of South Carolina and Georgia, are flight has been delayed in leaving the gate for 30 minutes. After about 40 minutes had past the captain came back on and said, "We are now clear to depart the gate area." A loud thundering applause was heard throughout the aircraft. Once pulling away from the gate, it was another 30 minutes before we were actually airborne, there were quite a few planes ahead of us waiting to take off. We were due in Orlando at 7:45 but actually landed at 8:20.

We stopped at a Denny's off of I-4 to get something to eat because we hadn't eaten since arriving at the airport in Philly earlier in the day. I think it was almost midnight before we finally made it here to my mom's.

All in all, it wasn't that bad flying with Southwest, I just didn't like the fact that I didn't have seat assignments before boarding the plane. I saw one family of six come in with the Group "C" boarding passes and they were placed all over the aircraft. I just don't think we will book with them again after our flight home this Sunday.

I guess that's about it for now, not sure what is in store for tomorrow, we're taking this trip, moment by moment and really enjoying ourselves!!!

Later Gator!!!

Andy,

Hope you have a WONDERful time. Wish I was there :sunny: instead of here :umbrella: .

mickeymom923 said:
Andy,

Hope you have a WONDERful time. Wish I was there :sunny: instead of here :umbrella: .

Bev--and I'm glad I'm here, instead of there!!! LOL!!! :rotfl: :rotfl2: :rotfl:

Andy: It is snowing here right now !! We are expecting around 1-3 inches. Enjoy the rest of your trip. :sunny: Thanks for your report on Southwest I keep that in mind for the future.

Who is going to be the person that hits the 200th page............ :cool1:

Bev: I am glad it was quick for you. Why did they have to do this test are you having problems? You probably already wrote about this and I missed it. These pages are moving quickly.

Andy: I am sorry for your delay. It is really horrible when you have to sit on that plane and just wait forever to leave.

Lyn

BEV
I'm so glad you got through the endo ok. Keep thinking positive, atta' girl. Your cruise is right around the corner. :flower:
Darlene

Andy - glad to hear your family wasnt split up. I will follow you lead and also get to the airport really really early if for some reason I cant check in online at midnight. Have a great vacation!

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. As it stands now, it looks like they all will be answered.

I did finally get in touch with DH in Mexico. I think that I worried his assistant, his boss and his boss' assistant when I called the office trying to track him down. He had several meesages from them saying that he needed to call in. And he finally did. He wound up finishing his trip, as we didn't think that he could do anything but pray for his brother.

To make a very long story short, my dad is passing the blockage without surgery (yay!!). He said that he has never been so excited to have a B.M. in his life. His doctor told him that he is just full of ****. Hopefully, he will be released tomorrow morning and will recuperate at home until next week.

For DBIL, he too seems like everything will be O.K. The doctors think that he developed the blod clot in his leg from his trip home from Paris and it broke apart and parts of it moved to his lungs. He was moved from ICU yesterday and will be taking blood thinners for up to one year. He hopefully will be able to go home by the end of the week and will be on bed rest at home for 2 - 3 weeks. As in, get up for the bathroom and that's about it. It will be very difficult for him as he is definitely not one to sit around and loaf. I think that this has really been a wakeup call for him, his wife, my DH and I and my in-laws. Life really is precious and all can be taken from you in a heartbeat.

DH arrived home safely this afternoon from his trip. I can truly say that I have never been so glad to have him home as I did this week.

Again, I thank you all for listening to me rant. My heartfelt thanks for all of the prayers and words of encouragement.

Now, onward to 200 pages!

Denise

I feel so sorry for you people up there in the cold and snow :cold: while I am sitting here with the central air on in shorts and a t-shirt. Did I mention that it was quite warm today, even with the rain that went though earlier this morning? No snow in sight around here, what is snow anyway people? :rotfl2: Am I being bad or what? :confused3

Angelina just reminded me that vacation swap is coming on in a few minutes, I'm not about to swap this vacation, that's for sure!!!!!

Talk to you later. :wave2:

Andy: you are soooo bad! We are expecting up to 10 inches of the white stuff tonight. I'll be thinking of you in sunny Florida!

Denise: happy to hear all is working out for you & your family! Take care!

Bev: glad to hear your procedure is over & done with!

To everyone else...Hope all is well!

Diane

Terry... tell Craig HAPPY BIRTHDAY :bday: I hope he celebrated it in a GRAND WAY!!

Karen went back home.. She was so helpful to me last night. I slept from 615 until 11pm...woke with a 102.4 fever.. I didnt even give the kids a good night kiss.. Boy was I sick.. :cold:
Thank you for all the well wishes..If anyone wants my ILLNESSes. please feel free to take them.. working in a elementary school is awful.... :teacher:

Ginny.. I have 2 APRIL babies too.. My bday is in JULy,, go figure,,lol

HEATHER.. I am so sorry about NICHOLAs.. prayers to him and his family..

MARY.. so glad your dad and BIL are healing nicely.. and your husband is back home. :flower:

ED.. somewhere I think i said the 27th for our 200th... but that was said a few days ago ,, so I am not sure that counts.. :banana:

Bobby, if you pay for the cruise.... I am game,,lol other wise... no way.. Trust me i would love to and according to LYNN... I do need a vacation. :goodvibes

ANDY,,, you cant write to us anymore while your gone.. you are making us jealous.. As I came to bed it was snowing.. unless TINA just sneezed again... :bitelip: But serioulsy,glad you had a safe trip down there ... and enjoy the RAIN... :umbrella:

LINDA>>>> YOU FELL OFF THE SHIP????PLEASE EXPLAIN :rolleyes:

Doreen

Andy: Not nice........ :smooth: Enjoy it why you can is what I say because you do have to come back you know. :teeth:

Doreen: No sneezing here. We also gots LOTS of the white stuff. I have really had enough of it. :cold: Are you getting rest during the day? :wizard:

Denise: Glad your DH is home and family is doing better. :cheer2:

Heather: More Prayers and thoughts for Nicholas. :grouphug:

Sue: How are you? :wave:

Tina, The kids are home from school now till Tuesday.. thats means driving around.. I but the KABASH on JACLYNS mall excursion for the AM..lol
My husband is bascially usless when it comes to taking the kids to a place other than the SCHOOL,,,lol its always " ASK YOUR MOM". I could be sound asleep... and they wake me..

Go figure....I am wheezing now so I better get to sleep.. it will be a loooonnggg night. ANDY.. can I come down to visit your mom so
I can get better please?? :teeth: I am a retired RN so I can take care of her for my keep... I come with great refrences,,,lol :goodvibes

NIGHT everyone...
Doreen

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter