Canoeing?

Beth

Just happy to be here...
When we stayed at Ft. Wilderness this past October, then again when we at VWL this past February - canoeing was not really an option, as there was construction being done on the nearby bridges, which meant you could pretty much just paddle around in the "lagoon area" there by the bike barn. Hardly worth the $$.

We'll be back there again later this month, and thought this would be a nice, low-cost activity for some teenagers we're bringing over.

Does anyone know if the "bridge construction" has been completed?

TIA

Yes, Its all finished. It only took about 2 weeks or maybe less. It seems like we went on one weekend and they had the crane set up and most of the material on site and the next weekend it was all finished. We saw them put in the new sidewalk by the Meadows Trading Post in two days. They don't mess around when the construction is in plain site. They had it well planed out.

I just reread your OP and you must be talking about a different bridge. The one I saw being built was the walk over bridge to the 1500 loop from the pool but it would have been done when you were there in February.

Thanks for your info, Meph1s.

I'm not sure "which" construction precluded us from canoeing in October, then again in February. I assumed it was all the same - but maybe it wasn't. We "did" see the construction on the bridge over by the tennis courts back in October, but didn't see the problem in February...

You said the construction was finished, but do you know for sure if they have allowed people back in the canals to canoe?

Thanks very much for your help!

No I don't know for sure. But I'm sure someone will give you the latest info. If all else fails you can call the bike barn.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter