Calling All 8/19/06 Special Western Cruisers! AKA "The Cruisin' Castaways"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a question for all of you:

As far as the weekly countdown goes, last time I was posting it each Friday. Should I continue posting it on Fridays or post it on Saturdays?? The reason I was posting it on each Friday was because that was the day that most of us were beginning our vacations, flying into Florida the day before the cruise.

So... Friday countdown or Saturday countdown?? I'll go with the majority vote! :)

Doreen and/or Karen!!!

What cabin # was it that you had that was directly across from us??? We were in 6042.

If it's available, we might put the kids in their own cabin!!! thanks!!!

I vote for Friday countdown, since most will fly down the night before.

Terry...Did you book your RCCL trip through All Seasons also?

Karen thanks for the quick reply! You were right across from us, right?? So 6043 is across from 6042?? I just spoke to Sandra and told her that we definitely want the kids to be directly across from us. I think I'm driving her nuts :o First I was booking just John and I, then I called back to add the kids, then I called back again to ask about a separate cabin for the kids. Yikes. If she can pull this off, I'll have to send her a card or something. lol

Originally posted by Mjasp
I vote for Friday countdown, since most will fly down the night before.

Terry...Did you book your RCCL trip through All Seasons also?

Ok, 1 vote for Friday so far :)

Joanna: We booked the RCI cruise through a TA in NJ. It's the same company that my brothers and their wives booked through, and they had the best rate. They deal in large volume of RCI cruises, a lot like how All Seasons deals with high volume of DCL cruises. My brothers and SILs have used that company many times before and never had a problem, so we booked our cabin at the same time, with them.

Terry

This room was directly accross from you. This is where Jaclyn and I stayed. I liked the room!!!:wave2:

Gee, so far it looks like Devin and I will be the only ones in the group on deck 7 (7567). :guilty:

At least it's close to the midship stairs, so I'll be able to pop down to deck 6 to visit Terry and Anna (disneycrazzzy) without much problem. :hyper2:

Dori

Thanks Karen! :)

I'm a little worried right now, until Sandra calls me back :( She was talking quickly before, she was in the middle of doing several bookings, plus the changes I keep making to mine, and I *think* she said that if I make a change to the cabin (such as adding the kids, and now taking them off again to put into their own cabin), that we'd lose that 10% discount. Probably the $200 credit too. I really wish I would've just thought to book 2 cabins in the first place! I can blame John. lol He's the one who told me at first to just book the 2 of us, then this afternoon he said to add the kids, then when he got home he said to ask about a separate cabin for them. *sigh* Oh well. All I can do now is wait for Sandra to call me back with the details :(

I was wondering if we could get a group rate discount at the hotel for the night before. Any ideas??????:)

Terry - that's what we did with the kids. We are in 6610 and they're right across in 6611.

-Mary Rose

Terry,

I would be persistant but nice. Is this TA booking alot of our group. I would mention Donna who was booking our cruise on the ship. She was working late,late late and we were told about the 10% discount and the $200.00 credit. She couldn't handle all the requests for the rebookings but I would use her name. Let them know that we are giving them alot of repeat business and probably more after this next adventure. You would think they would want to make us all happy and use their services exclusively!!!. Just a thought!!!:)

Ok everyone I am booked cabin 6080.

Here is my long story. DCL emailed me back and said I would not be able to get the discount or shipboard credit.

However; thanks to Ginny's posting I sent in my request to Kelsie at Dreamsunlimited travel and I got both the discount and my shipboard credit.

I think I got a great rate compared to what is listed on the DCL website. DU quoted me $3,095.56 less my DU instant rebate of $100 bringing my total due to $2,995.56 for a category 6 for two people.

Now I am waiting for a quote for my friends.

I am soooo excited to be able to see everyone again.

Now on another note: Travel Insurance, Access America is great I just received a check for $632.00 for our extra days after the cruise and my expenses on the ship after 9/4. They paid for everything that I charged on my ship account after 9/4, I did not bill them for souvineers, and they also paid for everything that we purchased when we got back to Disney. I submitted my bill for park tickets with the thought that they would tell me no way, but they paid everything. A GREAT BIG THANK YOU TO TERRY, I think you suggested this company. I am using them again on my upcoming cruises.

Lyn:Pinkbounc :sunny: :bounce: :wave:

Lynn:wave2:

I am so glad you are going to go again. I really enjoyed spending the afternoons at the adult pool in our designated area.!!!!:Pinkbounc

Karen:

I was just thinking about you. My friend and I were thinking about taking a long weekend trip to Disney. I'll let you know if we decide to go so that you can join us.

Lyn

LYNR

Can you send me the info on that insurance you purchased if you don't mind.:wave2:

Originally posted by lynr
Ok everyone I am booked cabin 6080.

Here is my long story. DCL emailed me back and said I would not be able to get the discount or shipboard credit.

However; thanks to Ginny's posting I sent in my request to Kelsie at Dreamsunlimited travel and I got both the discount and my shipboard credit.

lynr:

I am confused. Are you saying you booked with DCL over the phone, did not get a discount or onboard credit, called DU and got both?

I never heard of anyone getting an onboard credit through a TA. I thought that could only be done through DCL while onboard a cruise.

Jeff

LYNR

Let me know the dates I am an annual passholder. Lets go!!!!:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

Lynr

Let me know the dates. I get a goodDiscount with being an annual passholder!!! :wave2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter