***Can't keep us down...OFFICIAL MAY 2021 THREAD...come heck or high water we're going to WDW!!!***

So glad I found this thread! Have a trip planned for May 2021 at The Riviera 😍 anyone know if they’ll release discounts for May anytime soon? I say they released discounts for Jan-April, hoping they do the same for May!

So glad I found this thread! Have a trip planned for May 2021 at The Riviera 😍 anyone know if they’ll release discounts for May anytime soon? I say they released discounts for Jan-April, hoping they do the same for May!
In the past, discounts for late spring have been released in January. I will be watching! Whoever sees it first, should post here. 👀

Let me know when you have dates and I can add you to the list! :D

Just rescheduled our trip for the second time; originally Oct 2020, then Feb 2021, and now May.

We are staying at AoA from Thurs May 6th to Sat May 15th. This will be my boyfriend's first time going to Disney and my 12th time. Staying as optimistic as possible for this trip to work out because both of our birthdays are in early May (his 30th on May 1st and my 29th on the 7th, our first day in the parks)! 🥳

Just rescheduled our trip for the second time; originally Oct 2020, then Feb 2021, and now May.

We are staying at AoA from Thurs May 6th to Sat May 15th. This will be my boyfriend's first time going to Disney and my 12th time. Staying as optimistic as possible for this trip to work out because both of our birthdays are in early May (his 30th on May 1st and my 29th on the 7th, our first day in the parks)! 🥳
We hope to be in AoA as well 5/9-5/16 (rescheduled from May 2020 to August 2020 to May 2021). Fingers crossed for all of us!

:welcome::welcome::welcome:

You are on the list! Yes, stay positive! :D

I’m always so detailed in planning my trips. It feels so weird to be coming up on 180 days and not planning out my meals! I am happy to see that they seem to be opening more dining up slowly. That’s was my real issue when we went in August. Dining choices were so limited. Anyway, just stopped by to get my Disney fix. So far, we are still a go on this trip. My boys are comfortable with masks now.

Hi everyone. Checking in on the May crew, have been absent from the boards because I’ve just been too depressed to keep up on Disney. So many plans ruined, everything we were looking forward to going up in smoke (the band at GF really hurt). Hard to stay positive about our happy place.

We are still in limbo about our trip, waiting on any news of CL or the Poly refurb. Our “plan B” is to downgrade to a regular non-CL room at GF for week 1 and change to YC for week 2. But our TA advised us to wait until after the holidays to see what will happen.

Tomorrow is the release date for southwest flights for the next batch of dates through August.

WARNING: I just got off the phone with Southwest. We have a credit from our canceled flight from last May. That credit was extended to Sept. 2022. HOWEVER, the person I spoke with says if I book a flight with those credits (which I was planning on doing tomorrow) the expiration date reverts to their usual policy so those credits will now expire one year from date of booking (or Dec. 2021 if I book a flight tomorrow with those credits). Since we're not 100% sure we're going this May, I guess I'll take my chances and book a flight closer to when we know we are definitely going...Just thought this might be useful info...

Great! Thank you for letting us know! I've been checking and surprised they hadn't released them yet.

I’m really surprised too, JetBlue’s calendar was extended ages ago. We booked our end of May flights ASAP to take advantage of the flexible policies. Since we’re using points I’m not worried, and my travel bank credits were enough to cover the taxes and fees.

WARNING: I just got off the phone with Southwest. We have a credit from our canceled flight from last May. That credit was extended to Sept. 2022. HOWEVER, the person I spoke with says if I book a flight with those credits (which I was planning on doing tomorrow) the expiration date reverts to their usual policy so those credits will now expire one year from date of booking (or Dec. 2021 if I book a flight tomorrow with those credits). Since we're not 100% sure we're going this May, I guess I'll take my chances and book a flight closer to when we know we are definitely going...Just thought this might be useful info...
I converted my funds to points when they offered that. So I didn't have to worry about the expiration.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter