Calling All 8/19/06 Special Western Cruisers! AKA "The Cruisin' Castaways"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Carol - I added you to the list. May I include any names & DD's age?

MECH8T7 - Welcome to the 8/19! Many of us here were on the 8/28 cruise this year and even though it is hot, it's not unbearable. We had a fabulous time on DCL and this is one fantastic group of people. We had great DIS meets and are all very fond of each other! We enjoyed Costa Maya very much although we didn't do any excursions so others will be able to help you better. We thought there was plenty do to on the ship both on at seas days and port days too! One of the highlights of our trip was CC and to be able to go twice is awesome! Would you like me to include you on the list. If so, need to know your sailing party. DH, DW, DD etc. and include names and ages of kids if you'd like! Welcome again!

-Mary Rose

Mary Rose:

When I checked the boards this morning I was surprised to see how many posts were complaining about the high rates for 2006.

We were waiting to book a cruise in late August just before Catherine (DSD 11 - Darling Step-Daughter) goes back to school.

Out of curiousity, I wanted to see how bad the rates were. I was very surprised to hear what a difference there was between the 8/12 and the 8/19, which is why I immediately started this thread to let everyone know how cheap the 8/19 "special" cruise was.

Jeff

Jeff - I have to agree about the rates. Usually rates don't drop in Aug until the last week. In 2006, it appears they drop for 8/19. Great news for all of us!!! I guess everyone will catch on soon enough. We already have 50 people on our list and it's only the first day.

Love the pictures of your family!!

-Mary Rose

Thanks for the warm welcome. Dori (Elliotfan) works in the same office as my husband and I do. She sits across the aisle from him. She'll have to come over to my desk to talk about this cruise since my husband doesn't know about it yet. It will be interesting trying to keep it quiet until next year. I look forward to meeting you in August, Ginny.

I vicariously "lived" the 8/28 cruise knowing that Dori was on it. I closely watched the itinerary changes and hurricane status. I was jealous when she wasn't back to work as scheduled. Sounds like you had a great time despite the weather. I don't know how I am going to wait for 11 months for my first cruise. This forum has convinced me that we will have a great time.

disneycrazzzy

Originally posted by O'BWV
Jeff - I have to agree about the rates. Usually rates don't drop in Aug until the last week. In 2006, it appears they drop for 8/19. Great news for all of us!!! I guess everyone will catch on soon enough. We already have 50 people on our list and it's only the first day.

-Mary Rose

I hope you don't mind adding us to that list!!! This is our names & ages at time of cruise. DH: Mike 41, Me: Diane 42, DD: Taylor 12, DS Cade 9.

This will be our second cruise on the Magic. First time on the Western & sooooo excited about 2 stops at Castaway Cay!!!

Good morning! :sunny: And Welcome to all of you!!! :wave2:

I was the official Weekly Countdown person on our Aug 28th cruise, does anyone want the position for this cruise? If not, then I'd be happy to do that again. Let me know! :)

allshookup: Where in MA do you live? We live on the southshore, about a half hour south of Boston.

GOOD MORNING ALL and WELCOME to all cruisers that joined this thread since I went to bed last night. Seems like a great group already.

Terry...The job is yours, as far as I'm concerned.

I enjoyed Costa Maya and Cozumel is a favorite of mine also.

CC in my opinion is like I imagine Bermuda to be. You dock by beach and have the ship as your beach hotel. Clear calm waters.

Joanna

Welcome Diane & family! I have added you to our cruise list on page 1! I am also very excited about two CC stops. CC always makes me feel like I'm on a private beach with about 2300 of my closest friends LOL!

Terry - I second Joanna! Please be the Weekly Countdown person for this cruise too. Thanks!

-Mary Rose

Good Morning Everybody!!!

Reenieny is out this am so I get the chance to write. I can't believe how many people are going already. What a reunion it will be!!!! I am looking forward to CC and the Cabana Massage!!! It is wonderful an now going there twice I might have to think about getting two massages!!!! I am game for a group catamaran excursion. It should be a blast!!! I hope we can all meet sometime between now and then. How many days is it????
I am still going thru withdrawel!!!(How long will this last) I just may have to book a 3 or 4 nite in January!!!!!:wave2: ::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo :Pinkbounc

Terry I 3rd it, the job is yours!:hyper: I am so excited! I told the kids yesterday when they got home from school that it will be 2 days at CC and Costa Maya, they were so happy.
Joanna what room did you get??
Mary Rose are we doing smoothies again?? Ginny and i are on the same floor. HIDE THE ICE!!!

Welcome all you new people. You will have a ball... Allshookup and Disneycrazzy welcome... how can you hide it for 2 yrs??lol BUDDYBEAR your children are beautiful..:goodvibes

You will see we are a bunch of friendly people.. we are planning reunions and will truly have lasting friendships. as you can see since we are rebooking with each other again,,lol
Karen,, I see your game,,lol 2 masages, thats like 2-3 PALOS reservations,,lol(HEHEHE).

Bobby can you make magnets again??

Doreen:wave:

We've taken Disney cruises every year since they have started. Looking forward to next year's Mexico cruise and now I'm already getting anxious for 2006!!!!! Two days at CC - yippeee!

We are booked for Cabin 5020, next to someone else who
responded here - tell me, do any of you have boys that will be 14 at the time? We have a very shy boy (until you get to know
him!!!) and would like him to hang out in The Stack during
our 7 days.

We have met very nice people on the DIS boards and then
on the ship - I hope we can keep this thread going, even though it is TWO YEARS away. Let's all keep in touch.
We are from PA, Kutztown, in fact, saw alot of people from NY
(met some great people from Rochester this year).There will be me (if you think I'm going to list MY age, you got another thought coming), DH (he'll kill me if i list his age), our DS will be 14, and
we have another DS who would be 20, not sure that he will travel with us, although he LOVES these cruises.

Good Morning Again Everyone:wave2:

Is anyone from our group going on one of the cruises before Christmas???? I have a favor to ask????:D :) ::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo

Welcome lwilliam & family! I have added you to our list and added you DS (20) with a ?. Our DS will be 13 1/2 during of 2006 cruise, Doreen's DS (Reeniey18) will be 13 also and Joanna's (Mjsap) DD will be 14. Maybe they all will go to the stack. My DD age 14 for this past cruise, wasn't all that interested in the Stack, but my DS has a very different disposition then my DD, so I think he's more likely to try the Stack, but honestly, who the heck knows! The one thing I do know is that you can't predict these things! LOL. Since my DD is shy I decided that I'm going to get her more involved in the DIS as this cruise approaches. I see teen threads where the kids starting talking even before their onboard. I think that could help my DD, maybe your DS also.

Karen - Don't I WISH I was going back before Christmas! LOL!

-Mary Rose

Mary Rose:wave2:

Thanks for the reply. I want to purchase something from Treasure Ketch but i can't do it thru Disney Merchandise. They suggested that if I knew someone was going they could purchase for me.
I am still inquiring if someone is going!!!:Pinkbounc

Hi I am your neighbor. I am in 5022. My kids will only be 8 & 11 when we cruise so that doesnt help with your son.. but trust me.. we had an AWESOME bunch of cruisers on 8/28 and since many are going again.. your son will have no problem finding other kids to hang with.

I wonder who is next to me in 5024....Hopefully another Dis'er.

Ginny

Hi All,
Ok before I totally freak out, lwilliam, are you sure you have 5020 because I just checked my reservation from DU and it says I have 5020. I just want to be sure before I e-mail them. Please let me know. I almost had a heart attack when I read your message.
Thanks,
Caren

Okay, I'm in! But still shaking from the impulsivity of my ressies! It's me, DH, and DSs who will be 9,9 and 13 (almost 14). lwilliam, my oldest would love to email your son about cruising! We're going in Nov, and he wishes he could hang out in the stack (but I know he will love the lab too).

DH was NOT happy with my spontaneous ressie, but after our Nov cruise, I'm sure he'll catch the fever!

With all of us going, we should cancel our ressies and re-book at a group rate!!!::yes::

Can my brain handle two more years of obsessing???:crazy:

Originally posted by disneycrazzzy
I booked the 8/19 cruise today without telling my husband. Now I just need to hide the $1000 deposit on our credit card bill and the itinerary when it comes in the mail.
disneycrazzzy

Hey Anna,

How much are you going to bribe me not to tell Curtis? LOL

Dori :teeth:

it is 5024
I totally apologize!
we will be in cabin 5024, not what i said
sorry.:(

My son Devin will be 14 for this cruise. Maybe we can get the boys in touch with each other beforehand. I know that Devin would appreciate making friends with a couple of the other boys before this next cruise. Unfortunately, I joined the DISboard too late for that to occur for this last one.

Dori

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter