• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Can we talk dessert party?

I've been trying to get a reservation to this party in early March, but it keeps telling me none are available. I just can't tell if I'm too early or too late.

Just wanted to let everyone know that it looks like they just released the ability to make reservations for the March "Celebration at the Top at the Contemporary: 50th Flavors and Fireworks". I made my reservations and I'm pretty excited!

If I get there after 6:30.. is the line short to get in? Thinking we only need to be at the party itself about 20 minutes or so to grab one round of snacks, then go over to area around 7:30 and try to find a spot near the back. Kids are 5’2” so hoping with folks usually moving towards front they would have some space in front of them if we are near back.

I did a pre party on 1/5 on a very crowded MK day.
The lines for check in started to form around 6PM ish and they let people check in already after little past 6PM.
in the beginning there was not a big line for getting the dessert but it grew so i highly recommend to just put as much as you can ok the plate the first time that you dont have to go back and forth.
We went to the garden viewing area around 6:55 (fireworks at 8PM) and the front rows were already full. There is a little area in front of the garden for ECV people and their families so the CM says to sit on the „grass“ and not the pavement that they can let ECV people in.
However people were standing close to the fence to just secure a good viewing spot and eventually i did that too because i‘m 4feet 9 and had 2little kids.
I could not see how the back looks like because people around me were so tall🤣
But people have reported that there is more space in the back because people just generally push to the front for a better view (which is true - i had a super grumpy old grandpa next to me who kept pushing even my 5years old daughter away, so rude!!)

After the show we waited 15min in the garden area until the crowd got better.

I read that strollers were not allowed but we were able to bring in our double stroller. Probably people were annoyed because it took up space but no one yelled at me :)

I paid the gigantic price for the view. the desserts were just „ok“ .
People started to secure a place around 5PM that day and literally at 5PM the good viewing area outside the garden were gone (people sitting, parkind ECV/strollers, etc)
Thank you so much! This is really helpful!!

Just wanted to let everyone know that it looks like they just released the ability to make reservations for the March "Celebration at the Top at the Contemporary: 50th Flavors and Fireworks". I made my reservations and I'm pretty excited!
I was surprised they don't have this scheduled more often. I am seeing about 1-2 times per week.

Can you eat your desserts in the garden area (for pre-party)? I’m picturing you just grab some desserts and stand there, eat them, then go to the garden area to find a spot.

Does anyone know the end time for the after party? The fireworks are at 8pm that night, I would assume since the event is 2 hours long the party would last until 10pm. Is that correct?

When we went in Nov the buffet was still open 5 minutes to close. We chose to head to Splash Mountain.

I would just checkin 10-15 mins before park close. We didn’t know we could go and ride rides before heading over and wasted a good 15 mins in the long line.

In Nov the viewing area was extremely crowded 20 mins before fireworks (Jersey week) and we only took a few steps in (we had a stroller) and couldn’t go anywhere. There are no CMs guiding you or directing you to an open spot. They just kept yelling to stay off the pavement for wheelchairs.

For Treats and Seats, how fast in advance are things booking up!? I see nothing available at 60 days out. I can book toMorrow and am hoping to get it for my 60+4….think this will be possible?

For Treats and Seats, how fast in advance are things booking up!? I see nothing available at 60 days out. I can book toMorrow and am hoping to get it for my 60+4….think this will be possible?

How’d it go?? I have the same question. Window opens in a few days. I will be trying for a reservation on 60+5 and wondering if it’s even worth bothering or if I should just start with my second most important reservation and prepare to obsessively check for someone to drop a reservation in the future haha

How’d it go?? I have the same question. Window opens in a few days. I will be trying for a reservation on 60+5 and wondering if it’s even worth bothering or if I should just start with my second most important reservation and prepare to obsessively check for someone to drop a reservation in the future haha
I think you'll be fine on 60+5

I was actually 60+5 also….I had counted wrong when I said 60+4. I got it easily this morning!!!

Bummer!!! Treats and Seats Was my first reservation attempt right when the window opened at 6:00, shooting for 60+5 and kept giving me the little Buzz and telling me no times available and to “try a different date range”. Was able to grab a pre-party, but not sure I’ll keep it since the idea of having a guaranteed seat away from a crowd for our 2 and 4 year olds was part of the major draw.

Last edited:
So if you have a young child (5 year old), it sounds like treats and seats is the way to go so they’ll be able to see better?

So if you have a young child (5 year old), it sounds like treats and seats is the way to go so they’ll be able to see better?
I saw photos from this and thought the viewing angle was meh. We have a 5 year old and did the after party one

Thank you. So it sounds like your kid was able to see over the people standing in the garden viewing area then?
No idea. We didn’t go yet 😂. But she was ok when we were like in the regular crowd. So I can’t imagine this being worse than that

Hi! Going to WDW for the first time next month with husband and two kids, 6 and 9, and I asked our Disney agent to book a fireworks dessert party because I remembered having that book for our originally planned April 2020 trip. The reservation says it's the pre-party at Tomorrowland. I don't see anything about garden viewing area in it; is that a different party? Is what I booked okay for my kids' ages? It seems to start at 7:30 but I think fireworks aren't until 9pm--do people get there right at 7:30 or...? Thanks!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter