Canadian DVC Members - 198 - List on Page 1

Great to find a place with so many Canadian DVC Members! I feel like the only one sometimes. And me to the list.

Became a member in February 2011 with initial purchase at Animal Kingdom Lodge and bought into Grand Floridian last summer.

Could you add me to the list? My fiancé and I bought 150 points at WLV in July. My future in-laws will be using our points for 'our' first visit home to attend our Disney wedding in August.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

You can add my name to the list. DVCers since Feb 2013 with Bay Lake as our home and we've already made two trips. Christmas 2013 and Epcot Flowre & Garden 2014. We've now got our third trip booked for Oct for MNSSHP and a resort stay plus cruise planned for Jan 2015. :cool1:

And now this update...

We just got back from our NNSHP trip (see the TR at http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3342373) and also added on a 50 point contract direct from Disney! :banana::yay:

I live in BC Canada, our first trip to WDW will be in May but we go to Disneyland all the time and love it. I am very interested in the DVC but when I go to their website I can't access any information because I live in BC. The only provinces that come up are Ontario and Alberta. Does this mean I can't purchase? What should my next step be?

I live in BC Canada, our first trip to WDW will be in May but we go to Disneyland all the time and love it. I am very interested in the DVC but when I go to their website I can't access any information because I live in BC. The only provinces that come up are Ontario and Alberta. Does this mean I can't purchase? What should my next step be?

You will not be able to purchase or get info directly from Disney at home. If you want to buy from disney or speak to them about DVC, you will need to wait until May when you are there. Your other option is to buy resale which you can do from home.

You will not be able to purchase or get info directly from Disney at home. If you want to buy from disney or speak to them about DVC, you will need to wait until May when you are there. Your other option is to buy resale which you can do from home.

and in your opinion, if you don't mind me asking, is resale a decent way to go? Obviously we want to do the tour while we are down there but if we fall in love with it, would it be bad to purchase resale?

Thank you by the way!!

We bought resale and saved a bunch of money doing so. Buying resale you can choose what resort you want as your home resort where with Disney you can only purchase at the resort where they are selling right now. Plus you pay a large premium buying through Disney. There are certain limits on resales, if you want to only stay at Disney resorts this won't be an issue. If you want to use your DVC points for other places not Disney or Adventures by Disney then you should buy direct from Disney. Though IMHO using your points for non-Disney stays is not an efficient use of your points.

We are planning on adding on to our purchase and we will by from the resale market. For us it is the only way to go since we only stay at Disney resorts.

and do you have any problems using them for Disneyland as well? We are in Victoria BC so it is much closer to travel to DL than WDW. We are actually just doing our first WDW vacation this May. I have always put it off because I just know that I am going to love it and it just so far away.

thanks for the help by the way.

One more question, can I still do a tour at WDW even if I plan on buying resale? and how do I set up a tour?

What I would recommend is to buy where you plan on staying the most. So for you it would be the Grand Californian. You can book 11 months out at your home resort and only 7 at other DVC resorts.

You can look at DVC suites without buying from Disney. I am not sure of the other resorts, as I haven't actively looked for them, but at the Boardwalk Villas there is a suite that you can go into and see what the rooms offer and talk to the DVC sales folk there. At all parks and resorts there are DVC kiosks set up with staff to talk to. You can talk to them and see if they can possibly set up a tour for you.

May I be added to the list of Canadian DVC owners? ^^
I bought 200 BLT points last summer.

The whole family is really looking forward to our very first DVC stay : a 12 nights stay in october.

With the Canadian dollar plummetting, the cost of annual dues just skyrocketed though...

Hi, you can add me to the list, checking in from Newfoundland! our home is SSR, but we've mostly stayed at AKL, with stays at VGC and Aulani coming up this summer. I'm a little more active on other boards, but I have lurked around here for a while now.

Add us to your list, VWL since 2001 and AKV, we now camp at FW almost every year :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter